Why do people think that polygamy is inherently abusive?

Well adjusted people, even non-Christians recognize the fact that the best and healthiest relationships are one on one male / female marriages.

Why? Because we have a Creator. He created woman for man as the perfect compliment.
But we think we know better and can deviate from that plan.... and it never works.

If God's 'perfect' plan was for men to have multiple wives, he would have given Adam Eve, Laura and Stephanie.
God only need 2 people to start the human race.

After that it was normal for men to have multiple wives. .... :cool:

If you were God, that would be nice for you - but then again, I'm starting to believe you are just a frustrated old man.... (or maybe young....)

If God's 'perfect' plan was for men to have multiple wives, he would have given Adam Eve, Laura and Stephanie.
God only need 2 people to start the human race.

After that it was normal for men to have multiple wives. .... :cool:
You didn't answer my question. Is this status as a "possession" reciprocal? If she "belongs" to him, then does he equally "belong" to her? Or is she just his property because she agreed to begin a family with him?

You didn't answer my question. Is this status as a "possession" reciprocal? If she "belongs" to him, then does he equally "belong" to her? Or is she just his property because she agreed to begin a family with him?
When a girl is born.......she belongs to her father.

When she grows up into a woman and marries.......she belongs to her husband. ... :cool:

The Creator of the Universe......Allah.......allows men to have up to 4 wives.

That is part of his divine plan. ....... :cool:

Do you have 4 wives?
Are you living up go your "God's" Devine Plan?

This is pretty enlightening. I really hope people don't take this "I'm entitled to have four wives because my god says so" thing as the norm. Your wife is a human being. She's a person - an equal - whom you respect and love with the totality of your being. If you can't see one person like this then you for damn sure have no business trying to become involved with more than one.

When a girl is born.......she belongs to her father.

When she grows up into a woman and marries.......she belongs to her husband. ... :cool:

Nope. Equal both ways. See below:

1 Corinthians 7:4

4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

This is pretty enlightening. I really hope people don't take this "I'm entitled to have four wives because my god says so" thing as the norm. Your wife is a human being. She's a person - an equal - whom you respect and love with the totality of your being. If you can't see one person like this then you for damn sure have no business trying to become involved with more.

They don't - people that are Christian's and have relationship with God know better.
There are many false doctrines, and, the true doctrines shine like the Sun in comparison.
The only people viewed as being persuasive or "smart" are the people fooling themselves.

The Creator of the Universe......Allah.......allows men to have up to 4 wives.
That is part of his divine plan. ....... :cool:
Do you have 4 wives?
Are you living up go your "God's" Devine Plan?
The key word in my statement was "allows"......I never said that it was mandatory. ..... "cool"

Please quote me a scripture that says "Up to 4 wives" is part of a divine plan. thanks,

If you were God, that would be nice for you - but then again, I'm starting to believe you are just a frustrated old man.... (or maybe young....)
No need for personal attacks.......and no, I don't discuss my personal life on a public forum. ...... :cool:

personal beliefs are ok though? What' more personal than your beliefs?
It wasn't an attack, it was an educated guess ;) nothing wrong with being frustrated or old :)

Please quote me a scripture that says "Up to 4 wives" is part of a divine plan. thanks,
Quran 4:3 "You may marry two, three, or four. If you fear lest you become unfair, then you shall be content with only one, or with what you already have. Additionally, you are thus more likely to avoid financial hardship."

Forum List

Back