Why do so many atheist scientists believe in aliens when there's no proof for them either?

It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

There is, in fact, more proof of God than there are of aliens.

Because there's NO PROOF of aliens.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

The Bible isn't proof that God exists.

Humans are proof that life can exist on planets, and with the number of planets out there, the chances that there is life on at least one of them is actually quite high.

Study claims there is a 'substantial probability' there is not intelligent life elsewhere | Daily Mail Online

Not only did you source the Daily Mail, but you have a study from humans, almost certainly humans who have never left this planet, and definitely humans who haven't left the pull of our own planet.

Also, it appears to be a statistical based view, rather than anything else. Still, it makes no difference, we don't know what's out there. We can make shit up, but we still don't have the fainted idea.

by aliens they mean life as we know it---which [ hahahaha ] is real/proven/etc
where as god has not been proven

Study claims there is a 'substantial probability' there is not intelligent life elsewhere | Daily Mail Online

"the researchers write that there is 'a substantial probability of there being no other intelligent life in our observable universe".

does it really make any sense that they are only looking for intelligent life as opposed to a world teeming with boundless stupid life as being not worth their while ... I wonder if people like bond with only their 4th century book as their guide and motivation should be considering what is or is not intelligent. or be allowed any standings of responsibility.

It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

Humans are proof that life can exist on planets, and with the number of planets out there, the chances that there is life on at least one of them is actually quite high.

Not only did you source the Daily Mail, but you have a study from humans, almost certainly humans who have never left this planet, and definitely humans who haven't left the pull of our own planet.

Also, it appears to be a statistical based view, rather than anything else. Still, it makes no difference, we don't know what's out there. We can make shit up, but we still don't have the fainted idea.

There's a logical fallacy in there somewhere; what difference does it make that it's an article from the Daily Mail written by humans? Why don't you tell me what's wrong with it? Because you can't, because you, being human, don't know, either.

The point is, using the atheist line of reasoning, there is no proof, therefore there is no life elsewhere.

NONE.

NADA.

Who are "atheist scientists"?

Moreover, there are millions of miles in our universe alone.

"the researchers write that there is 'a substantial probability of there being no other intelligent life in our observable universe".

does it really make any sense that they are only looking for intelligent life as opposed to a world teeming with boundless stupid life as being not worth their while ... I wonder if people like bond with only their 4th century book as their guide and motivation should be considering what is or is not intelligent. or be allowed any standings of responsibility.

It makes a lot of sense in the context of this thread. When asked why I believe there is a God, I usually say it's because I exist. You say that's no proof of God. Okay, show me another place in the universe where life just like us sprang into existence.

I'll explain further: the OP is saying that your view of "logic and reason" is nothing more than faith, you're just picking your poison.

NONE.

NADA.

Atheists who think they are scientists.

It makes a lot of sense in the context of this thread. When asked why I believe there is a God, I usually say it's because I exist. You say that's no proof of God. Okay, show me another place in the universe where life just like us sprang into existence.

I'll explain further: the OP is saying that your view of "logic and reason" is nothing more than faith, you're just picking your poison.
You say that's no proof of God. Okay, show me another place in the universe where life just like us sprang into existence.

we seem to agree life on Earth is not native but began when environmental conditions became conducive for its development -

like us sprang into existence ...

because life on Earth did not begin as a composite being but through evolutionary stages many millions of years before the first cell that would indicate a discrepancy in itself with the concepts of the desert religions ... one that should be refined and not ignored.

my point also was mankind was not first, the dinosaurs and earlier life forms predated mankind by 100's of million years, so what is intelligence when finding life elsewhere that has not yet evolved in the direction you are looking for does not preclude its "possibility" irregardless its actual existence.

NONE.

NADA.

There's a logical fallacy in there somewhere; what difference does it make that it's an article from the Daily Mail written by humans? Why don't you tell me what's wrong with it? Because you can't, because you, being human, don't know, either.

The point is, using the atheist line of reasoning, there is no proof, therefore there is no life elsewhere.

The points being that:

A) The Daily Mail is full of crap
B) The people writing it are not experts in extraterrestrial planets and whether there's life on them or not. They're humans and they don't know any more than anyone else on this planet about whether there's life on those planets or not.

I'm not an atheist. Are you?

So why would we be going for the atheist "line of reasoning" as you put it?

The only logic here is that we don't know about most planets in the universe. Hell we hardly know most of them in our own galaxy, hell, there might even be a planet we can't see in our own solar system.

So how would we know whether there is life out there or not?

By picking and choosing "logic" that suits our argument?

NONE.

NADA.

The points being that:

A) The Daily Mail is full of crap
B) The people writing it are not experts in extraterrestrial planets and whether there's life on them or not. They're humans and they don't know any more than anyone else on this planet about whether there's life on those planets or not.

I'm not an atheist. Are you?

So why would we be going for the atheist "line of reasoning" as you put it?

The only logic here is that we don't know about most planets in the universe. Hell we hardly know most of them in our own galaxy, hell, there might even be a planet we can't see in our own solar system.

So how would we know whether there is life out there or not?

By picking and choosing "logic" that suits our argument?

Dude, first off, I am not impressed by arguments on message boards stating that this paper or that entity are "full of crap", because from my experience 98% of the people on message boards are full of crap themselves. And that pretty much says it all.

I am not going for the atheist argument, I am agreeing with the OP's sentiments.

LOL it just went over your head. Of course, the evos are looking for intelligent life due to evolution of 13.8 billion years old...Even on other planets a microbe becomes an intelligent being or intelligent alien. Thus, where are they from Fermi.

To the contrary, the evos have finally admitted that intelligent life is rare and the creation scientists were right. Just look at the evos who post here in the S & T section. There's not much intelligence nor science there.

NONE.

NADA.

Creation scientists theorize there are no aliens out there because God didn't make any. This is true. No observable evidence even though many probes have been sent.

Current probes (click on link within for past probes)
List of active Solar System probes - Wikipedia

We also have SETI who's been trying to make contact for years. They've been downgraded to the point of having to get private donations (Yuri Milner's breakthrough initiatives). There is Fermi's paradox. Finally, the fine-tuning facts make the strongest argument, so much so that atheist scientists are seriously proposing multiverses. Aliens and multiverses would fall under faith-based science or religion in my book.

NONE.

NADA.

Atheist scientists are today's secular scientists. If you believe in God, the supernatural or the Bible as science, then you are systematically eliminated from secular peer reviews and having your papers published in Nature and Science. You can also lose your job. This isn't the way I learned science. Today, evolution has gone the way of being faith-based science instead of observable, testable and falsifiable science. Instead, it's historical science. It's equivalent to a religion since around the 1850s. Prior to that God and Genesis was accepted as part of science.

NONE.

NADA.

Atheist scientists are today's secular scientists. If you believe in God, the supernatural or the Bible as science, then you are systematically eliminated from secular peer reviews and having your papers published in Nature and Science. You can also lose your job. This isn't the way I learned science. Today, evolution has gone the way of being faith-based science instead of observable, testable and falsifiable science. Instead, it's historical science. It's equivalent to a religion since around the 1850s. Prior to that God and Genesis was accepted as part of science.

Are you saying that religious stuff should be accepted as science? Religion is one thing, science is another.

What is being "systematically eliminated from secular peer reviews" and rejected for publication in Nature and Science?
These "creation scientists" only pull from one book of writings in order to justify themselves. There are many scientists who come from very different religious backgrounds. There are ancient tales and writings from all over the world. Are discoveries being made that might validate these stories? Taoist? Hindu? Shinto? Buddhist?

LOL it just went over your head. Of course, the evos are looking for intelligent life due to evolution of 13.8 billion years old...Even on other planets a microbe becomes an intelligent being or intelligent alien. Thus, where are they from Fermi.

To the contrary, the evos have finally admitted that intelligent life is rare and the creation scientists were right. Just look at the evos who post here in the S & T section. There's not much intelligence nor science there.

What the hell are you talking about?

This statement is unintelligible and specious on every level. For one, there is nothing atheistic about the reasoning. The existence of gods, or lack of existence of gods and fairies and spirits, had no bearing on their methods.second, they were referring to intelligent life, not "any and all life".

Furthermore, absence of evidence (particularly in this case, in which an exhaustive examination of the evidence has not even been attempted) is not evidence of absence.

Fourth, even if we had a shred of evidence that there is not life elsewhere, it would not be proof that there is not.

NONE.

NADA.

Okay, here's the thing.

I personally doubt most UFO stories, but we have actual evidence.. photographs, eyewitness accounts, film...

Probably most of them have prosaic explanations, to use the famous words of Phil Klass, the UFO debunker.

The evidence of God.. um, is just stories.

Now, here's the thing. There are 100 million stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, and there are thousands of Galaxies... Is very probable that life happened on one of those other planets, and that life would be "alien".

It's less likely they can make it here, given the vast distances involved. .

NONE.

NADA.

Okay, here's the thing.

I personally doubt most UFO stories, but we have actual evidence.. photographs, eyewitness accounts, film...

Probably most of them have prosaic explanations, to use the famous words of Phil Klass, the UFO debunker.

The evidence of God.. um, is just stories.

Now, here's the thing. There are 100 million stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, and there are thousands of Galaxies... Is very probable that life happened on one of those other planets, and that life would be "alien".

It's less likely they can make it here, given the vast distances involved. .
*100 billion stars in the Galaxy

*100 billion galaxies

And there are probably more, on both counts.

This statement is unintelligible and specious on every level. For one, there is nothing atheistic about the reasoning. The existence of gods, or lack of existence of gods and fairies and spirits, had no bearing on their methods.second, they were referring to intelligent life, not "any and all life".

Furthermore, absence of evidence (particularly in this case, in which an exhaustive examination of the evidence has not even been attempted) is not evidence of absence.

Fourth, even if we had a shred of evidence that there is not life elsewhere, it would not be proof that there is not.

Well, I think you need to tell this to every damn atheist I have had the displeasure of debating this issue with over the past 20 years, because this is exactly how their reasoning works. They haunt every stinking religion forum on the internet asking the faithful to prove that there is a God, and because there can be no proof they will accept, their conclusion is that their is no God. However, they insist that there MUST be some kind of life elsewhere, intelligent or otherwise, with no proof whatsoever, because of things like the Drake equation. That's what the OP was getting at, spin it anyway you want.

The point is, it's a double standard, irrational thinking, and BS.

Forum List

Back