Why Do So Many White Americans Practically Hate Malcolm X?

We won't organize any black man to be a Democrat or a Republican because both of them have sold us out. Both of them have sold us out; both parties have sold us out. Both parties are racist, and the Democratic Party is more racist than the Republican Party.

Malcolm X

Most white people, far from hating Malcolm X, would more likely say, Malcolm who? Aside from him proclaiming Obama to be the Messiah, most don't really care who he is.
What are you talking about?

Brother Minister Malcolm X was assassinated in cold blood in 1965 by some government implants.

Reminds me a personal anecdote. In 1991, I was in a pub in Seoul South Korea having a lovely conversation with an African American flight attendant from United. Ultimately, I felt we were doing well and the conversation turned to Malcolm X. The girl, said...

"Malcolm X was all about violence until he traveled to India to meet with Gandhi."

At that point, my desire to chat the girl up was overcome by my desire to put the record straight, so I informed her that Malcolm X was 23-years-old and in prison when Gandhi was assassinated. They never met.

She wouldn't talk to me after that. Damn it! Never mix politics and flirtation.
Sounds like she didnt know that Gandhi was a racist as well.

Most of those to whom we look up to for wisdom and guidance are flawed in some way or another. It's part of the human condition.

I hope most people will take the good and dismiss the bad as a was of salvaging what we can from human failures.
Thats a good way of looking at it but I draw the line when someone professes a hatred of my race. He was equally racist towards his fellow darker Indians as well.

So, in a nutshell, you sum up all the very reasons you deny why cops single you out and people shun you. Thanks for at least admitting as much. BTW, wasn't Malcolm X eventually shot and killed for his constant spewing of race hatred?
Cite the "race hatred" that Brother Minister Malcolm X spewed.
  1. a man who indicted white America in the harshest terms
  2. he went to prison for larceny and breaking and entering
  3. he later wrote, Little was the name that "the white slavemaster ... had imposed upon [his] paternal forebears"
  4. promoted black supremacy, advocated the separation of black and white Americans, and rejected the civil rights movement for its emphasis on integration
until he finally came to his senses and disavowed the nation of Islam and other tools of racism and racial hatred. Too late for him. He eventually got the right idea that people are more alike for what they share in common, rather than the pinheaded notions like fools like Aciapias who live in polarity seeking to divide himself from others for any superficiality he can find different.

Well, he was right when he said that ''Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.” That's the true libertarian perspective.That, to me, says that he knew who the real enemy of Individual liberty was/is.

Of course, I would have opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, had I been a congressman back then. I wouldn't have opposed getting rid of the Jim Crowe laws, but I would have opposed it for the property rights aspect of it. If people wanted to put signs on their doors, fine, it's their right, or it was, but in time they'd have been put out of business anyway.

Most white people, far from hating Malcolm X, would more likely say, Malcolm who? Aside from him proclaiming Obama to be the Messiah, most don't really care who he is.
What are you talking about?

Brother Minister Malcolm X was assassinated in cold blood in 1965 by some government implants.

Reminds me a personal anecdote. In 1991, I was in a pub in Seoul South Korea having a lovely conversation with an African American flight attendant from United. Ultimately, I felt we were doing well and the conversation turned to Malcolm X. The girl, said...

"Malcolm X was all about violence until he traveled to India to meet with Gandhi."

At that point, my desire to chat the girl up was overcome by my desire to put the record straight, so I informed her that Malcolm X was 23-years-old and in prison when Gandhi was assassinated. They never met.

She wouldn't talk to me after that. Damn it! Never mix politics and flirtation.
Sounds like she didnt know that Gandhi was a racist as well.

Most of those to whom we look up to for wisdom and guidance are flawed in some way or another. It's part of the human condition.

I hope most people will take the good and dismiss the bad as a was of salvaging what we can from human failures.
Thats a good way of looking at it but I draw the line when someone professes a hatred of my race. He was equally racist towards his fellow darker Indians as well.

The views of Gandhi towards Black people never really changed over time. As a young lawyer in South Africa fighting for recognition of Indian rights, he threw black South Africans under the proverbial bus. Forty-year-later, he advised Indians in South Africa not to make common-cause with Blacks fighting for freedom in that country.

Despite his despicable attitude towards other peoples' suffering, it didn't stop Doctor King from adopting Gandhi's strategies and philosophies in the fight for Black equality in America.

Even a terrible person can have a good idea that can be salvaged. I'll bet Hitler had a recipe for three-bean-salad that was to die for.

Last edited:
I don't hate him, I simply disagree with his approach... at least what I know about it. I can't stand racism, but you do not fight hate with more hate. That just creates more animosity, division, etc. I agree with what MLK said… You have to fight hate with love. That is the biblical (true) way, and the only way that actually works.

It's a shame that so many here agree with the negative, divisive (and in most cases, racist) approach. That is why the ugly cycle of racism and hate continues. It will never end if you adhere to that wrong approach.
Cite some examples of Brother Minister Malcolm X expressing hate.
For one thing, he uses language that racists or collectivists use, instead of viewing people as individuals, viewing them solely as members of a group. "White men this" "white men that". Also, in most of the quotes I have seen of his, I can tangibly feel his bitterness, anger, and "us against them" attitude in regard to whites. Even if it is not explicitly stated in his words. If that was in reverse, you would call it racism, or at the very least bigotry.

he later wrote, Little was the name that "the white slavemaster ... had imposed upon [his] paternal forebears"

That is true. It wasn't a name his family chose for themselves.

He also said,

"I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment."

I can't think of a more libertarian sentiment than that. It could have been penned by Ms. Rand herself.

I don't hate him, I simply disagree with his approach... at least what I know about it. I can't stand racism, but you do not fight hate with more hate. That just creates more animosity, division, etc. I agree with what MLK said… You have to fight hate with love. That is the biblical (true) way, and the only way that actually works.

It's a shame that so many here agree with the negative, divisive (and in most cases, racist) approach. That is why the ugly cycle of racism and hate continues. It will never end if you adhere to that wrong approach.
Cite some examples of Brother Minister Malcolm X expressing hate.
For one thing, he uses language that racists or collectivists use, instead of viewing people as individuals, viewing them solely as members of a group. "White men this" "white men that". Also, in most of the quotes I have seen of his, I can tangibly feel his bitterness, anger, and "us against them" attitude in regard to whites. Even if it is not explicitly stated in his words. If that was in reverse, you would call it racism, or at the very least bigotry.
I can't think of a more libertarian sentiment than that. It could have been penned by Ms. Rand herself.

She contributed tremendously, but she didn't really like libertarians.

She didn't like Libertarians ... the political party.

Because, ultimately, Objectivism and party politics are incompatible.

he later wrote, Little was the name that "the white slavemaster ... had imposed upon [his] paternal forebears"

He also said,

"I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment."

Its a great thought on the surface of it all, just don't examine it too closely, now if only more followers of Malcolm and MLK Jr. actually believed and practiced it too. Or maybe they do. When you believe no one but other blacks want brotherhood with you, when you believe no one but other blacks treat you right, then its real easy to say you believe in brotherhood of all men, that you believe in treating people right, all the while rationalizing alienation and hatred of millions and the mistreatment and contempt of many. You either believe in true brotherhood and fairness to all or you don't. Adding conditions is just a bullshit excuse.

What is it that he did that brings out the hatred of white people so?

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't steal from anyone, he didn't commit any crimes, in his life that he's known for as a Minister and thought-leader of his time.

All he did was speak the raw, unadulterated and unfiltered truth about the state of affairs in this country.

I suppose that's why so many whites couldn't stand him.

The truth shouldn't be an offense.

"What is it that he did that brought out the best of white people so?" Edit.

He also said,

Its a great thought on the surface of it all, just don't examine it too closely, now if only more followers of Malcolm and MLK Jr. actually believed and practiced it too. Or maybe they do. When you believe no one but other blacks want brotherhood with you, when you believe no one but other blacks treat you right, then its real easy to say you believe in brotherhood of all men, that you believe in treating people right, all the while rationalizing alienation and hatred of millions and the mistreatment and contempt of many. You either believe in true brotherhood and fairness to all or you don't. Adding conditions is just a bullshit excuse.

Like Howard Roarke, I don't let what others think about me affect what I think about myself or others. I will respect someone until they give me a reason to not. I will be friends with a someone if it is to the mutual advantage of both of us.

Brotherhood can be a starting point for every human relationship. But, how that relationship evolves is clearly up to the individuals involved. Hating or loving anyone because of their identity is just lazy. It requires not intellect or thought.

The irony of Atlas was all of the reviewers tore her up. She sold millions of them just off word of mouth alone.

I agree about the party.

The irony of Atlas was all of the reviewers tore her up. She sold millions of them just off word of mouth alone.

I agree about the party.

While I agree with the philosophies of Ms Rand. I'm going to be brutally honest and say she was a terrible writer. She's long-winded and repetitive. Galt's speech in 'Atlas Shrugged' is 60-pages long and could be summed up in a paragraph. He story lines lack any suspense. Her characters are one-dimensional. She writes sex-scenes that are borderline felonious.

Ms. Rand could have made a much bigger impact in this world if she had allowed herself to be ghost-written.

Yeah, I know. I'm one of those who listened to him in person. It was 1962 IIRC and it was one of the most powerful speeches I have ever heard, so don't even begin to presume to tell me what I can and can't interpret from what he said you arrogant prick.

Dang. Old timer, huh. Resectfully speaking.

We don't really hear too many first hand accounts these days.

Yeah, I know. I'm one of those who listened to him in person. It was 1962 IIRC and it was one of the most powerful speeches I have ever heard, so don't even begin to presume to tell me what I can and can't interpret from what he said you arrogant prick.

Dang. Old timer, huh. Resectfully speaking.

We don't really hear too many first hand accounts these days.

Yup. Old enough to know better now.

What is it that he did that brings out the hatred of white people so?

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't steal from anyone, he didn't commit any crimes, in his life that he's known for as a Minister and thought-leader of his time.

All he did was speak the raw, unadulterated and unfiltered truth about the state of affairs in this country.

I suppose that's why so many whites couldn't stand him.

The truth shouldn't be an offense.

I think most hated (those people are now mostly dead) because they didn't understand his message. The problem is, neither do most of the blacks. Personally, I think he was one of the most extraordinary people of his generation. A true tragedy when he was murdered.

Please stop thinking you can tell us what we know. Most blacks understand what Malcolm stood for fully. We know exactly what he stood for, we don't make shit up to make X into some hybrid white conservative lie. A lot of people are alive who heard Malcolm X and his speeches can be heard on YouTube so your excuse of people being mostly dead when the information is available and people still hate him just doesn't cut t.

I can, did and will. You are telling me, a black mam who was alive during the time and heard X speak, that blacks don't understand him coming from your white mans point of view. That's arrogance pal. So yes, I can say what I did.

No, I am saying that I, a white man who listened to him speak in Los Angeles, has every bit as much "right" to speak about him as you do.

What I said was:

"Please stop thinking you can tell us what we know. "

Not that you had no right to speak about him. Learn how to read.

[You're gonna have to provide some examples of this hate you say was coming from Brother Minister Malcolm X.

This OP was years coming, you're gonna have to back that stuff up.

Brother? I didn't realize the two of you were related.

I have read his interview with playboy from the early sixties. It is pure ethnic hatred which is probably what attracts you to him.

So, in a nutshell, you sum up all the very reasons you deny why cops single you out and people shun you. Thanks for at least admitting as much. BTW, wasn't Malcolm X eventually shot and killed for his constant spewing of race hatred?
Cite the "race hatred" that Brother Minister Malcolm X spewed.
  1. a man who indicted white America in the harshest terms
  2. he went to prison for larceny and breaking and entering
  3. he later wrote, Little was the name that "the white slavemaster ... had imposed upon [his] paternal forebears"
  4. promoted black supremacy, advocated the separation of black and white Americans, and rejected the civil rights movement for its emphasis on integration
until he finally came to his senses and disavowed the nation of Islam and other tools of racism and racial hatred. Too late for him. He eventually got the right idea that people are more alike for what they share in common, rather than the pinheaded notions like fools like Aciapias who live in polarity seeking to divide himself from others for any superficiality he can find different.

He rightfully indicted white America. He was right that Little was the name of a slave master that owned his family members. He promoted equality. He never did reject black nationalism. He formed an organization called the Organization of Afro American Unity to promote his goals of black control of their communities.

Forum List

Back