CDZ Why do you eat pork if it is forbidden in the Bible?

No, it says clearly that this declared all foods clean. It's hard to misinterpret.

Mark 7:19

For it doesn't go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)
Jesus obeyed the law and completed it. When we are children in school, the school had rules that we had to obey. We were told where to be and when to be there, when we could eat, sometimes what we could eat, when we could play, even when we could go to the bathroom. When we graduated from school, the rules were still there and still in force, but they no longer applied to us. I am not a Jew attempting to live by the Law before Jesus' ultimate act of Grace, therefore I enjoy some good pulled pork.

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?
Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

In the Torah it's forbidden for Jews only.

Non-Jews? knock yourselves out with ham and bacon:)

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?
Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

Because they only adhere to a literal interpretation of the Bible when it suits them.
No.....The Old Testament stated that eating pork was an unclean practice. That was before refrigeration.

Do you want me to explain the process????

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

Because they only adhere to a literal interpretation of the Bible when it suits them.
No.....The Old Testament stated that eating pork was an unclean practice. That was before refrigeration.

I see. So then any new technology can render biblical proscriptions irrelevant. Is that right?

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

I see. So then any new technology can render biblical proscriptions irrelevant. Is that right?
No.

You must be struggling under the impression that God had guild-lines merely to be mean. He had reasons for everything he said. He was trying to help his people through life and wanted them to remain disease free. So swearing off pork at the time was wise. Adhering to such a directive after the advent of refrigeration is the ultimate in closed mindedness.

I think you should learn the difference between the Christian faith and the teachings in the Old Testament. They have something in common, but they aren't written in stone anymore. They are to be written in our hearts and meant to be a living thing. Not repetitive ceremonies that give people something to feel like they're doing God's will all the while they're sinning.

Technically, Cheeseburgers are also forbidden by Kosher law... you know that meat and dairy rule.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

No.

You must be struggling under the impression that God had guild-lines merely to be mean. He had reasons for everything he said. He was trying to help his people through life and wanted them to remain disease free. So swearing off pork at the time was wise. Adhering to such a directive after the advent of refrigeration is the ultimate in closed mindedness.

I think you should learn the difference between the Christian faith and the teachings in the Old Testament. They have something in common, but they aren't written in stone anymore. They are to be written in our hearts and meant to be a living thing. Not repetitive ceremonies that give people something to feel like they're doing God's will all the while they're sinning.
I think you've just proven something: You have no idea what Christianity or faith is.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg
Because of refrigeration! Eating pork in a desert landscape without refrigeration is a dicey proposition. Along with adding chees to a hamburger, a shrimp cocktail or planting two divergent crops side by side.

The answer is:

images

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg
Because of refrigeration! Eating pork in a desert landscape without refrigeration is a dicey proposition. Along with adding chees to a hamburger, a shrimp cocktail or planting two divergent crops side by side.

The answer is:

images
"And the Lord made refrigeration, saw all he had created, and said it was good."

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

The answer is:

images
"And the Lord made refrigeration, saw all he had created, and said it was good."
If you don't want you people to die of trichinosis by eating contaminated meat, tell them God prohibits it.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

I do not even know how to say "unclean" in Hebrew. to what word are you referring?------the words used in the OT are better translated as -----"unfit for eating" and other stuff that comes out as "unclean" in English translation are
better translated as "not suitable for use" That "unclean" thing is a vague---allusion to the idea of being ----"no good for jews" to eat or use. It actually does not suggest one would get infected from it. or die. or get sick.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

I do not even know how to say "unclean" in Hebrew. to what word are you referring?------the words used in the OT are better translated as -----"unfit for eating" and other stuff that comes out as "unclean" in English translation are
better translated as "not suitable for use" That "unclean" thing is a vague---allusion to the idea of being ----"no good for jews" to eat or use. It actually does not suggest one would get infected from it. or die. or get sick.

Well, you're wrong. It's not because of some mystical evil in pork. After all, every plant and animal was put on this Earth for our use according to Genesis.

Btw, If you can point out what exactly is unsuitable about porkcops...feel free.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

Well, you're wrong. It's not because of some mystical evil in pork. After all, every plant and animal was put on this Earth for our use according to Genesis.

Btw, If you can point out what exactly is unsuitable about porkcops...feel free.

re-read my post-------I did not make the claim you attribute to me-----I said that
the rule regarding not eating pork does NOT use a word that is close to
"unclean"-----it is a word that means-----more like "not to be used by
jews" you are being dim. I have nothing PERSONALLY against
pigs-------jews cannot eat dogs either-----or even cats and they are always
cleaning themselves. Ostriches are ok-------but not tigers. Whales are not
to be eaten -------as far as I know whale meat might be perfectly fine for
human consumption -----bear is not kosher. I have a recipe for bear-----
it shows up in the classic cookbook "the joy of cooking"

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

re-read my post-------I did not make the claim you attribute to me-----I said that

I am not being dim.

I sometimes wonder why total strangers on the internet feel that talking to others like they're retarded is acceptable behavior.

I am not being dim.

I sometimes wonder why total strangers on the internet feel that talking to others like they're retarded is acceptable behavior.

you clearly stated that I (that's me---rosie) posted that there is something
mysteriously evil about pork. I did not so post------you seem to be working
on preconceived concepts that arose in your own head. The term "retarded"
is slang-----I consider it's casual use to be EVIL. People who are afflicted
with CONGENITAL DEMENTIA-----generally do not post on messageboards.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

The answer is:

images
If you don't want you people to die of trichinosis by eating contaminated meat, tell them God prohibits it.

Trich is extremely rare in the USA and killed by conventional cooking methods------
cysticercosis is far more common-----and can be contracted without EATING it. ---
generally in mexico (that is cases seen in the USA are generally from mexico---
don't go barefoot in the pig pen.)

I am not being dim.

you clearly stated that I (that's me---rosie) posted that there is something
mysteriously evil about pork. I did not so post------you seem to be working
on preconceived concepts that arose in your own head. The term "retarded"
is slang-----I consider it's casual use to be EVIL. People who are afflicted
with CONGENITAL DEMENTIA-----generally do not post on messageboards.
Maybe if you didn't go around with your feelings constantly on your sleeve....Somebody wouldn't accidentally knock them on the ground.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

The answer is:

images

Trich is extremely rare in the USA and killed by conventional cooking methods------
cysticercosis is far more common-----and can be contracted without EATING it. ---
Clean that pig pen daily and that wouldn't be the case.

Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

The answer is:

images

Clean that pig pen daily and that wouldn't be the case.

no thanks----pigs are cute----but they are HIGHLY scented

Forum List

Back