Why Do People Believe in God?

The problem with your argument (aside from taking up such an offensive manner) is that most of science is based on things which we have never had evidence of.
Do you have even one example?

This could be why scientific advancements have slowed to almost a halt recently, . . .
You don't get out much, do you?

. . . because one side doesn't want to advance science and the scientific supporters have just decided to prove anything new one way or the other is not worth it because 'there is no evidence.'
Just making shit up? Neato!:thup2:

Most of our medical science was based on things which the only evidence they had was dead bodies.
I'm not so sure that this is precisely true, but it still certainly doesn't support the assertion that "most of science is based on things which we have never had evidence of."

Does it?

Our computer tech was all pipe dreams with no place to even start except gears and levers.
So?

Chemistry is dependent on exploring things without evidence because we can't see most of it.
Bold statement. Ever been to a chemsitry class?

Dismissing something just because there is no evidence is not the scientific method. True scientists do not dismiss anything until there is fact that denies it's existence, not the other way around for a reason.
Congradulations. You've finally hit the level of dumbfuck.

Have a fucking reminder from THE POST YOU'RE REPLYING TO:
"So you see KittenKoder, if you're suggesting that I'm saying God doesn't exist because there's no evidence of His existence, then you're just barking up the wrong fucking tree."​

Loki, you have proven to be Allies polar opposite now, just as fanatical and closed minded, and just as trollish. Continuing to take the offensive does not make you right, it makes you low classed.

Loki, you have proven to be Allies polar opposite now, . . .
I have no idea what you're talking about, and I really don't care.

. . . just as fanatical and closed minded, and just as trollish.
Just like every other run-of-the-mill dumbfuck; all accusation and no substantiation.

Continuing to take the offensive does not make you right, it makes you low classed.
Well, being wrong doesn't make you right, and neither does being a dumbfuck.

Time for you to come correct.

Just like every other run-of-the-mill dumbfuck; all accusation and no substantiation.

Yep, just a troll and very low classed.

You're starting to sound like a prick of Sunni Man and Charles Bass dimensions dude.

Might wanna slow your role or I could get ugly.

You're starting to sound like a prick of Sunni Man and Charles Bass dimensions dude.

Might wanna slow your role or I could get ugly.

The atheist version of Allie fits better, I think. Allie, if you read Loki's posts, that's how you look to me, just from the opposite angle.

Too late.

Listen cumstain, either (a) you're oblivious, or (b) you're so self absorbed that you don't know Sunni Man is the biggest Islamist racist on these boards, and Charles Bass is a closeted gay who rails against homosexuals.

Both are equally stupid.

But.....you've managed to surpass those dimensions.

Fuck off ya goddamn pedant, go please purists.

Listen cumstain, either (a) you're oblivious, or (b) you're so self absorbed that you don't know Sunni Man is the biggest Islamist racist on these boards, . . .
I'm neither Muslim or racist; making this fucktarded comparison meaningless.

. . . and Charles Bass is a closeted gay who rails against homosexuals.
I'm neither gay, or prejudiced against gays, making this fucktarded comparison meaningless.

Both are equally stupid.

But.....you've managed to surpass those dimensions.

Fuck off ya goddamn pedant, go please purists.
Oh. I see. Since I take issue with the fucktarded sensibilities of fucktards; and you and your fellow fucktards don't like your fucktarded sensibilities challenged, you're suggesting that I'm the stupid one for pointing out your fucktardedness for what it is.

Sorry about your fucktarded luck. Try to have a nice day anyway.:lol:

I'm neither Muslim or racist; making this fucktarded comparison meaningless.

I'm neither gay, or prejudiced against gays, making this fucktarded comparison meaningless.

Oh. I see. Since I take issue with the fucktarded sensibilities of fucktards; and you and your fellow fucktards don't like your fucktarded sensibilities challenged, you're suggesting that I'm the stupid one for pointing out your fucktardedness for what it is.

Sorry about your fucktarded luck. Try to have a nice day anyway.:lol:

Listen, ya low born polish gutter slut, I didn't say that you were Muslim, racist, gay, or prejudiced against gays, I said that you are as stupid, if not more so, as those that do. What, ya get your ability to read out of a box of Crackerjack?

Sorry about your fucked up luck motherfucker, you've gotta be one of the bigger helpings of stupid that I've seen in a while. Did your parents have any children that lived, or just you?

What? Didn't get enough love as a kid, so you tried to asphyxiate yourself through the bars of your crib?

Shows through in your posts prick. Chemical sterilization ought to be mandatory for you, you're too stupid to breed.

Listen, ya low born polish gutter slut, I didn't say that you were Muslim, racist, gay, or prejudiced against gays, . . .
Funny. I didn't say you did.

I said that you are as stupid, if not more so, as those that do.
Oh, I got that much.

What, ya get your ability to read out of a box of Crackerjack?
No, but apparently you did.

Sorry about your fucked up luck motherfucker, you've gotta be one of the bigger helpings of stupid that I've seen in a while. Did your parents have any children that lived, or just you?

What? Didn't get enough love as a kid, so you tried to asphyxiate yourself through the bars of your crib?

Shows through in your posts prick. Chemical sterilization ought to be mandatory for you, you're too stupid to breed.
You are the lolz, fucktard.

While you're sitting there in your mom's basement, defending your retarded friend's dumbass accusations, just be clear that she's the one who accused me of being a fanatical, close minded, low class troll because I insist upon verifiable evidence and/or valid logic as the validating criteria for my beliefs.

If you, and your dumbass fellows, don't like having your impenetrable dumb exposed for what it is, the solution is not to equate my illumination of your dumb with being bigoted or being stupid--the solution is to stop being dumb.

Loki, the primary reason that following or believing in something that has not yet been proven to exist is still valid is that scientists do as well, just in different terms. The air analogy is overdone so I won't use that one, but black holes are a great example so I shall use that. Before we could even see the 'void' in space that we call a black hole we knew they existed, we just had no understanding of them and they were based on myth not fact (myth created by sci-fi authors but widely accepted as 'highly possible' by science).
You are wrong. Black holes were theorized long before popularized by science fiction. It wasn't until it was proven that light is affected by gravity that a black hole could be considered seriously in science because it is the idea that gravity traps light that the idea of a black hole arises. The idea of a super-massive object like a black hole was not so much a controversy though. Please note a lesson here.. in science, something is not assumed unless there is sufficient evidence in support of it.

When we were able to start 'seeing' them then we had accepted their existance as fact, though there was still the one problem with them, they could not exist within the laws of science we had know. So with further study and test they finally figured out how they exist (it is within the laws of science) but now we don't know how they are created.
We do know how they are created. Certain stars with sufficient mass will collapse into a black hole when they undergo gravitation collapse (brought about when a star's fuel is spent to such a level that the star's internal pressure is insufficient to overcome it's gravity).

It is possible something intelligent created our world, maybe our galaxy, perhaps even the entire universe. This is not beyond science but only beyond our understanding of science. Through the definition of what a god is, if any intelligent hand played in the creation of our world it would be a god. The debate isn't the possibility of a god existing but if a god does actually exist.
There is no credible evidence in support of such a conjecture. Furthermore it is not even a useful conjecture because all you've done is raised the question of who created the creator. In other words, you've answered nothing while introducing magic.

The word supernatural does not mean impossible, it means beyond natural. Scientists are skeptics, but they are skeptics of ALL things, not just religious belief they also doubt their own theories. It's the only way to find truth, ask the question because without the question there is nothing to seek. As long as you are willing to ask the question and are prepared for the answer then you are being logical, the only ones that are wrong are the people not willing to ask the question and especially those not willing to hear the answer if it goes against their predefined belief. Science itself cannot grow without asking the impossible.

An example of what I am talking about, if you take a computer to the Dark Ages they will not ask you how, nor will they care about why, but will instead kill you for having magic (definition used is science that is not yet understood). The truly enlightened mind will put their beliefs aside and ask you about it, ask how you did it, and then learn from those answers altering their belief of what magic is and what science is to match this new information.
What do you think the odds are that one of these Dark Age cretins would be able to come up with an accurate conjecture (including ideas deemed magical to them) about how this computer was created and or operates?

Are you going to sit here with a straight face and tell me I should take whatever shit they come up with seriously? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back