Why Do Some Religions Blow Up Other Religions So Much?

Yet, you claimed the poster you were responding to made the first generalization of the thread. He didn't. The OP claimed all Muslims are suicide bombers in waiting.

Yet, you claimed the poster you were responding to made the first generalization of the thread. He didn't. The OP claimed all Muslims are suicide bombers in waiting.
No he didn't. That's something you inferred.

Fact: In today's world, the only suicide bombers are Muslims.

That does not imply in the least that ALL Muslims are suicide bombers.

He want's to understand what elements of that religion fosters such actions. It is reasonable to assume that part of the act is motivated by relgious ideals based on their farewell messages.

I see nothing wrong with discussing religions. I see nothing wrong with getting a better understanding. The defensiveness is non-constructive.

Read the title of the thread. It doesn't say "Why do suicide bombers feel inspired by their religion to blow stuff up?". It states that the religion is the source of the violence, and the logical implication of that is that any pious member of that faith is just a bomber in waiting.

Read the title of the thread. It doesn't say "Why do suicide bombers feel inspired by their religion to blow stuff up?". It states that the religion is the source of the violence, and the logical implication of that is that any pious member of that faith is just a bomber in waiting.
First of all, the source of any implication is the one writing. The source of any inference is the receiver of those words. You inferred.

And, there is nothing AT ALL logical about your assumption. Review set theory.

Now, pay attention. And it IS the source for some of the Muslim terrorists. Look at some of the farewell videos and statements - they themselves state as much. He is trying to understand that.

I am all for discussions furthering understanding.

Last edited:
Why Do Some Religions Blow Up Other Religions So Much?

Because the only good religious person is a dead religious person, just look at jesus.

Forum List

Back