CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

Because no one has the right to the use of another person's body without their permission.
Murder is murder regardless of a Law of the Land. What a joke people are who defend abortion for any reason. I will say that I think a woman pregnant via rape or incest should have the choice whether or not to carry the child to term, but therein my argument against murder falters.

Conservatives believe in small government...small enough to fit in a woman's vagina...

I am one of the few here who remember what it was like before abortion was legal. Abortions were common, but done in other countries, back allies, or by a friend of a friend of a friend, who had no medical training. The only thing that the pro-life people would accomplish is to drive women back to non-professional people. For example, Frank Sinatra's mother made a living doing abortions.

In the 1960's I saw high school girls disappear for a couple of months during the school year, "visiting their relatives" in another state. Everyone knew what that meant.

I am one of the few here who remember what it was like before abortion was legal. Abortions were common, but done in other countries, back allies, or by a friend of a friend of a friend, who had no medical training. The only thing that the pro-life people would accomplish is to drive women back to non-professional people. For example, Frank Sinatra's mother made a living doing abortions.

In the 1960's I saw high school girls disappear for a couple of months during the school year, "visiting their relatives" in another state. Everyone knew what that meant.
Yeah, it meant they screwed around and got pregnant and went off somewhere to fix their mistake by murdering the evidence.

Don't you think it's important to fight for a human life that's defenseless?
They did not ask to be conceived....

how do you propose the government could ever do such a thing?
underground-lens-magnifying-glass-spy.jpg

you want a government rep to investigate every sexual encounter in the country?

No, I just think willful killing of defenseless human beings should be illegal.

So if a woman has a miscarriage- should it be investigated like any child death to determine whether or not the 'mother' was negligent and may have contributed to the miscarriage?

If a woman smokes cigarettes during her pregnancy- and has a miscarriage- should she be charged with manslaughter?

Yeah, it meant they screwed around and got pregnant and went off somewhere to fix their mistake by murdering the evidence.

It meant if they came from wealthy families- they could go get a safe legal abortion.

if they were poor, they either risked their own lives getting an abortion, or risked their own lives having the baby.

Oh and that included married wives who weren't 'screwing around' too.

So if a woman has a miscarriage- should it be investigated like any child death to determine whether or not the 'mother' was negligent and may have contributed to the miscarriage?

If a woman smokes cigarettes during her pregnancy- and has a miscarriage- should she be charged with manslaughter?

I have issue with legalizing things and making them easier for people to "sin".
I realized I'm stepping in the "mixing religion and government" realm, however, even outside of my Christian beliefs, I think it's better for society as a whole to:

(1) Not legalize abortion; and
(2) Not legalize same sex marriage.

If I didn't have a job, I could probably justify my positions better, but, I have a crazy hectic day in front of me and will only be able to post "sound bites" on here today....

There are many different scenarios and situations that deserve good discourse around both topics of abortion and same sex marriage.......

I realized I'm stepping in the "mixing religion and government" realm, however, even outside of my Christian beliefs, I think it's better for society as a whole to:

If I didn't have a job, I could probably justify my positions better, but, I have a crazy hectic day in front of me and will only be able to post "sound bites" on here today....

There are many different scenarios and situations that deserve good discourse around both topics of abortion and same sex marriage.......

Feel free to post again later- I normally stay out of the abortion debate because I find it far too much like arguing about whether God exists or not- there rarely is a rational discussion. But I am hopeful you and I can have one.

Here is my position:
1) I would be absolutely happy if no woman ever wanted- or had an abortion. And with that in mind, I belief that strategies to reduce unwanted pregnancies can and will reduce abortions.
2) I believe that no one has the right to tell a woman what she must do with her body- and that includes being pregnant.
3) I believe that laws that outlaw abortion harm women- desperate women have illegal abortions and die. Wealthy women simply go to where abortions are legal. Poor women either face risky illegal abortions- or have children that she may not be able to support.
4) However- if abortions are made illegal- the only rational for that is to declare the fetus as a human being- a child- and IF that is the case- then any miscarriage would have to be treated just the same as the death of any child- and women would face possible criminal prosecution for putting their children at risk for smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, weighing too much, weighing too little, exercising too vigorously etc.

5) Same gender marriage is a totally different issue- probably best we don't bring it in also- BUT- I don't know how it would be best for 'society as a whole' for same gender couples not to be able to marry. Certainly my marriage is not harmed if our gay friends are married. As far as I am concerned- if marriage is good for society- and I think it is- then we should be encouraging couples to get married- not discouraging them.

Feel free to post again later- I normally stay out of the abortion debate because I find it far too much like arguing about whether God exists or not- there rarely is a rational discussion. But I am hopeful you and I can have one.

Here is my position:
1) I would be absolutely happy if no woman ever wanted- or had an abortion. And with that in mind, I belief that strategies to reduce unwanted pregnancies can and will reduce abortions.
2) I believe that no one has the right to tell a woman what she must do with her body- and that includes being pregnant.
3) I believe that laws that outlaw abortion harm women- desperate women have illegal abortions and die. Wealthy women simply go to where abortions are legal. Poor women either face risky illegal abortions- or have children that she may not be able to support.
4) However- if abortions are made illegal- the only rational for that is to declare the fetus as a human being- a child- and IF that is the case- then any miscarriage would have to be treated just the same as the death of any child- and women would face possible criminal prosecution for putting their children at risk for smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, weighing too much, weighing too little, exercising too vigorously etc.

5) Same gender marriage is a totally different issue- probably best we don't bring it in also- BUT- I don't know how it would be best for 'society as a whole' for same gender couples not to be able to marry. Certainly my marriage is not harmed if our gay friends are married. As far as I am concerned- if marriage is good for society- and I think it is- then we should be encouraging couples to get married- not discouraging them.

There is an innocent human life in that woman that has no say over the matter.
Someone should stand up for that human that has no voice.

Murder is the act of wrongfully killing another human being. Abortion is murder when the one being killed is human. The decision of whether it is a human life or not is not legally defined. The one making the decision is making a personal moral decision.
It is only murder if a human life is taken.

Here is my position:

There is an innocent human life in that woman that has no say over the matter.
Someone should stand up for that human that has no voice.
Thats the womans job and business. No one elses since the baby is in her body.

Murder is the act of wrongfully killing another human being. Abortion is murder when the one being killed is human. The decision of whether it is a human life or not is not legally defined. The one making the decision is making a personal moral decision.

"Murder" is very strictly defined., and the Supreme court does not define abortion as "murder". However, I am sure that more oppressive countries would deny their citizens of this freedom.

No. Murder is a legal term Nothing more. Nothing less.

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Forum List

Back