Why do you think this country needs more invested in the Military.

jbander

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2016
I don't see it personally, it's not even logical or conscienable when the increased funding is from money that is needed to help the needy in this country.

we dont.
We could probably use some "up dating" but with all the waste, im sure we could fit that in with current budgets.

we dont.
We could probably use some "up dating" but with all the waste, im sure we could fit that in with current budgets.
Unless you add in the nuclear threat , where no one wins . there is no country that can fight a war with the US military ,add in what we have and our allies have and there isn't any amount of countries that could or would have a chance. Money spent on our military above what we spend now is just spent to cycle back into the hands of the wealthy. Other then that it's absolute insanity to waste money that way.

I don't see it personally, it's not even logical or conscienable when the increased funding is from money that is needed to help the needy in this country.

How about the fact that some of the housing, including where my daughter lives, was built in the 1960s and is slowly falling apart?

How about the fact that most of junior enlisted personnel qualify for SNAP?

How about the fact that our military is being stretched thin by deployments in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, and disaster relief in the Caribbean?

How about the fact that much of the equipment is being worn out due to the increased operating tempo?

How about the fact that lack of sleep caused by crew members on Navy ships has been cited as a cause of numerous accidents?

How about the fact that the right gives only lip service to veterans and military personnel why voting against just about every bill to make these group lives better and the Democrats support just about all bills that support these groups. How about staying out of wars that are fought only for the bottom line or some nonsense like the domino theory .
We have been at war for 222 years of the last 239 years but there is but a couple handfuls that we needed to get involves with. The rest were all levels of lies and nonsense and cruelty.
I support, above everything else, that the veterans and your family members in the service get paid every dime reasonable and be supplied with everything needed to protect this group. every one of those issues that i support is well within the budget we have now and well within a budget that is cut 20 or 30%
I'd like to thank your families involvement in the military,

Ah, the innocence of youth...

Have no clue what your point is but if your talking about me, I'm 73 and your comment seems to come from the idle , lack of knowledge mind of one of your youths you're pointing to.

I see your point, but what areas of military spending would you cut back?

I remember back in the 1960s, black groups at Cape Canaveral protesting the manned space program for spending money needed for civil improvement. They, too, had a point, but most of the country, including me, wanted to go to the Moon.

You may have a point when the needy begin to take responsibility for themselves.

You see, without the worlds strongest military, the 'needy' won't have any champions of the needy because third world dictatorships don't give a fuck about the 'needy'.

Or to be even blunter, if we cannot keep our freedom from government and tyrants, no one is going to care about the poor. It is only the strong and powerful who can hope to set aside resources for those in need.

Investment in the military is what brought the U.S. out of the "Great Depression". Think of investment in the military as a win-win situation. Within certain boundries it makes Americans safer and the money invested in ships and planes and weapons goes back into the economy.

I see your point, but what areas of military spending would you cut back?

I remember back in the 1960s, black groups at Cape Canaveral protesting the manned space program for spending money needed for civil improvement. They, too, had a point, but most of the country, including me, wanted to go to the Moon.

You may have a point when the needy begin to take responsibility for themselves.

You see, without the worlds strongest military, the 'needy' won't have any champions of the needy because third world dictatorships don't give a fuck about the 'needy'.

Or to be even blunter, if we cannot keep our freedom from government and tyrants, no one is going to care about the poor. It is only the strong and powerful who can hope to set aside resources for those in need.
Oh great, you seem like a person of great insight, tell me some study or research and not hate mongering, that shows that these people in need are taking advantage of anything. And tell me how the poor can take responsibility to pay for their food and a roof over their head if they get jack shit for income.
The idea that we can't defend ourselves when this country and it's allies spends 3 out of every 4 dollars that is put out for the military is absolutely nonsense. There is no country in the world that can take over this country, so your scenario about some dictator taking over is at best comedy. Opposition and attacks on the poor has already been dumped on us, along with dictatorship thanks to the right.
I'm telling you straight out , you have no idea what your talking about. The reality is that with our military and our allies military there is no combination of powers that can even tickle us yet destroy us. We could handle every country in the world if they came out against our military and the military of our allies.
So your comment is nonsense. Don't come back with nuclear weapons because they won't be used and if they are no one will be here to complain about it.

Because, that's why.

Have no clue what your point is but if your talking about me, I'm 73 .....

That's pretty old to still be dumb enough to think a $1 reduction in military spending would mean a $1 increase in spending on "the needy."

Put the needy in the military... problem solved.

How about the fact that the right gives only lip service to veterans and military personnel why voting against just about every bill to make these group lives better and the Democrats support just about all bills that support these groups. How about staying out of wars that are fought only for the bottom line or some nonsense like the domino theory .
We have been at war for 222 years of the last 239 years but there is but a couple handfuls that we needed to get involves with. The rest were all levels of lies and nonsense and cruelty.
I support, above everything else, that the veterans and your family members in the service get paid every dime reasonable and be supplied with everything needed to protect this group. every one of those issues that i support is well within the budget we have now and well within a budget that is cut 20 or 30%
I'd like to thank your families involvement in the military,

We have been at war 222 out of 239? Did you recently suffer a head injury or did you flunk American history?

Democrats vote for the troops? What fantasy world do you live in?

Investment in the military is what brought the U.S. out of the "Great Depression". Think of investment in the military as a win-win situation. Within certain boundries it makes Americans safer and the money invested in ships and planes and weapons goes back into the economy.
That same dollar spent on anything else drives the economy at the same rate as your military dollar. But there is one thing a hell of a lot more effective then the dollar spent on the military, the dollar spent in the broad market , goes to a hell of a larger spectrum of our population then the military dollar. guess where the military dollar goes to.(Try Eisenhower's speech about the military industrial complex) , and it is a hell of a lot worse now then back then..
The right couldn't justify their requests to spend more on the military so they came back with the need to be able to fight in two wars. Which is nonsense. The solution to that nonsense is not going into wars for the sake of someone's bottom line. Other then a few wars out of the 222 years of war we have been involved in in the last 237 years. There was no reason to go, nothing involved with protecting this country. Only for the sake of someones bottom line . Many of these wars were simply evil and cruel and in no way needed.

Put the needy in the military... problem solved.
Who in the hell do you think is in the military, Try vietnam, all the poor got drafted and all the rich got a free pass.

Forum List

Back