Why do the Democrats keep saying the Republicans want to end medicare or S.S.

Still waiting to hear what the lefts plan for fixing SS and Medicare is.....................

Or is it as simple as tax more, spend more?

Because that's all I'm hearing and seeing............

No one on the left likes what the right is talking about yet they have nothing to fix anything either...

The Right's fix for Medicare is no fix at all. The Right's 'fix' simply lets the private insurance sector weasel its way in and extract profit from the whole operation.

Still waiting to hear what the lefts plan for fixing SS and Medicare is.....................

No one on the left likes what the right is talking about yet they have nothing to fix anything either...

The Right's fix for Medicare is no fix at all. The Right's 'fix' simply lets the private insurance sector weasel its way in and extract profit from the whole operation.

It's called letting people shop for services.

We can almost agree on SS.

But I thought Onbamacare was originally supposed to lower medical costs?

Obamacare is a bandaid on an out of control healthcare system. It is a way to provide insurance not a way to control costs

Just like Bush found out when he tried to pass his prescription drug plan, the lobbies are too powerful. You cant force big pharm to compete, just like you couldn't offer a government option to compete with insurance companies

The Hospitals, Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmaceutical and Insurance companies run our healthcare. If we really want to control costs, we need to go after them

Our politicians lack the balls

Not so sure about the Doctors. Some maybe. My family Doctor lives well but not extravagant. Of course he also works from 11 to 14 hours 6 days a week. (except Thursday, he only works 7 hours) And the original intent of fixing healthcare was to lower costs. It's simply that the message got lost in the power grabs and backroom deals.

Agree.

The problem with HC is the cost. There is nothing in Obamacare that addresses the cost. The costs will continue to go up.

As for seniors. I wonder how popular Medicare would be if they were allowed to only draw the money they themselves had put in??

No more hijacking the money that folks coming behind them have put into it.

It's called letting people shop for services.

If it were voluntary you might be able to call it that.

Enlighten us Carbon.

Whats the lefts fix for Medicare?? Oh wait. Its an entitlement. They won't fix it. They won't touch it. They will wait for it to go over the cliff.

Never mind.

Obamacare is a bandaid on an out of control healthcare system. It is a way to provide insurance not a way to control costs

Just like Bush found out when he tried to pass his prescription drug plan, the lobbies are too powerful. You cant force big pharm to compete, just like you couldn't offer a government option to compete with insurance companies

The Hospitals, Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmaceutical and Insurance companies run our healthcare. If we really want to control costs, we need to go after them

Not so sure about the Doctors. Some maybe. My family Doctor lives well but not extravagant. Of course he also works from 11 to 14 hours 6 days a week. (except Thursday, he only works 7 hours) And the original intent of fixing healthcare was to lower costs. It's simply that the message got lost in the power grabs and backroom deals.

Agree.

The problem with HC is the cost. There is nothing in Obamacare that addresses the cost. The costs will continue to go up.

As for seniors. I wonder how popular Medicare would be if they were allowed to only draw the money they themselves had put in??

No more hijacking the money that folks coming behind them have put into it.

Well you could just let seniors spend themselves into the poorhouse, without Medicare, or with very limited Medicare,

of course then, after the kids' inheritance is gone, granny can go on Medicaid -

which, of course, the Right is trying to get rid of too.

We can almost agree on SS.

But I thought Onbamacare was originally supposed to lower medical costs?

Not really speaking for rightwinger, per se, but he probably meant the AMA.

American Medical Association - Physicians, Medical Students & Patients (AMA)

They are pretty powerful.

Enlighten us Carbon.

Whats the lefts fix for Medicare?? Oh wait. Its an entitlement. They won't fix it. They won't touch it. They will wait for it to go over the cliff.

Never mind.

First of all, the Right can block anything the left wanted to do.

Second of all, the healthcare industry will suck the money of any system, government or private, because it has us by the you-know-whats.

You want to reform healthcare? Start by looking at countries like Sweden and France, who pay half as much as we do for healthcare, and then,

do that. Of course, we never will because the special interests here won't let us.

Yes it will be hard for the seniors using Medicare.

It will be harder for those coming behind them when it goes over the cliff.

Tell us again the lefts fix for Medicare???

Thats your fix?? Moving money from one part of the Govt to another??

Doesn't address the problems with Medicare. Doesn't address the cost.

and the dimocrats don't have a plan. they will end medicare too, drive it right over the cliff, they're just too damn dumb and dishonest to say so. I listened to them today,, all they have is tax the rich and the race card.

But they do have a plan, Willow.

Once Medicare and SS are out of money, they will (of course, in order to "protect you") come after your 401k, then after they run it over the cliff come after your savings, probably tax your bank transactions, etc. Oh yeah, they do have a plan.

Attached is the ten page CBO summary of the Boehner plan. Dollar to dollar there is very little difference in between the Reid and Boehner plans.

Boehner plans takes immediate hits with discretionary caps limiting the Entitlement program fundings and allowing increased caps to begin in the year 2017.

Pages 3 & 4 summize the analysis of the SS, Medicare and Mediaid potential cuts.

If there is very little difference, then why is a problem to vote for Boehner plan?

Yes it will be hard for the seniors using Medicare.

It will be harder for those coming behind them when it goes over the cliff.

Tell us again the lefts fix for Medicare???

Reduce the size of the military by 1/2 for starters.

1/2 is a little extreme

However, we do need to look at the current mission of the US Military both at home and abroad. We do not need to maintain a military budget that is larger than the next ten nations combined

The threat to the US is not there. We were supposed to see a post Cold War savings in our Military Budget. That has been eroded

Lets start by getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan

This is totally a false statement. In Ryans plan he wants it reformed so we have something for us and our children. Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above. If something is not done there would be nothing left for us. I know our family is preparing for this. Savings, 401Ks , husband military retirement ect .. We are not going to prepare for us to get social security because their is a lot of doubt that we will even receive it and the way Obama is going that doubt is becoming reality :eusa_whistle:
It is a scare tactic to get votes, nothing more. We all know the dimwits lie, just another example.

Republicans are against those who work hard their whole lives without collecting unemployment, welfare, etc by barely scraping by. I wont mention those who are out of a job and the GOP outlook on those people. They have shown a disdain for that group of people by exclaiming such garbage as "you had a chance" or "live the american dream" which are both a crock of you know what.
In the end, If they didnt support the rich fat cats so voraciously I might actually support them.
Keep drinking that koolaid. The dimwits are the ones that are against the hard working Americans, it is just that they lie and twist the truth to make you believe otherwise.

Forum List

Back