Why do so many atheist scientists believe in aliens when there's no proof for them either?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

There is, in fact, more proof of God than there are of aliens.

Because there's NO PROOF of aliens.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

1. The Bible isn't evidence, it's hearsay.

2. To the best of my knowledge military jets have never chased Jesus.

It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

The Bible isn't proof that God exists.

Humans are proof that life can exist on planets, and with the number of planets out there, the chances that there is life on at least one of them is actually quite high.

Maybe it has to do with the trillions of planets circling stars within habitable zones?

Wheres your evidence for this god? Oh'yess, a book written by goat herders.

NONE.

NADA.

"If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us." Dude, how the fuck do you know this? If you do, I'm onboard as your first hand special forces, personal protection, SS, ultimate body guard. Deal??

NONE.

NADA.

"If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us." Dude, how the fuck do you know this? If you do, I'm onboard as your first hand special forces, personal protection, SS, ultimate body guard. Deal??

Yes, because we're aliens to others and we haven't contacted anyone.

NONE.

NADA.

1. Who are the scientists that declare there must be millions of alien civilizations in the universe?
2. How do you know they are atheists?
3. You would need to define god before showing proof of god. There often seems to be some disagreement about what constitutes god.
4. You should probably be saying evidence rather than proof. You believe the Bible is evidence of god. I'm not sure what the statement "a Bible that somehow came to be" means; it came to be when it was written? You seem to imply that it couldn't have been written but had to be created by god.
5. That places written about in the Bible exist seems like pretty scant evidence of god. Places written in most Stephen King books exist, but that doesn't mean I should start believing in monsters. :)
6. Why would you assume that if aliens existed, they would have contacted us? The universe is vast, almost beyond human comprehension. There could be tons of alien civilizations out there without they or us ever noticing each other. Besides, it's also possible aliens have attempted to contact us and we did not realize it. It isn't as if aliens are likely to be sending messages out in human language over devices compatible with human technology.

Because aliens are hot girls that nerdy scientists can actually score with.

maxresdefault.jpg

NONE.

NADA.

Yes, because we're aliens to others and we haven't contacted anyone.

Can't even contact our selves. I'm not being sharky, just a comment out of my pea brain.

I believe the premise of the OP comes from the latest GW thesis that compares alien civilization to ours. Funny thing that report is only a hypothetical and blackrook believes it is defined proof of aliens.

Not one artifact of alien civilization has ever been found. If aliens had visited us, they would have left something behind: cigarette butts, paper cups, articles of clothing, etc.

NOTHING has been found.

NONE.

NADA.

1. Who are the scientists that declare there must be millions of alien civilizations in the universe?
2. How do you know they are atheists?
3. You would need to define god before showing proof of god. There often seems to be some disagreement about what constitutes god.
4. You should probably be saying evidence rather than proof. You believe the Bible is evidence of god. I'm not sure what the statement "a Bible that somehow came to be" means; it came to be when it was written? You seem to imply that it couldn't have been written but had to be created by god.
5. That places written about in the Bible exist seems like pretty scant evidence of god. Places written in most Stephen King books exist, but that doesn't mean I should start believing in monsters. :)
6. Why would you assume that if aliens existed, they would have contacted us? The universe is vast, almost beyond human comprehension. There could be tons of alien civilizations out there without they or us ever noticing each other. Besides, it's also possible aliens have attempted to contact us and we did not realize it. It isn't as if aliens are likely to be sending messages out in human language over devices compatible with human technology.

Exactly my first thoughts.

The simpler version:
  1. We know that life exists because we see it around us;
  2. We know that mathematically there are untold numbers of similar environments where life theoretically could exist;
  3. If it does, such life would be "there", not "here", hence "alien".

Meanwhile
  1. we have no evidence that gods exist.

I believe the premise of the OP comes from the latest GW thesis that compares alien civilization to ours. Funny thing that report is only a hypothetical and blackrook believes it is defined proof of aliens.

It's the same with Global Warming.

Some scientist makes a prediction. They make it clear it's a prediction. Some right winger then decides this is what WILL happen according to this person, when it doesn't happen they then say how stupid the scientist is for saying it WILL happen.

It gets tiring.

Not one artifact of alien civilization has ever been found. If aliens had visited us, they would have left something behind: cigarette butts, paper cups, articles of clothing, etc.

NOTHING has been found.

There is a theory that alien life has been visited us... and the artifacts they left behind were us.

27830_comet875x5001-640x353.jpg

NOTHING has been found.

C'mon dood.

That's like saying "there are no cockroaches in Texas. I know that because I searched the corner of the bathroom in room 119 of the Motel 6 in Lubbock and NOTHING was found".

The Bible is a perfect book that all comes together even though many people put pen to paper over thousands of years. Why would military jets chase Jesus? Jesus more than likely keeps them form being shot down on more than one occasion. What sane person bites the hand that feeds it?

NOTHING has been found.

There is a theory that alien life has been visited us... and the artifacts they left behind were us.

27830_comet875x5001-640x353.jpg
Sounds like a fairytale for those that need to grasp after straws. Can't accept the LORD but can worship aliens.... Talk about creating god in one's own image..........

Maybe it has to do with the trillions of planets circling stars within habitable zones?

Wheres your evidence for this god? Oh'yess, a book written by goat herders.
Have you ever sat down and read the Bible? Even if you don't wish to believe in GOD, the Bible is one very deep well thought out piece of literature second to none!

The Bible is a perfect book that all comes together even though many people put pen to paper over thousands of years. Why would military jets chase Jesus? Jesus more than likely keeps them form being shot down on more than one occasion. What sane person bites the hand that feeds it?
I think you are confused. I'll try to use smaller words and less complicated examples.

The Bible is hearsay. That means it is an account of something told by someone who wasn't there and didn't see it. It is not proof because we don't know if the person telling the story is telling the truth. And yes, I know you assume he is but that is faith, not proof.

I wasn't implying that fighter jets would really chase jesus should be show up, but that they have chased UFOs and have both radar and camera images of them, while no one has a pic of Jesus that isn't in a piece is toast or a burrito.

Get it now?

New Topics

Forum List

Back