why do soldiers even fight on orders of politicians?

the answer is not as trivial or obvious as it might seem.

i mean, politicians are addicted to attention, fancy suits and drives, plus powerhungry and (generally speaking) corrupt.
They arent following a politicians orders. They are following the order of someone with a very low rank (most of the time). You follow the order because they send you to Leavenworth (aka military prison) if you dont. The military is not ambiguous when it comes to the threat of Leavenworth. Its the core terror that they brainwash you with in bootcamp. That threat NEVER loses its power, even long after you are out of bootcamp.

One simply does not disobey any order unless it is obviously unlawful, such as "shoot that baby in the face", but any order that falls into a gray area is going to be followed. I promise you it will. You follow ALL orders in the military.

Last edited:

why do soldiers even fight on orders of politicians?​

They don’t choose their orders

Apparently they do.
If you disobey an order as a soldier, you get sent to Ft. Leavenworth, plain and simple. That is, unless you are Joint Chief General Milley, then you get to not only disobey your CIC, but phone in his decisions to the enemy with the promise to warn them if any big decisions come down.​

Apparently they do.
If you disobey an order as a soldier, you get sent to Ft. Leavenworth, plain and simple. That is, unless you are Joint Chief General Milley, then you get to not only disobey your CIC, but phone in his decisions to the enemy with the promise to warn them if any big decisions come down.​
No, you do not go to Leavenworth, they have Correctional Camp Facilities to deal with yer ass or Article 15s...

This is why some people fight to keep large groups of people poor. If you are well off you aren't going to go off and risk your life for some stupid cause.

I'll never understand why people don't target those who send others off to die as opposed to someone on the "other side" that never did a thing to you.

Mohammed Ali had it right. The people in Vietnam that the government wanted him to go fight had never done a thing to him.

There were people protesting Bush but then along came Obama and that all stopped.

This is why some people fight to keep large groups of people poor. If you are well off you aren't going to go off and risk your life for some stupid cause.

I'll never understand why people don't target those who send others off to die as opposed to someone on the "other side" that never did a thing to you.
because they're easily replaced, with a very angry population and rich elite backing them.

Mohammed Ali had it right. The people in Vietnam that the government wanted him to go fight had never done a thing to him.
i don't know the reason for Vietnam happening in the first place, nor the hidden reasons behind it.

There were people protesting Bush but then along came Obama and that all stopped.
how?

i mean, politicians are addicted to attention, fancy suits and drives, plus powerhungry and (generally speaking) corrupt.
chain of command

a soldier fights on orders from his sergeant. only. any competent commanding general (or commander in chief) will , since he supports the chain of command, always use it.

if my orders are to check every id no general or president is getting past without an id.

It definitely is not trivial.

It is more than possible that in a future United States, there may be many disaffected young men that refuse to enter the armed forces.

Right now, all males who are citizens are required to register at 18 years of age so that they can be drafted if need be. It would be interesting to know the current rate of compliance.

Some people like the opportunity to kill

Some people like doing a job that doesn't require much in the way of thinking

Some people like the pension and benefits

Most people are brainless and think they're fighting "for their country"

Young men follow the social pressures to join the death cult that all armies are. Sons are raised learning to submit to force and, thus, seek to use force themselves. We do not educate children to be all they can, we format them to be all society needs them to be.

We have armies to protect ourselves from other peoples' bandit gangs and armies. If you think you can get by without one, feel free to move somewhere where you don't have one and are at the mercies of other peoples' armies. Get back to us on how that works out for you. Many of you seem ready to work for the glory of Red China's Cadre now.

We have armies to protect ourselves from other peoples' bandit gangs and armies. If you think you can get by without one, feel free to move somewhere where you don't have one and are at the mercies of other peoples' armies

No one argued that so try again.

Forum List

Back