Why do so many atheist scientists believe in aliens when there's no proof for them either?

The vast majority of humans still hold religious/spiritual beliefs.
The scientific enlightenment just happened about 250 years ago. The vast majority of humans are still living in ignorance, however. Note the more advanced nations are more secular. Get back to me in about 2000 years, dude.

You make an argument for the possibility that such an advanced civilization would be religious. Good for you. Can you argue that it would likely be religious? Ha...I seriously doubt that. I think you agree 100% that they likely would NOT be religious and would find religion to be absurd.

The scientific enlightenment just happened about 250 years ago. The vast majority of humans are still living in ignorance, however. Note the more advanced nations are more secular. Get back to me in about 2000 years, dude.

You make an argument for the possibility that such an advanced civilization would be religious. Good for you. Can you argue that it would likely be religious? Ha...I seriously doubt that. I think you agree 100% that they likely would NOT be religious and would find religion to be absurd.

I absolutely do not believe that. There is really no way to know. We're talking about things for which we have no good way to measure probabilities. To begin with, we're talking about alien life. We cannot know what form that life would take, what sort of history it would have, what supernatural beliefs might be part of whatever culture(s) were to come to Earth, etc.

If humanity masters interstellar travel, the current evidence would point to us being a space faring society with plenty of religious belief. For the entirety of recorded history, the majority of humanity has believed in the supernatural in some form. Perhaps more technically advanced nations are more secular, but the huge majority still has some sort of supernatural belief in those nations, as well as less technologically advanced ones. Even if those sorts of beliefs are rooted in ignorance, until humanity attains omniscience, ignorance will remain, allowing for such beliefs.

See you in 2000 years? That's certainly an easy answer for you, requiring no proof or real evidence. You could be right, but it's really a meaningless prediction with little to back it up.

See you in 2000 years? That's certainly an easy answer for you
Huh? You pointed at the himan race today....which actually undermined your point, given that the ykma race has become more secular some the enlightenment.

So yes, imagine such a progression for thousand so fyears. You are being intentionally narrow.

See you in 2000 years? That's certainly an easy answer for you
Huh? You pointed at the himan race today....which actually undermined your point, given that the ykma race has become more secular some the enlightenment.

So yes, imagine such a progression for thousand so fyears. You are being intentionally narrow.

No, you are projecting a relatively small change over the course of 2000 years. More, there are estimates that the percentage of humanity which is religious will actually grow in coming years. The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050

Yes, there are trends in some countries, particularly Western ones, away from religious affiliation. I don't know why you would assume that a) those trends will continue for millennia, or b) those trends will expand into different nations, or c) those trends are based solely on technological advancement. Even within those countries with secular growth, the religious are still the majority. In the US, the religious are still a large majority. And unaffiliated is not the same as non-believers; many people who do not follow an organized religious may still have some sort of religious or spiritual beliefs.

Your argument is basically that because there is a growing population of non-believers in some countries, eventually the world will be full of non-believers. This, despite such a thing never coming close to happening in human history; despite the overall trend being toward more growth in believers than non-believers; and without any clear evidence as to why such a change might be occurring.

I'm not denying the possibility that religious belief could eventually fade. I'm saying your argument, which makes it out to be some sort of inevitability, is inherently flawed.

No, you are projecting a relatively small change over the course of 2000 years
Right, as causation is clear. The more advanced a society, the more secular it is . This is a fact that we know about ourselves.

Your argument is basically that because there is a growing population of non-believers in some countries, eventually the world will be full of non-believers.
Wrong, you misrepresent my words. I am not merely saying that "because something has happened in some places, therefore"...

It has happened in nearly ALL places, where scientific enlightenment has produced modern societies.

And that is decent reason to believe that humans will become more secular, with time. And this will be cause dby our scientific enlightenment, as it progresses.

Again, we have good reason to believe that, as our civilization progresses, it will become more secular.

Last edited:
There is really no way to know
Of course there is, we can look at the himan race to determine it is likely that such and advanced civization would be secular

We cannot assume an alien race would follow the same trends as humanity. We have literally no experience with alien civilizations, and only have experience with one technological species, our own. There is not enough data to formulate a real baseline for what technologically advanced civilizations of various species from various worlds might do or believe.

And as I've said, even if one were to use humanity as the comparison, humanity has always had a large majority of people who are believers. That was true in the past, and it is very much true now, including in many of the most technologically advanced nations.

No, you are projecting a relatively small change over the course of 2000 years
Right, as causation is clear. The more advanced a society, the more secular it is . This is a fact that we know about ourselves.

Your argument is basically that because there is a growing population of non-believers in some countries, eventually the world will be full of non-believers.
Wrong, you misrepresent my words. I am not merely saying that "because something has happened in some places, therefore"...

It has happened in nearly ALL places, where scientific enlightenment has produced modern societies.

And that is decent reason to believe that humans will become more secular, with time. And this will be cause dby our scientific enlightenment, as it progresses.

Again, we have good reason to believe that, as our civilization progresses, it will become more secular.

I wonder then, why does the US, clearly near the top of the list in scientific advancement, still have a large majority of the population that are believers of some sort? Perhaps you are oversimplifying the causes of increased secularism.

We cannot assume an alien race would follow the same trends as humanity
But I am not assuming it with any absolute certainty. I think it likely that such a society would be secular, and I have said why. As non-belief is the default setting,Maybe it is you that needs to argue why they would not be secular.
I wonder then, why does the US, clearly near the top of the list in scientific advancement, still have a large majority of the population that are believers of some sort?
And yet, it is less than 200+ years ago, and that is because of scientific enlightenment. Also, it is not a secret that a lot of people are pretty ignorant.

Can't there be both?

Why is it the radicals in life can not accept humans have no real clue what is out there!?!

The Bible was written by man hand and are stories about right and wrong and their theory about God but no one in today time has seen nor heard God and if the Stories are true, well you head would explode...

So as you dismiss Aliens because you never saw one, well I will keep my mind open on everything...

It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

There is, in fact, more proof of God than there are of aliens.

Because there's NO PROOF of aliens.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

I’m pretty sure that there aren’t many scientists who believe we have been visited by aliens, as for alien life in the galaxy, they aren’t saying that they have proof, but they are assuming because of certain factors that suggest it.

Not one artifact of alien civilization has ever been found. If aliens had visited us, they would have left something behind: cigarette butts, paper cups, articles of clothing, etc.

NOTHING has been found.
Maybe they have not contacted us due to the trillions of mile between us. There is likely there is lifew out there! less likely they get here from where they are. So far our radio waves are just now hitting the nearest solar system. A return message would still take some time to get back.

I absolutely do not believe that. There is really no way to know. We're talking about things for which we have no good way to measure probabilities. To begin with, we're talking about alien life. We cannot know what form that life would take, what sort of history it would have, what supernatural beliefs might be part of whatever culture(s) were to come to Earth, etc.

If humanity masters interstellar travel, the current evidence would point to us being a space faring society with plenty of religious belief. For the entirety of recorded history, the majority of humanity has believed in the supernatural in some form. Perhaps more technically advanced nations are more secular, but the huge majority still has some sort of supernatural belief in those nations, as well as less technologically advanced ones. Even if those sorts of beliefs are rooted in ignorance, until humanity attains omniscience, ignorance will remain, allowing for such beliefs.

See you in 2000 years? That's certainly an easy answer for you, requiring no proof or real evidence. You could be right, but it's really a meaningless prediction with little to back it up.

220px-Nimrod_%28painting%29.jpg

What are you babbling about? The scientific "enlightenment," assuming you are referring to evolutionary thought (precursor to theory of evolution), happened much longer than 250 years ago. I have heard some Christians state that Satan gave evolution to Nimrod at the Tower of Babel. That was around 4400 years ago.

"Its top was a great temple shrine, emblazoned with zodiacal signs representing the hosts of heaven, Satan and his 'principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of the world' Ephesians 6:12.

Nimrod believed in astrology and the signs of the zodiac. It's believed to be why there is some form of this found all around the world. Furthermore, they believe that these evil spirits who met with Nimrod and his priests, planned their long-range strategy against God and his redemptive purposes for the post-diluvian world. This included the development of a non-theistic cosmology, one which could explain the origin and meaning of the universe and man without acknowledging the true God of creation. Denial of God's power and sovereignty in creation is of course fundamental in the rejection of his authority in every other sphere.

"Genesis 11:3 tells us the tower was made out of bricks. Archaeologists recognize the Sumerians possessed great skill at brickmaking and masonry. They built cities and were a proud people. They believed that their ancestors caught and tamed the gods of water that caused chaos by separating the water from the land. According to the Sumerian creation story, such a belief was direct insult to God who provided an ark for their grandfather Noah to save mankind.

It took a very short time, 120 years or more, for the people to deny their Creator and Savior as witnessed in this verse of the Bible where it states, “And they said, ‘Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth’” (Gen. 11:4).

They refused to spread out and take dominion of the whole planet, but they did enjoy the spoils of a fertile land. Testimony in the archeological records demonstrates they had extraordinary skill and were blessed with amazing gifts to bring into existence an advanced culture for that time. But they chose not only to defy God’s name, but to defy God’s command. Their leader was Nimrod. Listen to the description of this Babylonian king as recorded in the writing of the great Jewish historian, Josephus.

Now it was Nimrod who excited them to such an affront and contempt of God. He was the grandson of Ham, the son of Noah, a bold man, and of great strength of hand. He persuaded them not to ascribe it to God, as if it was through his means they were happy, but to believe that it was their own courage which procured that happiness. He also gradually changed the government into tyranny, seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence on his power.

The triune God would change the course of history and pronounce a judgment on mankind that would be felt to the end of earthly time."

As a side note, evolutionists have difficulties explaining the Sumerians and how advanced they were. Its similar to the the problems they explaining the Cambrian explosion as evolution occurs much, much, much more slowly.

Evolution and the Tower of Babel (May 2016) - Creation Studies Institute

There is some logical reasoning behind evolution being the work of Satan. One, it allows everything in the universe to come into existence without God. Another is that it divides believers into believing in a much, much, much older universe and earth or a younger one. Evolutionists consists largely of atheists and anti-Christian scientists who, whether through design or ignorance, are doing the work of Satan by spreading evolutionism and repressing the true Christian viewpoint of observational science.

And you are mistaken in thinking there is an advanced civilization of aliens elsewhere. We are the advanced civilization. The vastness of space does not mean that aliens will be found. The Fermi paradox states that they would have contacted us or else we would have found some evidence of them by now.

There isn't other civilizations or any form of alien life out there unless it was by panspermia. God never created aliens and the fine-tuning facts prevent life from forming elsewhere. These fine-tuning parameters were discovered by secular scientists when they were investigating the Big Bang Theory.

What are you babbling about? The scientific "enlightenment," assuming you are referring to evolutionary thought (precursor to theory of evolution), happened much longer than 250 years ago. I have heard some Christians state that Satan gave evolution to Nimrod at the Tower of Babel. That was around 4400 years ago.

"Its top was a great temple shrine, emblazoned with zodiacal signs representing the hosts of heaven, Satan and his 'principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of the world' Ephesians 6:12.

Nimrod believed in astrology and the signs of the zodiac. It's believed to be why there is some form of this found all around the world. Furthermore, they believe that these evil spirits who met with Nimrod and his priests, planned their long-range strategy against God and his redemptive purposes for the post-diluvian world. This included the development of a non-theistic cosmology, one which could explain the origin and meaning of the universe and man without acknowledging the true God of creation. Denial of God's power and sovereignty in creation is of course fundamental in the rejection of his authority in every other sphere.

"Genesis 11:3 tells us the tower was made out of bricks. Archaeologists recognize the Sumerians possessed great skill at brickmaking and masonry. They built cities and were a proud people. They believed that their ancestors caught and tamed the gods of water that caused chaos by separating the water from the land. According to the Sumerian creation story, such a belief was direct insult to God who provided an ark for their grandfather Noah to save mankind.

It took a very short time, 120 years or more, for the people to deny their Creator and Savior as witnessed in this verse of the Bible where it states, “And they said, ‘Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth’” (Gen. 11:4).

They refused to spread out and take dominion of the whole planet, but they did enjoy the spoils of a fertile land. Testimony in the archeological records demonstrates they had extraordinary skill and were blessed with amazing gifts to bring into existence an advanced culture for that time. But they chose not only to defy God’s name, but to defy God’s command. Their leader was Nimrod. Listen to the description of this Babylonian king as recorded in the writing of the great Jewish historian, Josephus.

Now it was Nimrod who excited them to such an affront and contempt of God. He was the grandson of Ham, the son of Noah, a bold man, and of great strength of hand. He persuaded them not to ascribe it to God, as if it was through his means they were happy, but to believe that it was their own courage which procured that happiness. He also gradually changed the government into tyranny, seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence on his power.

The triune God would change the course of history and pronounce a judgment on mankind that would be felt to the end of earthly time."

As a side note, evolutionists have difficulties explaining the Sumerians and how advanced they were. Its similar to the the problems they explaining the Cambrian explosion as evolution occurs much, much, much more slowly.

There is some logical reasoning behind evolution being the work of Satan. One, it allows everything in the universe to come into existence without God. Another is that it divides believers into believing in a much, much, much older universe and earth or a younger one. Evolutionists consists largely of atheists and anti-Christian scientists who, whether through design or ignorance, are doing the work of Satan by spreading evolutionism and repressing the true Christian viewpoint of observational science.

And you are mistaken in thinking there is an advanced civilization of aliens elsewhere. We are the advanced civilization. The vastness of space does not mean that aliens will be found. The Fermi paradox states that they would have contacted us or else we would have found some evidence of them by now.

There isn't other civilizations or any form of alien life out there unless it was by panspermia. God never created aliens and the fine-tuning facts prevent life from forming elsewhere. These fine-tuning parameters were discovered by secular scientists when they were investigating the Big Bang Theory.

I'm not the one that brought up scientific enlightenment.

I don't consider the Fermi paradox to be compelling. I think it is based on a flawed premise and uses poor logic. ;)

And you are mistaken in thinking there is an advanced civilization of aliens elsewhere. We are the advanced civilization. The vastness of space does not mean that aliens will be found.

The vastness of space does not mean that aliens will be found.

physiology, the physical component for life's presence is not native to planet Earth but evolved when conditions became conducive and the same will be true throughout the universe and is part and parcel metaphysical as physiology disappears when the life is removed from it.

no sign of its existence will remain where conditions become inhospitable and prove the existence in the universe of the metaphysical presence the same as gravity.

the Almighty is the ruler of the metaphysical where all beings have originated, the christian bible, desert religions are a laughable joke.

I don't consider the Fermi paradox to be compelling. I think it is based on a flawed premise and uses poor logic. ;)

Stop dodging! You're just making up assertions on pure "faith." If anything, the flawed premise and poor logic is that aliens exist. No kidding ha ha :21:.

The Fermi paradox is based on scientific theory and calculations (Drake equations and probalistic argument) while finding alien life has nothing. SETI even admits that they should have found something or have made contact by now. Even Elon Musk says that aliens even with 20% of light speed capability would have been here by now. SETI is supposed to be science as we have been led to believe, but they have to fund their own way now. We even have Harvard articles against it -- 1980QJRAS..21..267T Page 278. Aliens are supposed to be a new discovery for NASA or biology, so are there any peer reviewed papers or articles still in favor on the subject?

Even evolution scientists have come out and stated that extraterrestrial life is rare or non-existent. Some of it is based on fine-tuning parameters and rare earth hypothesis. I would think that rare earth should be elevated to a theory since creation scientists are excluded by secular scientists today.

Evolution scientists admitting that life is rare is really convincing and I pointed out that evolution is based on Satan and his henchmen visiting Nimrod. It is a change in their position since ToE days.

And you are mistaken in thinking there is an advanced civilization of aliens elsewhere. We are the advanced civilization. The vastness of space does not mean that aliens will be found.

physiology, the physical component for life's presence is not native to planet Earth but evolved when conditions became conducive and the same will be true throughout the universe and is part and parcel metaphysical as physiology disappears when the life is removed from it.

no sign of its existence will remain where conditions become inhospitable and prove the existence in the universe of the metaphysical presence the same as gravity.

the Almighty is the ruler of the metaphysical where all beings have originated, the christian bible, desert religions are a laughable joke.

Still on your meds I see as I have no idea what you're trying to state.

However, it is interesting that I do understand your final sentence that you still subscribe to Satan's religion of evolution.

Still on your meds I see as I have no idea what you're trying to state.

However, it is interesting that I do understand your final sentence that you still subscribe to Satan's religion of evolution.

what you find interesting -

is that I am able to see evil where it truly exists -

life's emergence on planet Earth is its own proof wherever conditions are hospitable the metaphysical presence in the universe will manifest itself in a physical form that generates an ever more complex being through progressive trials and errors -

as such planet Earth already has an alien presence. as stated above - repetition is the friend of the mentally challenged.

Stop dodging! You're just making up assertions on pure "faith." If anything, the flawed premise and poor logic is that aliens exist. No kidding ha ha :21:.

The Fermi paradox is based on scientific theory and calculations (Drake equations and probalistic argument) while finding alien life has nothing. SETI even admits that they should have found something or have made contact by now. Even Elon Musk says that aliens even with 20% of light speed capability would have been here by now. SETI is supposed to be science as we have been led to believe, but they have to fund their own way now. We even have Harvard articles against it -- 1980QJRAS..21..267T Page 278. Aliens are supposed to be a new discovery for NASA or biology, so are there any peer reviewed papers or articles still in favor on the subject?

Even evolution scientists have come out and stated that extraterrestrial life is rare or non-existent. Some of it is based on fine-tuning parameters and rare earth hypothesis. I would think that rare earth should be elevated to a theory since creation scientists are excluded by secular scientists today.

Evolution scientists admitting that life is rare is really convincing and I pointed out that evolution is based on Satan and his henchmen visiting Nimrod. It is a change in their position since ToE days.

What am I dodging? I didn't bring up scientific enlightenment. That was Fort Fun Indiana.

The Fermi Paradox is based on what I would call faulty, or at least non-evidentiary, assumptions. First, there is the idea that all technologically advanced civilizations will follow basically the same paths as far as expansion. Then there is the assumption that interstellar travel is a viable possibility. Then there is the assumption that technological civilizations will tend to advance far enough to engage in interstellar travel and colonization of other planets. Then there is the assumption that, if an alien species visited Earth, we would be able to observe evidence of it. That's a big one: the idea that humans should be able to observe other intelligent civilizations if they exist.

There is very little basis for the assumptions involved in the Fermi Paradox. We have only 1 species to use as evidence, and that species has not even achieved interstellar travel. There are any number of possible reasons why humanity would not have observed evidence of alien life that has achieved interstellar travel, even if such life has existed or currently exists.

There are also questions about the logic involved. For example, here's a short paper about why the logic and evidentiary basis of the Fermi Paradox are unsound: There Is No Fermi Paradox

Neither the Fermi Paradox nor the Drake Equation are scientific theories. They are speculative probability questions/formulae. Neither is definitive, nor backed by a great deal of evidence.

What does "Even evolution scientists have come out and stated that extraterrestrial life is rare or non-existent." mean?

I'm not even certain you are arguing with things I've posted or posts from others. :p

It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

There is, in fact, more proof of God than there are of aliens.

Because there's NO PROOF of aliens.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

The Bible isn't proof that God exists.

Humans are proof that life can exist on planets, and with the number of planets out there, the chances that there is life on at least one of them is actually quite high.

Study claims there is a 'substantial probability' there is not intelligent life elsewhere | Daily Mail Online

Forum List

Back