Why do people think that polygamy is inherently abusive?

being religious does not determine my morals you are aware of that....and there are people who are not christian who are moral

tell me, why be moral if you are not a Christian?
People are not altruistic and selfless by nature......

i got the feeling he was out of the picture...my bad.....

now why do you think people only have morals due to religion? that is an odd perception......one must live with others.....only if you like machiavelli's attitude would you feel this way of morals only exist from religion.....

do you not get tried of that veil of religion between you and others?

why am i not selfish? i am....but i also and very generous in my love....i give it unconditionally....i am needy but i am not an energy vampire....i tend to take things as they come at me..which today is like an f4.....on steriods....

i never can figure out those who limit themselves to one person.....that seems so shallow and selfish to me

i got the feeling he was out of the picture...my bad.....

now why do you think people only have morals due to religion? that is an odd perception......one must live with others.....only if you like machiavelli's attitude would you feel this way of morals only exist from religion.....

do you not get tried of that veil of religion between you and others?

why am i not selfish? i am....but i also and very generous in my love....i give it unconditionally....i am needy but i am not an energy vampire....i tend to take things as they come at me..which today is like an f4.....on steriods....

i never can figure out those who limit themselves to one person.....that seems so shallow and selfish to me

I can understand why you would - I am a different kind of a person - more on that later (maybe!)

I would act morally on for the reason to be able to function in society, if I didn't believe in God. Otherwise, it would be all about me and my base desires and wants (I used to live that way actually, and got away with it quite well.....)

I don't think religion (or, my Christianity) should be a divider between me and others. I love all other people. Why do you think of Christian's as being "excluding"?

Yeah I know what you mean. I am NOT a needy person at all. I can take people or leave them for the most part, but, I adore people! I think most people want to be accepted and loved, and, I do believe we should all be toward each other with open arms. Not vicious or mean. Not for morality but for our own enjoyment!

being religious does not determine my morals you are aware of that....and there are people who are not christian who are moral

I am altruistic and selfless, to a point. I am a generous, nice guy. And I do not believe in any religion. I consider myself a skeptical agnostic.

I am altruistic and selfless, to a point. I am a generous, nice guy. And I do not believe in any religion. I consider myself a skeptical agnostic.

Really? why be nice to others? Because it's the right thing to do? That's it?

Yep. If I do it out of fear of retribution or punishment, I am not really being nice or generous. I am being self-serving.

I also have a sense of empathy.

Yep. If I do it out of fear of retribution or punishment, I am not really being nice or generous. I am being self-serving.

Why do you care?
Is it an inborn trait to you believe?
Do you care more about others than yourself? Give an example.

Why do you care?

I didn't say I care about others more than myself. (except for my kids and my partner)

I think it is taught, but is also part of our innate social instincts.

Why do you care?

I didn't say I care about others more than myself. (except for my kids and my partner)

Not everyone has innate parental love.
do you read stories of mothers putting their babies in dumpsters etc.?
Our social instincts are for self-protection and survival (again, selfish....)

Why do you care?

If I am being nice to others to avoid incurring the wrath of God, is that not selfish as well?

Not everyone is nice. This is true. But that statement includes both Christians and nonbelievers.

Why do you care?

If I am being nice to others to avoid incurring the wrath of God, is that not selfish as well?

Not everyone is nice. This is true. But that statement includes both Christians and nonbelievers.

If you are a Christian, you are nice because you want to please God, not avoid His wrath.
When you love someone, you want to make them happy, correct?
A true Christian will have a heart for God, and thus, a heart for others.
Will the be selfish and mean from time to time. Certainly. But it won't be their normal MO.

Why do you care?

If you are a Christian, you are nice because you want to please God, not avoid His wrath.
Will the be selfish and mean from time to time. Certainly. But it won't be their normal MO.

I think many people are mean, not because they are naturally mean, but because they have been taught to fight for what they want and not show weakness. Society has taught them.

Why do you care?

I think many people are mean, not because they are naturally mean, but because they have been taught to fight for what they want and not show weakness. Society has taught them.

Not sure about "mean"... but selfish, I do think we are all naturally that.
A baby is born totally selfish.
Meanness comes from experience, I agree - but ultimately, we are all selfish by nature....

compassion is taught with or without christianity.....why do you assume due to not being christian that i dont have a goddess ....

I think non-Christian's can be more "Christian-like" then some "self professed" Christians.
I also think they can do for others, but, people, ultimately live for either God or themselves.....

Forum List

Back