CDZ Why do you eat pork if it is forbidden in the Bible?

There nothing in Deuteronomy about Christians at all. How could there be Christians in the Old Testament?

Christianity didn't exist when Tanach was written, neither'd Islam nor would they for over a thousand years.
Obviously, so why even mention what Christians could or couldn't do according to the Bible?
Because they're trolling and baiting.

I don't think so. There are lots of Christians who cite the
"old testament" laws as if they apply to them. It is an interesting
discussion. Christian theologians do it lots. Even muslim theologians
do it. -----sorta.
There's a danger in doing that. If you want to put yourself back under a part of the OT law after Christ completed it, you'll be held accountable to the entire law. I think a lot of Christians either are not aware of that, or don't understand what they're doing.

the "Christ completed it" or "fulfilled it" doctrine-----as practiced thru the
centuries-----has been, at best, very very fractionated already. I do not see how
it can be repaired. ---It seems to me that the catholic church did it best (of all the
Christian sects) by simply making the pope the new law giver or "determiner"-----
Muslims do it much better by simply claiming that the written law of the OT is
a fraud. ----the Koran is "the original scripture". The muslims got you beat
on the issue of internal logic. ----the cosmic loop hole is-----both the OT and the NT
are fraudulent.

Its unhealthy. I love the way bacon smells when its cooking but can only take a few bites.
Could you explain how you came to the conclusion that bacon is "unhealthy"?

I will help----probably because it is------full of saturated animal fats, cholesterol and SALT-----and even nitrates (I think---don't quote me)
Salt is not bad for you. Also saturated animal fats improve your lipid profile by raising HDL levels. Also dietary cholesterol is not bad for you.

Cholesterol-lowering drugs are bad for you. Statins can cause diabetes.

I dont know anything about statin drugs. Saturated fat is bad IF you eat too much of it.
Better to eat fish and nuts ect...
Trans fats is the nasty stuff one should never eat.

Its unhealthy. I love the way bacon smells when its cooking but can only take a few bites.

I will help----probably because it is------full of saturated animal fats, cholesterol and SALT-----and even nitrates (I think---don't quote me)
Salt is not bad for you. Also saturated animal fats improve your lipid profile by raising HDL levels. Also dietary cholesterol is not bad for you.

I dont know anything about statin drugs. Saturated fat is bad IF you eat too much of it.

I will help----a little. SATURATED FATS are those which are---most HYDROGENATED ----that is each C arbon atom got its full complement
of HYDROGEN atoms. -------Unsaturated fats have less HYDROGENATION----
animal fats are more hydrogenated than---in general---most veggie fats. ----
The more HYDROGENATED a fat---the more solid it is at a given temperature----
solid fat is useful in cooking and has a longer shelf life than Unsaturated (generally liquid) fat. In order to stabilize fats-----they are sometimes HYDROGENATED---that means hydrogen is added----that is TRANSFATS ----like Crisco.

sorry -----it's organic chemistry------a really damned annoying course I was forced
to do

I know...
I rebelled against typing it all out :badgrin:
Eat natural, stay away from processed food, be aware of food safety, eat red meat in moderation.
consume dk chocolate regularly, but neva' eat bacon wrapped anything

Got any proof to back up that assertion?

I will help----a little. SATURATED FATS are those which are---most HYDROGENATED ----that is each C arbon atom got its full complement
solid fat is useful in cooking and has a longer shelf life than Unsaturated (generally liquid) fat. In order to stabilize fats-----they are sometimes HYDROGENATED---that means hydrogen is added----that is TRANSFATS ----like Crisco.

sorry -----it's organic chemistry------a really damned annoying course I was forced
to do
Why do you keep spelling "HYDROGEN" in all caps? Is that supposed to scare us or something?

You are a clueless idiot.

to do
Why do you keep spelling "HYDROGEN" in all caps? Is that supposed to scare us or something?

In fact, moron----I did not consistently spell hydrogen with caps----I did so only when emphasizing it as THE ISSUE in saturated and unsaturated fats----you are
really dim

to do

In fact, moron----I did not consistently spell hydrogen with caps----I did so only when emphasizing it as THE ISSUE in saturated and unsaturated fats----you are
really dim
Whatever Captain CAPS, Now you are simply lying,

Tell us some more about how evil HYDROGEN is. LOL

Last edited:

to do

really dim
Whatever Captain CAPS, Now you are simply lying,

Tell us some more about how evil HYDROGEN is. LOL

what is the lie? where do I claim that HYDROGEN is evil?---how can
HYDROGEN be evil?-----it is two of the atoms out of the three that makes
water------the atom HYDROGEN is a big issue in the Organic
CHEMISTRY textbook------very big----just as big as CARBON
you moron

Try to argue with someone who is on a restrictive diet that causes brain damage.

Can you comprehend the fact that restrictive diets cause brain damage?

Try to argue with someone who is on a restrictive diet that causes brain damage.

Can you comprehend the fact that restrictive diets cause brain damage?

mo dear------not eating pork does not cause brain damage. What are you calling a
RESTRICTED DIET? -----some people are so absolutely VEGETARIAN that they do not get vitamin B12------that deficiency can cause nerve damage----is that
what you mean? ----are are you referring to folate deficiency?----niacin???

God doesn't say its ok to eat pork, Jesus said its not what goes into your mouth that makes a man, its what goes into your heart, thus declaring all foods clean.

Read it again----he was referring to the ritual washing of hands before eating---
not the food itself. He was not stupid------he just did not know about doctor Lister. His comment was a lesson on the evils of destructive SPEECH ---that which comes out of the mouth from the heart -----is not bacon and eggs-

No, it says clearly that this declared all foods clean. It's hard to misinterpret.

Mark 7:19

For it doesn't go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

Forum List

Back