Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?

Hey if it only takes a nano second to change from one ten round mag to another, what is the big fuking deal if you can't get a 30 round mag?

What's the reason to ban it? There is no appreciable difference therefore it's a waste of time and money to pass and enforce a meaningless law.

Btw, that cop in Texas that shot 41 times before he killed the driver of the car, he didn't have any problem with not having a 30 round mag. He just kept changing clips. But having to shoot 41 times at a guy that wasn't shooting back, he needs more time on the range.

Of course he needs a new job to.

Or I liked the story I read this AM about the janitor being trained to be armed in school. He shot himself accidently of course. He's ok though. And I am sure passed the course. He didn't kill anybody.

Not too many handguns have 30 round magazines.

Please stop calling a magazine a clip and at least pretend you know what you're talking about.

IMO you last three posters are nuts. Sleep tight and hold your guns close, for soon enough common sense will prevail.

So, the only conclusion I can draw is that you were unable to defeat their argument with fact and therefore seek to minimize and dismiss them with the ad hominem attack. The FACTS are that I cannot be punished for a crime UNTIL I commit the crime. Limiting my access to my Second Amendment Right in ANY way is basically a prior restraint punishment based on no crime committed by me.

IMO you last three posters are nuts. Sleep tight and hold your guns close, for soon enough common sense will prevail.

So, the only conclusion I can draw is that you were unable to defeat their argument with fact and therefore seek to minimize and dismiss them with the ad hominem attack. The FACTS are that I cannot be punished for a crime UNTIL I commit the crime. Limiting my access to my Second Amendment Right in ANY way is basically a prior restraint punishment based on no crime committed by me.

Which argument did the three nuts offer which I was unable to refute? Unless they posted an argument, no ad hominem attack could occur.

Lets look at your argument. You proffer that you cannot be punished for a crime until you commit a crime. Fair enough. Punishment is meted out by judges in one of two ways: restricting liberty, collecting a fine (or both).

When a legislature passes a law, and the law is signed by the governor, only those who violate the law are punished, the rest of the population simply obeys the law because we as Americans - at least most of us - obey laws. Those who don't are punished.

So your argument is silly. Though I doubt very much it is your argument, it's one you've heard and simply repeated.

The only pistol I know of that has close to or holds 30 rounds is the fn 5.7 x 28 mm. The same type pistol that Nidal Hasan used to massacre those people on the Army Base.

Now does anyone really believe that a criminal would follow the law and use only 7 round magazines? Then there's the NY State "SAFE" that in essence will also restrict even the police within the state to 7 round magazines.

Or now our dear Senator Feinstein is seeking to stop the sale of semi-automatic and pump shotguns. Even the Germans lost their bid to outlaw shotguns in trench warfare.

20 and 30 round mags are standard magazines. Most rilfles come with 20 or 30 round mags from the factory.

10 round mags are reduced capacity magazines.

IF you'd ever been out target shooting or plinking, you'd know that not having to reload every 10 rounds makes it more enjoyable.

Also, if several perps break into your home, it's much better to have 20 or 30 rounds in your rifle, or 13-15 in your pistol. Look at any cop shooting, and most of the shots miss the target, so why would you want to handicap your own defense weapon, when the criminal won't be handicapping theirs?

IF you thought about it, you'd also realize that criminals will always be able to get any size mag they want. It's only we who obey laws that won't have anything bigger than a 10 round mag.

So essentially Dems are aiding and abetting criminals by taking away the law-abiding citizens' right to own whatever capacity mag they wish, since criminals, by definition, do not obey laws and will use any gun, mag or ammo they can buy off the street, or steal.

Ah..I see you've had a long career in law enforcement.

Maybe you want to link some articles where there were huge gun battles between criminals and homeowners.

You know, ones where over 20 rounds were fired.

Go for it.

The only pistol I know of that has close to or holds 30 rounds is the fn 5.7 x 28 mm. The same type pistol that Nidal Hasan used to massacre those people on the Army Base.

Now does anyone really believe that a criminal would follow the law and use only 7 round magazines? Then there's the NY State "SAFE" that in essence will also restrict even the police within the state to 7 round magazines.

Or now our dear Senator Feinstein is seeking to stop the sale of semi-automatic and pump shotguns. Even the Germans lost their bid to outlaw shotguns in trench warfare.

Kel Tech makes one that comes with a 30 rd magazine as standard. I believe it is the PMR-22.

Kel Tech makes one that comes with a 30 rd magazine as standard. I believe it is the PMR-22.

Thnx.. I thought the FN was the only mfgr of the 5.7. It's the round that's a buster. Not a pistol round but definitely not a rifle round yet capable of piercing bullet proof vests while doing a lot of damage in between. It's devastating.

It's the PMR 30 in .22WMR i.e. 22 mag. It's like the poor man's 5.7. I have one for sale in the shop.

In any case no one has shown, or even averred, that mag capacity limits will save even one life, while they will certainly make criminals out of law abiding citizens.Why do we need yet another ineffective restriction on liberty? Cock-Catcher can never seem to answer this question.

You proffer that you cannot be punished for a crime until you commit a crime. Fair enough. Punishment is meted out by judges in one of two ways: restricting liberty, collecting a fine (or both).

When a legislature passes a law, and the law is signed by the governor, only those who violate the law are punished, the rest of the population simply obeys the law because we as Americans - at least most of us - obey laws. Those who don't are punished.

So your argument is silly. Though I doubt very much it is your argument, it's one you've heard and simply repeated.

Your interpretation is what is silly. You fail to see that restricting my rights based on your fear is restricting my liberty, which you admit is how government punishes us. Then, you say I won't be punish if I submit to such outrageous treatment as if that makes everything wonderful. I find such circular arguments tiresome and a tactic of an inferior mind.

let's put this another way....how many words does the average American really need to express their thoughts? how many churches does the average American really need to worship as they please? See where, I am going with this...it isn't the government's business to question its people, it's the people's business to question their government. If I want to have a full up arsenal, that is my business, not the government's. Now, if I use such arsenal against another human being unlawfully, then it is government's business. But up until that point, no way, no how, no sir...

Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?

Why is it that I must trust Obama and his drones but I can not be trusted with an assault rifle and a high capacity magazine?!?!?!??!?

good question

another one is

why is it okay for folks who work for homeland security

to purchase 7000 ar-15s for personal protection

but the all abiding citizen could not

By Mark Almonte
03/04/2013

This article focuses on pistols with high-capacity magazines (a magazine that holds more than ten bullets). The same arguments in my recent article on assault weapons could apply to high-capacity magazines for rifles.

There are several reasons for civilians to own high-capacity magazines: the right to possess the necessary means to effectively defend themselves, misconception of bullet stopping power and shooting accuracy, and the issue of multiple attackers. Additionally, on a net balance, there are benefits to the community when law-abiding citizens own guns with high-capacity magazines. William Levinson at American Thinker smartly posed the question, "Do you believe that all human beings have a natural and inherent right to defend themselves from violent attack?"

All of us would agree that in a civilized society, people have a right to self-defense. The next logical progression is that the right to self-defense implies a right to the necessary means to effectively defend oneself.

Jeffrey Snyder at the Cato Institute points out that victims don't choose where and when they will be attacked. It is the criminal who decides. The criminal will wait until the victim is most vunerable, until he is alone, or when the police are gone. He will try to have every advantage over the victim, whether it be an armed advantage, strength, or outnumbering his prey. Mr. Snyder states, "The encounter will not be on equal terms; the fight will not be 'fair.'"

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Articles: Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?
hahahhahahahahahhah
why don't you carry a knife--your buddies say it's just as deadly???
most of the time, your firearm won't matter

Only the Military and State Forces should have large capacity magazines for Riot Control and to put down any Popular Uprising.
Would you be claiming that bullshit if there were four men in ski masks smashing in your back door?
You would want all HC clips you could get your hands on.

By Mark Almonte
03/04/2013

This article focuses on pistols with high-capacity magazines (a magazine that holds more than ten bullets). The same arguments in my recent article on assault weapons could apply to high-capacity magazines for rifles.

There are several reasons for civilians to own high-capacity magazines: the right to possess the necessary means to effectively defend themselves, misconception of bullet stopping power and shooting accuracy, and the issue of multiple attackers. Additionally, on a net balance, there are benefits to the community when law-abiding citizens own guns with high-capacity magazines. William Levinson at American Thinker smartly posed the question, "Do you believe that all human beings have a natural and inherent right to defend themselves from violent attack?"

All of us would agree that in a civilized society, people have a right to self-defense. The next logical progression is that the right to self-defense implies a right to the necessary means to effectively defend oneself.

Jeffrey Snyder at the Cato Institute points out that victims don't choose where and when they will be attacked. It is the criminal who decides. The criminal will wait until the victim is most vunerable, until he is alone, or when the police are gone. He will try to have every advantage over the victim, whether it be an armed advantage, strength, or outnumbering his prey. Mr. Snyder states, "The encounter will not be on equal terms; the fight will not be 'fair.'"

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Articles: Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?
The pat answer to the question, "Why does anyone need _____?"

Is

"Because fuck you , that's why."

Seems my comment hit home with a few good old boys. I bet each of them drives a big ass PU truck too, with an extra large tail pipe and oversize tires as accessories.

How old are you?

13? :cuckoo:

65, retired law enforcement.

What's your IQ?

133, and I don't buy it, unless you were shot or clubbed in the head on duty... Or are Christopher Dorner's ghost.

I guess IQ is not an indicator of your intelligence then!

Forum List

Back