Why do so many atheist scientists believe in aliens when there's no proof for them either?

Do people actually believe that only atheists believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe? Maybe new earther Christians (the earth is only 6000 years old) believe that there is no life anywhere else, for the rest of us it is another story.

It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

There is, in fact, more proof of God than there are of aliens.

Because there's NO PROOF of aliens.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

Hmm, I don't agree with this. Even if a species were to evolve with the ability of interstellar travel, the universe is a big place.

There is zero proof of God, stop that nonsense.

As for "proof of aliens", there is only circumstantial and mathematical evidence (not proof), but it is very strong. And by "aliens", I mean the idea that life formed at least once elsewhere in the universe.

Not one artifact of alien civilization has ever been found. If aliens had visited us, they would have left something behind: cigarette butts, paper cups, articles of clothing, etc.

NOTHING has been found.

First, maybe aliens are non smokers.
Second, cigarette butts are biodegradable, hard to find after certain time.
Third, if I was an alien and saw this idiots on earth, I would leave them nothing. Nothing, not even shit.
That doesn't answer the age old question of whether or not we are alone in the universe.

However it may be the reason why....its like asking why that guy covered in filth and stink playing with himself is sitting there in a corner alone all by himself if other people exist..

Its kind of obvious....
Yes! Imagine how primitive our religion cults and our beliefs in zombie kings, fairies, sky wizards, astrology, resurrection, invisible spirits who care what we put in our orifices, and our hilarious creation myths must and would seem to an advanced civilization that has managed to evolve to the point of interstellar travel.

I'm embarrassed just thinking about it!

Not one artifact of alien civilization has ever been found. If aliens had visited us, they would have left something behind: cigarette butts, paper cups, articles of clothing, etc.

NOTHING has been found.

Third, if I was an alien and saw this idiots on earth, I would leave them nothing. Nothing, not even shit.
That doesn't answer the age old question of whether or not we are alone in the universe.

However it may be the reason why....its like asking why that guy covered in filth and stink playing with himself is sitting there in a corner alone all by himself if other people exist..

Its kind of obvious....
Yes! Imagine how primitive our religion cults and our beliefs in zombie kings, fairies, sky wizards, astrology, resurrection, invisible spirits who care what we put in our orifices, and our hilarious creation myths must and would seem to an advanced civilization that has managed to evolve to the point of interstellar travel.

Why would interstellar travel preclude belief in religions?

NOTHING has been found.

Its kind of obvious....

Embarrassed? You should be terrified.

Religious nutjobs who openly profess irrational beliefs have been trying to usurp places of authority in government for decades... When they finally got into positions to legislate their morality, look who they elected to lead the way... the most shallow, corrupt, egomaniacal, delusional, fat misogynistic bastard out there...and to add insult to injury by committing treason by eagerly assisting a hostile foreign nation in an open assault on democracy..

And then, some people are out there still scratching their heads saying who knows what happened but "give him a chance, maybe he'll do something good.". lol

WTF..

Last edited:
It's a question that intrigues me, the fact that atheist scientists say there's no proof of God, but then declare to the world that there MUST be millions of alien civilizations in our universe.

NONE.

NADA.

While the proof of God is that there is a Bible that somehow came to be, and archaelogists have found many places identified in the Bible, like the Tomb of the Patriarchs, Herod's Temple, Peter's tomb, etc.

If aliens lived ANYWHERE we would know it by now because they would have contacted us.

How many scientists 'believe' in aliens?

NONE.

NADA.

The Bible isn't proof that God exists.

Humans are proof that life can exist on planets, and with the number of planets out there, the chances that there is life on at least one of them is actually quite high.

I don't know of any scientists who 'believe' there are aliens- but there are lots of scientists who believe that statistics make the possibility of life high.

I don't know of any statistics which make god more likely.

1. The Bible isn't evidence, it's hearsay.

2. To the best of my knowledge military jets have never chased Jesus.
A good portion of the Bible is history. Much of it is ancient oral history but it is history nonetheless.

You are under a cloak of hearsay and not the Bible. Moses (raised in the House of Pharoah) wrote the 1st 5 books of the Bible.

Moses did never exist. No Pharao ever would have raised a Bastard. You know, Pharaos were God-Kings. Actually we know pretty much about them, because they left their heritage written in stone.
What a petty that Moses lost the two stone plates given to him by God. Without witnesses, of course.
Sure Moses existed. So did Abraham--that is an interesting read. All the drama of a Real Housewives season.

1. The Bible isn't evidence, it's hearsay.

2. To the best of my knowledge military jets have never chased Jesus.
A good portion of the Bible is history. Much of it is ancient oral history but it is history nonetheless.
Please point out the verified sections.
Are you serious?
I am not a biblical scholar, but I find history and archeology fascinating and I know that many of the areas, and the wars and the leaders and the stories about them have been verified by historians from other sources and from archeological finds. I am not referring to the burning bush or the loaves and fishes; I am saying that there is a lot of history interwoven into the Bible, especially in the Old Testament. And I don't disrespect oral tradition either. It may have been altered somewhat from the original irl situation, but there is still a kernel of truth in those even ancient stories. Like the flood. There is evidence all over the world of great floods thousands and thousands of years ago. Not 40 days of rain and an ark, necessarily, but there is history in there.

A good portion of the Bible is history.
Yes, just as a good portion of Marvel Comics is history. I mean, it mentions real people, places, and events, right?
Toss it as total bunk, if you wish. I was only pointing out that there is history in it.
Why is that worth pointing out?
Crepitus said there wasn't any history in it. There was. I don't like to see a book that records, as best it can, a very long history and tradition, be disrespected that way. I'm not a believer, but I find ancient stories like that fascinating in what they tell us. Look at Troy--everyone thought that was a "myth," too, until they actually found it. And King Minos' Palace on Knossos. Jeez, you guys.

What makes you think a space faring society would have developed past religion?
The same thing that has made humans more secular over time: scientific enlightenment.

I think you knew the answer to your question already.

The vast majority of humans still hold religious/spiritual beliefs. Clearly scientific enlightenment, while it has had an affect on what is believed, has in no way removed the tendency in humanity to see supernatural answers or causes.

Unless becoming a space faring society would somehow answer all the questions of life, it's entirely possible a space faring race could be religious. If humanity becomes a truly space faring race, I'd say it is probably we would remain largely religious.

I don't know if you are overestimating how many questions would be answered by becoming a space faring society, or underestimating humanity's capacity and need to believe, or making unwarranted assumptions, but your logic seems unsound. I say this as someone who does not hold any religious beliefs. :)

Forum List

Back