CDZ Why do you eat pork if it is forbidden in the Bible?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?
Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

It is not what goes INTO a person that makes them unclean, but what they produce: sin!!

Greg

Deuteronomy 14:8 said:
The pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, it is unclean for you. You shall not eat any of their flesh nor touch their carcasses.

However, regardless of what the bible says, pork is a difficult meat, more so in a hot country, and before refrigerators were invented.
You have to think 2,000 years ago when looking at the bible and, in that time, diseases such as trichiniasis were not understood.

Disregarding all religious arguments on this subject, there is plenty of science to suggest the rules of the bible should be followed.

Why I Do Not Recommend Eating Pork

Why You Should Avoid Pork - DrAxe.com

On a personal note - I used to date a young lady who lived on a pig farm, so saw the beasts rather a lot, thus I can assure poster they're disgusting animals.
We've all heard the phrase, "To eat like a pig", but few actually understand it.
The pigs would rush down their food, spilling quite a lot onto the floor, where they would eat it from when they'd finished the rest.
The fact they'd been pooping there, and the food was well mixed with pig poo, made not the slightest difference.

Read the book of Romans

The OT is filled with "blood laws", i.e. sacrificial laws.
Jesus paid the ultimate and final sacrifice. We are not bound by those laws.

Glad to help

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?
Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

Gentiles were never forbidden to eat pork (or shellfish either) that was Mosaic Law and was directed at the Jews

That is incorrect. According to the bible, all animals have been declared clean. The old testament states not to eat pork. Jesus declared it clean. That's why jews don't eat pork, they don't believe in Jesus.

Mark 7-19: For it doesn't go into their heart, but into their stomach and then out of their body.

You gotta read the WHOLE bible.

Last edited:
It is not what goes INTO a person that makes them unclean, but what they produce: sin!!

Greg

Convenient. So-called "christians" support the torture and killing of billions of animals that (they believe) their god created.

IMO, it doesn't get more "sinful" than that.

Choosing to obey parts of the bible and twist other parts to support a very non-christian agenda = Cafeteria Christians.

Like I said -- Convenient.

10401930_10152228904091275_6935764536842631515_n_zps0e522403.jpg

Because we should always take advice and direction from primitives who haven't figured out the art and science of refrigeration.

The bible declares all foods clean.

Its just that some morons are unable to read thus they can't see where Jesus declared all foods clean thus you can eat what you want.

That is incorrect. According to the bible, all animals have been declared clean. The old testament states not to eat pork. Jesus declared it clean. That's why jews don't eat pork, they don't believe in Jesus.

Mark 7-19: For it doesn't go into their heart, but into their stomach and then out of their body.

You gotta read the WHOLE bible.
They also don't eat shell fish....

It doesn't matter. ALL FOODS have been declared clean.

"For it matters not what one puts in their mouth, but what one puts in their heart."

Go enjoy your bacon and let the pig haters live in old testament. Leaves more pork chops for me.

Forum List

Back