Why do you think this country needs more invested in the Military.

I don't see it personally, it's not even logical or conscienable when the increased funding is from money that is needed to help the needy in this country.

How about the fact that some of the housing, including where my daughter lives, was built in the 1960s and is slowly falling apart?

How about the fact that most of junior enlisted personnel qualify for SNAP?

How about the fact that our military is being stretched thin by deployments in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, and disaster relief in the Caribbean?

How about the fact that much of the equipment is being worn out due to the increased operating tempo?

How about the fact that lack of sleep caused by crew members on Navy ships has been cited as a cause of numerous accidents?
All of which can be handled by re prioritizing our military budget and our. Mission as policeman for the world

We spend more on our military than the next ten countries combined. Eight of which are our allies

We are not the policeman for the world, we are the policeman for American interests in the world.

I don't see it personally, it's not even logical or conscienable when the increased funding is from money that is needed to help the needy in this country.

So the rich people who own military companies can get richer.

So the politicians can be given bribes by the military companies.

So the people have a distraction from the leaders taking bribes from military companies.

How about the fact that some of the housing, including where my daughter lives, was built in the 1960s and is slowly falling apart?

How about the fact that our military is being stretched thin by deployments in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, and disaster relief in the Caribbean?

How about the fact that much of the equipment is being worn out due to the increased operating tempo?

How about the fact that lack of sleep caused by crew members on Navy ships has been cited as a cause of numerous accidents?
All of which can be handled by re prioritizing our military budget and our. Mission as policeman for the world

We spend more on our military than the next ten countries combined. Eight of which are our allies

We are not the policeman for the world, we are the policeman for American interests in the world.
Wrong

Wrong

You may have a point when the needy begin to take responsibility for themselves.

You see, without the worlds strongest military, the 'needy' won't have any champions of the needy because third world dictatorships don't give a fuck about the 'needy'.

Or to be even blunter, if we cannot keep our freedom from government and tyrants, no one is going to care about the poor. It is only the strong and powerful who can hope to set aside resources for those in need.
Oh great, you seem like a person of great insight, tell me some study or research and not hate mongering, that shows that these people in need are taking advantage of anything. And tell me how the poor can take responsibility to pay for their food and a roof over their head if they get jack shit for income.
The idea that we can't defend ourselves when this country and it's allies spends 3 out of every 4 dollars that is put out for the military is absolutely nonsense. There is no country in the world that can take over this country, so your scenario about some dictator taking over is at best comedy. Opposition and attacks on the poor has already been dumped on us, along with dictatorship thanks to the right.
I'm telling you straight out , you have no idea what your talking about. The reality is that with our military and our allies military there is no combination of powers that can even tickle us yet destroy us. We could handle every country in the world if they came out against our military and the military of our allies.
So your comment is nonsense. Don't come back with nuclear weapons because they won't be used and if they are no one will be here to complain about it.
Why should I respond to your hate mongering? There are literally thousands of threads on this forum alone that discuss and detail some solutions on how those who are dependant on the US Government can be addressed.

It is absolute nonsense to think that this world is not a dangerous place and that the whole world would like nothing better than to do away with the United States, take our resources, and do away with our freedoms. You want to talk about cutting our defense, then you support politicians who will absolutely do a number of things.

1. Stop preventing the United States from energy independence. That means opening up the Nuclear, Coal, Oil, and Natural Gas industry. Without implementing crushing taxation on them.

2. Stop rushing to the aid of anyone in this world. Let Europe and the rest of the world fend for themselves.

3. Annihilate any country that threatens us. No nation building. Just go in, crush them so that their ability to wage war is set back two thousand years, then go home.

Until such time, spending on our defense is the NUMBER 1 Priority in this nation and supercedes ANYTHING else.

The more money we spend on the military , the more freedom you have to post

No?
bullshit, the more wars you stay out of the less threat there is to this country. If you mean by freedom as being corporate profits then you might have a point. otherwise there is little reality between freedom and the wars we fight in. Maybe you would like to look at the total list I
Have no clue what your point is but if your talking about me, I'm 73 .....

That's pretty old to still be dumb enough to think a $1 reduction in military spending would mean a $1 increase in spending on "the needy."
What the hell are you talking about, maybe you would like to point out where I said that bullshit.

Some dope said:

"it's not even logical or conscienable [sic] when the increased funding is from money that is needed to help the needy in this country."
Tell me where in that statement I said "That's pretty old to still be dumb enough to think a $1 reduction in military spending would mean a $1 increase in spending on "the needy." Your scum bag president and party is pulling massive amounts of money that is used to help the needy to give to the wealthy and to increase spending on the military. Your comment at best is simply mindless at worst stupid.

So, tell us oh wise one! How much has TANF been cut? How much has SNAP been cut?

Oh, that's right! Not a single person has seen a reduction in their benefits.

Why don't you just admit you have no idea what you are bitching about?
You can be conservative and make your points but why be a dumb clueless partisan. .from MPR "The House budget plan would slash spending by $5.4 trillion over 10 years, including more than $4 trillion in cuts to mandatory spending like Medicaid and Medicare, while ramping up defense spending." You seem to be rather mindless.

No?
bullshit, the more wars you stay out of the less threat there is to this country. If you mean by freedom as being corporate profits then you might have a point. otherwise there is little reality between freedom and the wars we fight in. Maybe you would like to look at the total list I

That's pretty old to still be dumb enough to think a $1 reduction in military spending would mean a $1 increase in spending on "the needy."
What the hell are you talking about, maybe you would like to point out where I said that bullshit.

Once again the more money we spend on the military Hanes, the more freedom you have to post ..... stuffing your fat face eating doughnuts sitting on a couch
You said that already . it meant nothing before and that hasn't changed. There is no country in the world that can take our freedom away , even if we cut a massive amount from the military. Tell me how anyone can take it away from us when 3 out of every 4 dollars that is spent on the military is spent by us and our allies. Your nonsense doesn't carry any weight here.

the only ones that can take our freedoms away is us
Philosophically your right, it's a state of mind but your freedom disappears real quick when you try to licence the media that tell the truth about non stop right wing lies and then are intimidated threatened and called junk news. When the truth is that it is a junk party without lies and distortions couldn't/wouldn't exist.

Why do you think this country needs more invested in the Military.

We need to spend more on the military so we will have justification for more tax cuts for the rich and corporations!

What? You think this does not make sense? Just ask ANY republican!

No?

Once again the more money we spend on the military Hanes, the more freedom you have to post ..... stuffing your fat face eating doughnuts sitting on a couch
You said that already . it meant nothing before and that hasn't changed. There is no country in the world that can take our freedom away , even if we cut a massive amount from the military. Tell me how anyone can take it away from us when 3 out of every 4 dollars that is spent on the military is spent by us and our allies. Your nonsense doesn't carry any weight here.

Philosophically your right, it's a state of mind but your freedom disappears real quick when you try to licence the media that tell the truth about non stop right wing lies and then are intimidated threatened and called junk news. When the truth is that it is a junk party without

There is zero reason why this country should use it's youth as cannon fodder for any corporate interest. Or any bottom line issue. And the people who think it's OK are selling out their country and it's people.

You may have a point when the needy begin to take responsibility for themselves.

You see, without the worlds strongest military, the 'needy' won't have any champions of the needy because third world dictatorships don't give a fuck about the 'needy'.

Or to be even blunter, if we cannot keep our freedom from government and tyrants, no one is going to care about the poor. It is only the strong and powerful who can hope to set aside resources for those in need.
Oh great, you seem like a person of great insight, tell me some study or research and not hate mongering, that shows that these people in need are taking advantage of anything. And tell me how the poor can take responsibility to pay for their food and a roof over their head if they get jack shit for income.
The idea that we can't defend ourselves when this country and it's allies spends 3 out of every 4 dollars that is put out for the military is absolutely nonsense. There is no country in the world that can take over this country, so your scenario about some dictator taking over is at best comedy. Opposition and attacks on the poor has already been dumped on us, along with dictatorship thanks to the right.
I'm telling you straight out , you have no idea what your talking about. The reality is that with our military and our allies military there is no combination of powers that can even tickle us yet destroy us. We could handle every country in the world if they came out against our military and the military of our allies.
So your comment is nonsense. Don't come back with nuclear weapons because they won't be used and if they are no one will be here to complain about it.
Why should I respond to your hate mongering? There are literally thousands of threads on this forum alone that discuss and detail some solutions on how those who are dependant on the US Government can be addressed.

It is absolute nonsense to think that this world is not a dangerous place and that the whole world would like nothing better than to do away with the United States, take our resources, and do away with our freedoms. You want to talk about cutting our defense, then you support politicians who will absolutely do a number of things.

1. Stop preventing the United States from energy independence. That means opening up the Nuclear, Coal, Oil, and Natural Gas industry. Without implementing crushing taxation on them.

2. Stop rushing to the aid of anyone in this world. Let Europe and the rest of the world fend for themselves.

3. Annihilate any country that threatens us. No nation building. Just go in, crush them so that their ability to wage war is set back two thousand years, then go home.

Until such time, spending on our defense is the NUMBER 1 Priority in this nation and supercedes ANYTHING else.

th

No?

Philosophically your right, it's a state of mind but your freedom disappears real quick when you try to licence the media that tell the truth about non stop right wing lies and then are intimidated threatened and called junk news. When the truth is that it is a junk party without lies and distortions couldn't/wouldn't exist.
the media is licensed already

the broadcasters NBC -CBS-ABC are not licensed but the stations that carry them are

personally i think it is dangerous idea

the leftists tried that in the past

" Why should I respond to your hate mongering?" Don't you think that your endless response is a little ridiculous after the premise of your above quote being your first line. Other then massacring Indians in the endless Indian wars there has only been 4 wars that was fought in our borders. That's out of a couple of hundred. Your simply a puppet ,in fact a rather unintelligent puppet to think this country freedom is threatened in any way. It's total nonsense. Tell me who's going to take over this country other then hate groups from your party. Also tell me how they could even possibly do it. Otherwise your comment is just rhetoric , blind rhetoric.

Our military does not defend us

We have not been invaded in 200 years. No nation on earth has the capability of in ading us

We use our military to extend our power around the world

th

the media is licensed already

the broadcasters NBC -CBS-ABC are not licensed but the stations that carry them are

personally i think it is dangerous idea

the leftists tried that in the past
President gum drop said he wants to take aways the license of NBC, now it's your turn You said the leftist tried to do that in the past. Tell us all about that.

We have not been invaded in 200 years. No nation on earth has the capability of in ading us

Sop are you willing to get hundreds of thousand of our young people killed to achieve that goal???

Sop are you willing to get hundreds of thousand of our young people killed to achieve that goal???

We have had hundreds of thousands killed on foreign shores

In the past 200 years, we have had a few thousand killed defending our shores

No?
Ah, the innocence of youth...

Some dope said:

"it's not even logical or conscienable [sic] when the increased funding is from money that is needed to help the needy in this country."
Tell me where in that statement I said "That's pretty old to still be dumb enough to think a $1 reduction in military spending would mean a $1 increase in spending on "the needy." Your scum bag president and party is pulling massive amounts of money that is used to help the needy to give to the wealthy and to increase spending on the military. Your comment at best is simply mindless at worst stupid.

So, tell us oh wise one! How much has TANF been cut? How much has SNAP been cut?

No?

Some dope said:

You can be conservative and make your points but why be a dumb clueless partisan. .from MPR "The House budget plan would slash spending by $5.4 trillion over 10 years, including more than $4 trillion in cuts to mandatory spending like Medicaid and Medicare, while ramping up defense spending." You seem to be rather mindless.

WTF is MPR?

I see you could not answer my question so you deflected to medicare and Medicaid.

$5.4 trillion across 10 years is $540 billion out of how many trillions already wasted on these programs every year?

Medicare spending is never cut because the actual cost is undetermined until after the fact. That is why it is called mandatory spending. The only thing Medicare actually cuts is reimbursement to doctors and other medical providers. The individual will never see any cuts to the program.

Medicaid should be a state program and the federal government needs to cut all funding for it.

Hundreds of thousands? Now you have just gone off the deep end!

Forum List

Back