What does DHS need with 2,700 armored vehicles? (and why have they bought a billion b

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By Rick Moran
03/04/2013

More to the point; why isn't anyone in Congress asking?

You see a story like this - and the one about a billion bullets bought by the government - and you wonder why no one in Congress has bothered to look into it. I am totally unconvinced there are any dark designs by DHS on American citizens or our democracy. But this seems a colossal waste of money - if true - and isn't ferreting out waste like this what we are paying those jamokes on Capitol Hill for?

Jim Hoft writes:

Modern Survival Blog reported:

The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these 'Mine Resistant Protected' vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

Although I've seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.

The new DHS sanctioned 'Street Sweeper' (my own slang due to the gun ports) is built by Navistar Defense (NavistarDefense.com), a division within the Navistar organization. Under the Navistar umbrella are several other companies including International Trucks, IC Bus (they make school buses), Monaco RV (recreational vehicles), WorkHorse (they make chassis), MaxxForce (diesel engines), and Navistar Financial (the money arm of the company).​

111130fortbenning_lg.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pS9aw5pcJo]DHS-HSI Homeland Security Investigations El Paso SRT MRAP Armored Vehicle - YouTube[/ame]​

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Blog: What does DHS need with 2,700 armored vehicles?

Forum List

Back