CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

What I find really stupid here is how some people are against abortion, yet they are also against using their tax monies to help support all of these unwanted children. Guess what conservatives, you will most likely be supporting all of these unwanted babies if you are going to force women to have babies against their will. Conservatives, you'd better ready to tow the line if that ever happens.

I support not abortions but pro-choice, every person in the modern overcrowded world with crazy economics should have this right. IMO

I feel the same. Personally, I wouldn't have one, but I don't think it's right to force other people to have babies against their will. Women have been having abortions since ancient times is something a lot of people might not be aware of. In ancient times, women used herbal remedies (and other more "violent" methods) to rid themselves of unwanted pregnancies.

You cannot force women to carry or deliver babies against their will. A lot of them will self abort, which is a lot more dangerous than an abortion done in a medical clinic under the care of medical doctors. We don't want to go back to the days of coat hangers and back alley abortions.

I support not abortions but pro-choice, every person in the modern overcrowded world with crazy economics should have this right. IMO
Killing off the defenseless is not a moral way of dealing with overpopulation.
Thats not what Europeans have shown in practice.
Explain how they have shown that killing the defenseless is moral.
Why would I explain something like that when you have so many famous examples?

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

Hi, Bonzi. I believe in basic freedoms accorded to all Americans, especially our right to peacefully pursue our vision for L, L, and Happiness.

Which means I believe the maternal half of our population has the right to end an unwanted pregnancy which could impair a person's pursuit of happiness.

A free person should not be shamed or made to feel guilty for enjoying our freedom, their right to L, L & H should be respected above all else, including their neighbor's personal religious views.

Another reason I support ending unwanted pregnancies is I spent much of my police career dealing with depressed, angry, frustrated, unpredictable teens and adults, many who were victims of childhood abuse and neglect at the hands of immature, irresponsible teens and young women.

Sadly, our jails and prison are populated by many people who were horrifically abused from birth.

Then I look at the NYS Foster Care Program, noticing there are over 20,000 unwanted children deprived of the real love, affection and discipline most all kids crave.

For me, after two decades of witnessing kids being emotionally abused, neglected and maltreated, ending an unwanted pregnancy is the most responsible, intelligent choice a teen or woman can make.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect
#ProtectKidsFromIrresponsibleCaregivers

Hi, Bonzi. I believe in basic freedoms accorded to all Americans, especially our right to peacefully pursue our vision for L, L, and Happiness.

Which means I believe the maternal half of our population has the right to end an unwanted pregnancy which could impair a person's pursuit of happiness.

A free person should not be shamed or made to feel guilty for enjoying our freedom, their right to L, L & H should be respected above all else, including their neighbor's personal religious views.

Another reason I support ending unwanted pregnancies is I spent much of my police career dealing with depressed, angry, frustrated, unpredictable teens and adults, many who were victims of childhood abuse and neglect at the hands of immature, irresponsible teens and young women.

Sadly, our jails and prison are populated by many people who were horrifically abused from birth.

Then I look at the NYS Foster Care Program, noticing there are over 20,000 unwanted children deprived of the real love, affection and discipline most all kids crave.

For me, after two decades of witnessing kids being emotionally abused, neglected and maltreated, ending an unwanted pregnancy is the most responsible, intelligent choice a teen or woman can make.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

I don't view children as a population that needs to be controlled because of bad parenting and/or decisions.

Being a Christian, a human life is a gift from God to be cherished.
Not to be eliminated because of a "freedom of choice", inconvenience or even because that human life may "have it bad". Legalization of abortion enables people that CAN affords kids and CAN take care of them to take the (supposedly) easy way out. I don't care what the statistics say. This should not be happening.
Just one of the stepping stones of the moral decay of this Country and society.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

I don't view children as a population that needs to be controlled because of bad parenting and/or decisions.

Not to be eliminated because of a "freedom of choice", inconvenience or even because that human life may "have it bad". Legalization of abortion enables people that CAN affords kids and CAN take care of them to take the (supposedly) easy way out. I don't care what the statistics say. This should not be happening.
I killed my sperm!!!

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

I killed my sperm!!!

I'm sure that is done with regularity..... I have no issue with that ;)

I used to be one of these Right Wingers who used to talk that kind of nonsense.

Then I realized that women are going to get abortions no matter what the law is.

Any country that has attempted to ban abortion has failed miserably.

There were just as many abortions happening before Roe v. Wade as there was after Roe v. Wade. OB/GYN just marked down something else on women's charts.

When I was in the service, I knew a gal who had two abortions. she was brought up in a strict Catholic family, had strict Asian parents who thought she was still a virgin at 22.

she "Forgot" to take her birth control pills when her boyfriend was not making good on his promises to marry her. and she thought this was a good plan a second time.

You want to reduce the number of abortions, that's fine. There are ways to do that. Comprehensive sex education, distribution of birth control, paid family and medical leave, universal health care. The Europeans do all these things and they have an abortion rate that is 40% of ours.

But we won't have that conversation. "Pro-Choice" people will scream about rape (when in fact, rape and incest abortions are less than 1/10th of 1% of all abortions performed) and "Pro-Life" people will scream about "Partial Birth" abortions and Tissue donations, (even though these late abortions are almost always medically necessary and make up less than 1% of all abortions performed.)

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

You need to remember that everyone does not follow your personal belief system.

Women have ALWAYS had abortions, since ancient times, so your comment about "moral decay of this country" doesn't really make sense.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

Women have ALWAYS had abortions, since ancient times, so your comment about "moral decay of this country" doesn't really make sense.

What I mean by "moral decay" is that it's bad enough people do these things, but not, or society "buys" into these things and legalizes them, just enabling people all the more to continue with immoral actions.

Some people don't think killing a human life in their womb is immoral.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

What I mean by "moral decay" is that it's bad enough people do these things, but not, or society "buys" into these things and legalizes them, just enabling people all the more to continue with immoral actions.

It's legalized because women are going to abort their children. Whether you think it is immoral or not is of no consequence to them.

Do you want to go back to the days of coat hangers and back alley abortions with no regulations? Because that is what will happen if abortion is banned.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

It's legalized because women are going to abort their children. Whether you think it is immoral or not is of no consequence to them.

Do you want to go back to the days of coat hangers and back alley abortions with no regulations? Because that is what will happen if abortion is banned.

No, I'd rather make it easier for them to kill their unwanted babies.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

It's not making it easier. When there is a will, there is a way. A woman who is dead set against being pregnant will terminate her pregnancy, regardless of how YOU personally feel about it. You do realize that, right?

Having it done in a medical clinic with proper equipment and sterilization and under the care of a trained physician makes it SAFER. Women used to die from back alley abortions. Yes, they were so desperate to rid themselves of the unwanted pregnancy that they would risk death.

It's not making it easier. When there is a will, there is a way. A woman who is dead set against being pregnant will terminate her pregnancy, regardless of how YOU personally feel about it. You do realize that, right?

Having it done in a medical clinic with proper equipment and sterilization and under the care of a trained physician makes it SAFER. Women used to die from back alley abortions. Yes, they were so desperate to rid themselves of the unwanted pregnancy that they would risk death.

We definitely look at it differently.
I realize a lot of things at 51 years of age. I understand what you are saying, but, just disagree.

B.

I realize a lot of things at 51 years of age. I understand what you are saying, but, just disagree.

B.

Well, one of my points is that you claim abortion is the downfall of our society. Well, it is not since abortions have been performed since ancient times.

B.

Well, one of my points is that you claim abortion is the downfall of our society. Well, it is not since abortions have been performed since ancient times.

I think it's one piece of our moral decay. Legalizing it and making it easier for people do get them.
But in and of itself, no, not the downfall of society. Just part of it.
Also, depends on what you think a "successful" society is. That can differ by person as well.....

Your judgement against my "moral decay", is a restriction of my freedom. I have no problem with your judgement of my moral decay. I have a serious problem with your imposing it on me by law.

Forum List

Back