Why Do Many People Say "WHY are you (your political affiliation) if you are not .."??

I'm sorry to upset you sweetheart. I hope you don't get the vapors.

HI, I am new and sorry if I didn't make sense in the title.

I was at a party last night and I try not to talk politics in mixed company but someone had brought it up.

The comment was "Why are you are Republican? You are not rich!"

Really?

How can someone have this misconception?

Is that what many people believe? Cause that is not true and not even remotely reasons for me fitting on the moderate part of that niche.

What is up with the stereotypes?

Sad face. :(

Well, as an often frustrated non-rich Republican, it always strikes me that the Rich are usually the one faction of the GOP that doesn't find itself frequently disappointed. Social conservatives, security conservatives, fiscal conservatives often find themselves pounding the table when the GOP fails to deliver on their issues.

The wealthy always get their tax cuts and their trade deals, though. And sometimes they get them when Democrats are in charge.

They serve as shortcuts to describe more complex things at best.

At worst they are used as bludgeons by NON thinking hate mongers or adoring grandmothers.

We are all not sterotypes although I would venture to bet that many of us are stereotypical in many respects.

For example, YES I own a pair of Berkenstocka sandles and YES, sterotypical of my ilk, I often wear them with socks.

And from that minor fashion characteristic some might imagine that they understand my every POV.

I was at a party last night and I try not to talk politics in mixed company but someone had brought it up.

Really?

Is that what many people believe? Cause that is not true and not even remotely reasons for me fitting on the moderate part of that niche.

Well, as an often frustrated non-rich Republican, it always strikes me that the Rich are usually the one faction of the GOP that doesn't find itself frequently disappointed. Social conservatives, security conservatives, fiscal conservatives often find themselves pounding the table when the GOP fails to deliver on their issues.

The wealthy always get their tax cuts and their trade deals, though. And sometimes they get them when Democrats are in charge.

That's not a surprise to anyone who has taken the time to examine the campaign contributions and lobbying activity of the movers and shakers with regards to BOTH parties.

It is the new meme off the fax machine.

There is some basic truth to the bottom of it. What Mark Twain called "Corn Pone" politics is the basis for all politics. "Check where a man is getting his corn pone, that is where he is getting his politics." Democrat minions believe that the only rational reason to vote for Republican politics is if in you are a millionaire. They baisicly reason
1) no rational person could disagree with me unless they were an evil corporate executive
2) that person is not an evil corporate executive.
3) that person is crazy.

That there are other logical steps they totally refuse to acknowledge.

Really?

Because liberals believe that only rich people are Republicans.

Really?

Because liberals believe that only rich people are Republicans.

Ironically, no one believes such nonsense more than rich liberals.

Forum List

Back