CDZ Terrorism in the United States before 1970

I'm researching terrorism in the United states from 1850 to 1975.
What terrorist attacks took place, and what do you think the causes of those attacks were?

This site has many incidents, but may not be complete.
John Brown was a harbinger of terrorism for many of his day:
"As we celebrate the beginning of the sesquicentennial of the American Civil War, it is worthwhile to remember, and contemplate, the most important figure in the struggle against slavery immediately before the war: John Brown.

"When Brown was hanged in 1859 for his raid on Harpers Ferry, Virginia, many saw him as the harbinger of the future. For Southerners, he was the embodiment of all their fears—a white man willing to die to end slavery—and the most potent symbol yet of aggressive Northern antislavery sentiment. For many Northerners, he was a prophet of righteousness, bringing down a terrible swift sword against the immorality of slavery and the haughtiness of the Southern master class."

Prologue John Brown America s First Terrorist

For Southerners, he was the embodiment of all their fears—a white man willing to die to end slavery—and the most potent symbol yet of aggressive Northern antislavery sentiment. For many Northerners, he was a prophet of righteousness

That would suggest the argument, "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" is correct.

However, I'm trying to explore the who and why of terrorism in the US between the given dates.

For Southerners, he was the embodiment of all their fears—a white man willing to die to end slavery—and the most potent symbol yet of aggressive Northern antislavery sentiment. For many Northerners, he was a prophet of righteousness

That would suggest the argument, "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" is correct.

However, I'm trying to explore the who and why of terrorism in the US between the given dates.
it's not one group doing things for the same reasons

really dood, trying to make it seem like christians killing in the name of christ, pfft

pathetic

That is a very moronic platitude, and the only creatures who foist it upon others are the supporters of Islamist terrorism who wish to validate such by creating false equivalencies.

Terrorism has an actual meaning and those who seek to expand it in such a way that just about anything can apply do so because of a nefarious agenda and nothing more.

Forum List

Back