Why do you think this country needs more invested in the Military.

Discussion in 'Military' started by jbander, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Spare_change

Spare_change Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,613
    You talk such childish bullshit.

You claim only 4 wars were "necessary" - and now you can't defend your position. List the other 96 and tell us why they weren't necessary ---- I'll debate that with you. Hell, you can't even defend the 4 you CLAIM were necessary - and you know I'll agree with you about those

As for the rest of your childish little attack, I don't claim to be all knowing [sic] on the subject, but I can damn well guarantee that I know more than you. Twenty years military, 4 years in the Pentagon Planning Office, and 3 years in WHCA (White House Communications Agency) guarantees that I have a stronger foundation, and a more profound understanding, than you. Why don't you tell us all about YOUR experience?

You ask about $600 billion, but do not have a single clue what that money is spent for. Well, I'll give you targets to shoot at -----

Components Funding Change, 2012 to 2013
    Operations and maintenance $258.277 billion -9.9%
    Military Personnel $153.531 billion -3.0%
    Procurement $97.757 billion -17.4%
    Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation $63.347 billion -12.1%
    Military Construction $8.069 billion -29.0%
    Family Housing $1.483 billion -12.2%
    Other Miscellaneous Costs $2.775 billion -59.5%
    Atomic energy defense activities $17.424 billion -4.8%
    Defense-related activities $7.433 billion -3.8%
    Total Spending $610.096 billion -10.5%

Which ones of those do you suggest we get rid of? If you like, I'll be happy to explain each of those line items you object to. You've whined, you've spouted, and you've attacked ---- now, it's time to put up or shut up.

So, we wait for:

1) Your list of 96 "unnecessary wars" with an explanation about why they are unnecessary
    2) Your recommendations on what line items we should cut, with an explanation of why, and what we will do to backfill the resultant gap.

I suspect we are going to be waiting a long, long time.

2. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,605
    It is not a question of "getting rid of" but giving a new look at the mission of our services

Do we need ten active Army Divisions deployed around the world?
    Do we need our current troop strength?
    Can we redefine our Navy's mission to cut down on the number of active ships?
    Do we need 11 supercarrier task forces when no other nation has more than one?
    Do we need 3000 functioning nuclear warheads?
    Do we need the hundreds of bases around the world?

Other nations get by without spending $600 billion on Defense
    What makes us special?

3. jbander

jbander Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +605
    TI simply asked him a question, and backed this bullshitter right back into a corner, this is a very reasonable question considering the bullshit he's trying to sell here MY COMMENT "You people are so ignorant. we have been in over 100 wars, we have only been attacked twice wwII and the war of 1812.. WWII AND WWI, the war of 1812 and the civil war had to be fought. . Tell me how any of the other wars were necessary. WE are waiting hot dog." He is totally unable to do this so he is trying to sell his bullshit that the reason he can't answer is because of me, Two stupid long drawn out reply's and nothing but bullshit. This guy has no clue.

4. 9thIDdoc

9thIDdoc Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,416
    A better question is what makes you think you can better determine the needs of our military than those trained and paid to do that very job?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 9thIDdoc

9thIDdoc Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,416
    You don't answer reasonable questions; so why would anyone answer yours (even if you knew any).
    And when someone does do you the courtesy of answering your idiotic questions you invariably simply discount the explanation as "bullshit" without the first clue as to the warped thinking (if any) on the matter. In short you argue like a retarded 2nd grader.

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,605
    Because I am a world renowned message board poster

That gives me the right to question what I don't agree with

Right now, I don't agree with paying for the U.S. to be the worlds policeman

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. jbander

jbander Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +605
    THIS guy is 100% bullshit and can't back up a thing he says."I simply asked him a question, and backed this bullshitter right back into a corner, this is a very reasonable question considering the bullshit he's trying to sell here MY COMMENT "You people are so ignorant. we have been in over 100 wars, we have only been attacked twice wwII and the war of 1812.. WWII AND WWI, the war of 1812 and the civil war had to be fought. . Tell me how any of the other wars were necessary. WE are waiting hot dog." He is totally unable to do this so he is trying to sell his bullshit that the reason he can't answer is because of me, Two stupid long drawn out reply's and nothing but bullshit. This guy has no clue."

8. jbander

jbander Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +605
    These people are brain dead when it comes to justifying this ridiculous 600 billion a year spent on the military. There is one reason why the controllers of the hate party want this , It's because they get the money , what maybe 90% goes into the top golden few's pocket. And their puppet party members jumps and does little tricks when their controllers tell them how to think.

9. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,605
    They inflate imaginary threats to justify a military budget larger than the next eight largest militaries

10. jbander

jbander Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +605
    That and commies behind every bush and terrorist around every corner, they are so easily played that these robot minds can be told anything and boy is it apparent when they open their mouth or respond in a forum like this. Brain dead nonsense.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1