why do soldiers even fight on orders of politicians?

No one argued that so try again.

Yes, they have; maybe Gipper's mom has room enough under her bed for you, and you two can race to see who licks the first boots you see, being all 'anti-war n stuff'. Maybe you can beat the Republican Jane Fonda fetishists to being the pets of the new leaders first.

Yes, they have; maybe Gipper's mom has room enough under her bed for you, and you two can race to see who licks the first boots you see, being all 'anti-war n stuff'. Maybe you can beat the Republican Jane Fonda fetishists to being the pets of the new leaders first.

As I can see, you have no desire to discuss the actual topic.

Not surprising.

As we can see, you never have anything but slogans to parrot, no specifics.

I gave a specific. Mohammed Ali said "No" because no one in Vietnam had ever done a thing to him.

He was right. We lost all those lives of those who wouldn't say no.

No, you do not go to Leavenworth, they have Correctional Camp Facilities to deal with yer ass or Article 15s...
Nah, the OP is talking about disobeying orders in wartime situations. If you disobey an order under THOSE circumstances, you are technically eligible for execution. You are definitely going to Leavenworth at a minimum.

Meaning they arent smart like you, huh?

Libs have all the answers, at least in their own minds
You can always spot a civilian trying to act like he knows how things work in the military. The one thing the movies never portray is how professional day to day operations are, despite the fact that so many of its members are 18-22 years old. These kids do their job because they know what happens if they dont.

It is more than possible that in a future United States, there may be many disaffected young men that refuse to enter the armed forces.
Where will we ever find enough new recruits that will not question orders, or refuse to fire on Americans that do? Hmmmmm

migro.jpeg

the answer is not as trivial or obvious as it might seem.

i mean, politicians are addicted to attention, fancy suits and drives, plus powerhungry and (generally speaking) corrupt.

Because that's the oath they swore... I'm not sure if you would understand the concept even if you explained to you.

Some people like the opportunity to kill

Some people like doing a job that doesn't require much in the way of thinking

Some people like the pension and benefits

Most people are brainless and think they're fighting "for their country"

Actually, most of us did it because we believed in something greater than ourselves, but I doubt you'd understand the concept.

I doubt you'd have last ten minutes doing the job I did in the Army.

More American people died in drunk driving accidents every year then than Americans killed in Viet Nam the entire time we were there.

you don't know shit, same as most parrots.

Well then, it was all OK to waste their lives for nothing I suppose. People have continued to die ever since the war over what happened to them there.

But yeah, it's all good I suppose.

I gave a specific. Mohammed Ali said "No" because no one in Vietnam had ever done a thing to him.

He was right. We lost all those lives of those who wouldn't say no.

Here's the thing, he was protesting a draft. Today's military is all-volunteer, and has been for the last 50 years. Anyone who signs up now knows what the deal is.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I said that oath in 1981, and two more times after that when I re-enlisted.

the answer is not as trivial or obvious as it might seem.

i mean, politicians are addicted to attention, fancy suits and drives, plus powerhungry and (generally speaking) corrupt.
The short answer to your question; is to prevent our nation from turning into a military dictatorship. In theory "We The People" choose our politicians, and our politician decide where to deploy our military. That's a bit oversimplified; but that's the general idea...

Well then, it was all OK to waste their lives for nothing I suppose. People have continued to die ever since the war over what happened to them there.

But yeah, it's all good I suppose.

I'm slightly deaf in my right ear from my military service, and I have pins in my feet that bother me when it gets cold.

And I would endure 100X worse for this country.

Most people who've served in the military will tell you it was a positive experience. It most certainly was for me, it gave me more discipline and work values I've carried into the civilian world.

Here's the thing, he was protesting a draft. Today's military is all-volunteer, and has been for the last 50 years. Anyone who signs up now knows what the deal is.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I said that oath in 1981, and two more times after that when I re-enlisted.

He was still right. He was going to be asked to go kill people who did absolutely nothing to him for no good reason.

I'm slightly deaf in my right ear from my military service, and I have pins in my feet that bother me when it gets cold.

And I would endure 100X worse for this country.

We are discussing things that have nothing to do with this country. No one in Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, etc ever did thing to us.

Most people who've served in the military will tell you it was a positive experience. It most certainly was for me, it gave me more discipline and work values I've carried into the civilian world.

It can be a positive experience for many.

Nah, the OP is talking about disobeying orders in wartime situations. If you disobey an order under THOSE circumstances, you are technically eligible for execution. You are definitely going to Leavenworth at a minimum.
They don't execute soldiers and have not since WWII and after that one they will never do it again.

Forum List

Back