Why Do So Many White Americans Practically Hate Malcolm X?

I didn't like him because he was a hateful, antisemitic piece of shit.

As a black man, you embrace his ethic hatred because you never actually learned the lesson of racism.

all you have done is replicate it with different targets.
You're gonna have to provide some examples of this hate you say was coming from Brother Minister Malcolm X.

This OP was years coming, you're gonna have to back that stuff up.

Sorry to break it to you, Marc...but most whites don't know anything about MalcomX and don't care...
That's not what my 9 years on THIS very forum has taught me.

I can't count how many times white USMB posters referred to my Avatar as a hateful person, and/or in some disparaging way.

Try another tactic.

What is it that he did that brings out the hatred of white people so?

I enjoyed his autobiography. I'm sad he was killed by an NOI power struggle. Many of his principles, such as abstinence from premarital sex and alcohol, self-reliance of the black community, and cultural pride were positive things that if widely adopted would have had, in my opinion, a very constructive influence on race relations in this country.

But, most of all, he gave Denzel Washington one of his greatest roles.

171119-williams-malcolm-x-hero_w9ihhz

Most white people, far from hating Malcolm X, would more likely say, Malcolm who? Aside from him proclaiming Obama to be the Messiah, most don't really care who he is.
What are you talking about?

Brother Minister Malcolm X was assassinated in cold blood in 1965 by some government implants.

I enjoyed his autobiography. I'm sad he was killed by an NOI power struggle. Many of his principles, such as abstinence from premarital sex and alcohol, self-reliance of the black community, and cultural pride were positive things that if widely adopted would have had, in my opinion, a very constructive influence on race relations in this country.

This is the only movie I cry about every time it comes to that death scene.

I cry when I read the book too, and I've seen the movie and read the book multiple times.

Denzel embodied Malcolm X. He should have gotten 3 Oscars for that role.

Brother Malcolm understood the fear, flight, fight response. He understood that if Blacks posed a threat to whites they would no longer feel they could just beat us down. Whites would have to take some casualties. Once that dynamic was introduced whites were never the same. Whites have an especially strong reaction to fear. It freezes them Whites hate Malcolm for bringing this mentality and bringing an end to passive resistance.
I think you nailed it.

I don't hate him, I simply disagree with his approach... at least what I know about it. I can't stand racism, but you do not fight hate with more hate. That just creates more animosity, division, etc. I agree with what MLK said… You have to fight hate with love. That is the biblical (true) way, and the only way that actually works.

It's a shame that so many here agree with the negative, divisive (and in most cases, racist) approach. That is why the ugly cycle of racism and hate continues. It will never end if you adhere to that wrong approach.

I don't hate him, I simply disagree with his approach... at least what I know about it. I can't stand racism, but you do not fight hate with more hate. That just creates more animosity, division, etc. I agree with what MLK said… You have to fight hate with love. That is the biblical (true) way, and the only way that actually works.

It's a shame that so many here agree with the negative, divisive (and in most cases, racist) approach. That is why the ugly cycle of racism and hate continues. It will never end if you adhere to that wrong approach.
Cite some examples of Brother Minister Malcolm X expressing hate.

This is the only movie I cry about every time it comes to that death scene.

I cry when I read the book too, and I've seen the movie and read the book multiple times.

Denzel embodied Malcolm X. He should have gotten 3 Oscars for that role.

Martin Luther King and Malcolm X took two, very different, approaches to the improvement of the situation of Blacks in America. I feel that Pastor King felt it was a struggle that Blacks and White equally shared responsibility. While Brother Malcolm, felt that Blacks in America had to become more self-sufficient before a real breakthrough in race relations could be achieved.

This difference is often portrayed as opposite goals. I believe, ultimately, their goal was the same.

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't steal from anyone, he didn't commit any crimes, in his life that he's known for as a Minister and thought-leader of his time.

All he did was speak the raw, unadulterated and unfiltered truth about the state of affairs in this country.

I suppose that's why so many whites couldn't stand him.

The truth shouldn't be an offense.
He was black
He was Muslim
Whites feared him

He was black
He was Muslim
Whites feared him
But the hatred is still palpable today, even by whites who weren't alive at the time.

Note: The hatred is never, ever, ever directed to the hateful anti-black climate Malcolm X was born into and endured in this country. But even those who think they are cool whites, say HIS approach was wrong, never the other way around.

Why is that?

He was black
He was Muslim
Whites feared him
But the hatred is still palpable today, even by whites who weren't alive at the time.

Note: The hatred is never, ever, ever directed to the hateful anti-black climate Malcolm X was born into and endured in this country. But even those who think they are cool whites, say HIS approach was wrong, never the other way around.

Why is that?
Whites hated MLK up till he was assassinated

They spread all kind of hateful rumors about him....still do

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't steal from anyone, he didn't commit any crimes, in his life that he's known for as a Minister and thought-leader of his time.

All he did was speak the raw, unadulterated and unfiltered truth about the state of affairs in this country.

Why do you hate conservatives?

Can't compare conservatives to X. Conservatives don't speak truth. Try answering the question.

Can't compare conservatives to X. Conservatives don't speak truth. Try answering the question.

I consider myself very conservative and very truthful -- except to someone I'm dating.

I didn't like him because he was a hateful, antisemitic piece of shit.

As a black man, you embrace his ethic hatred because you never actually learned the lesson of racism.

all you have done is replicate it with different targets.

You know nothing abut X f that's your reason for not liking him. That's what whites have done.

I consider myself very conservative and very truthful -- except to someone I'm dating.

What you consider yourself as and reality are not the same thing. What conservatives like you guys here believe are a bunch of lies.

What you consider yourself as and reality are not the same thing. What conservatives like you guys here believe are a bunch of lies.

Please tell me what I believe that is based on a lie?

I think most hated (those people are now mostly dead) because they didn't understand his message. The problem is, neither do most of the blacks. Personally, I think he was one of the most extraordinary people of his generation. A true tragedy when he was murdered.

Forum List

Back