Why Do "Desperate Democrats" Strongly Appose Voter Photo I.D. Requirement For 2012 ?

This Just In From NBC News: President Obama has just signed into law the "Dead Democrats Voting Act". Beginning January 2012, All dead democrats are still eligible to vote. Joe Biden will figure out a way to get them to the polls on November 6th,2012.

are you this stupid in real life?

man, i hope not. i'd hate to think we're dealing with someone who's incapable of getting dressed in the morning.

:scared1:
President Obama Has His Panties In An Uproar Over Most States Requiring Photo I.D. Just To VOTE !! What a travesty!:disbelief:
Most fair minded Americans find this laughable.:lol: They will complain that,hey! I need an I.D. just to get a library card,or beer,dog license&going to court. You will likely see Democrats&Conservatives argue this issue on Fox News for a year. Staunch Obama supporters are enraged that you will need proper photo I.D. to vote for President. If Obama,Pelosi & Reid had their way, it would be LAWLESS !!, Hey, no I.D. No Problem, so long as you want to vote Democratic, it's not required. You can even bring your dogs&cats,they are already Registered! Illegal Alien? Convicted Murderer? Registered Sex Offender? No Problem !!:banana:

Now take this issue and reverse it as if the Republicans were the minority in a losing position.
How do you think 40 Democratic Governors would handle it? :eusa_naughty::talk2hand::bye1::woohoo::woohoo:

Imagination means nothing. It's about being an American in a free country. You are saying you want to turn this country into what? Not America.

In some states, 20% of blacks have no ID. They don't even have the money to buy one. Many elderly can't get their birth certificates. There has been 80 convictions for voter fraud in the last 300,000,000 votes cast. And considering what Republicans are obviously capable of, I wonder how many of those convictions were Republican?

This is an evil thing Republicans are doing. It's against everything this country stands for. If their ideas were good, they wouldn't need to cheat America. They could get votes on "merit".

They have become despicable. And only the despicable encourages such anti-American behavior. There is no way around it. No way to spin it. Trying to pretend that someone else MIGHT do it, isn't good enough. This is outright evil. No ifs, ands or buts. Evil!

I get it. Conservatives are all for ID for voting - I mean what is the worst thing that can happen if you vote? Tick the wrong box..

...ask them to get a licence for a pea shooter though - "Oh, no, the second amendment!! You can't do that"..

Morons...

Daily Kos: South Carolina GOP operative admits suppressing black vote is goal of voter ID law

Disenfranchising huge groups of people—African Americans—is thus "EXACTLY" why Republicans created this law, according to Wesley Donehue. Well, who's he? His LinkedIn profile tells us that he currently serves as Political Strategist at South Carolina Senate Republican Caucus, and is "a southern political operative who has run, worked on, or advised countless winning campaigns," who "helped establish Senator Jim DeMint’s massive Internet following," and "leads Internet efforts for Congressman Joe Wilson and many other candidates across the nation."

Thanks, Donehue, for so baldly stating the truth behind the GOP strategy. It'll provide even more evidence for the Justice Department to consider while reviewing the law.

THAT'S why.

President Obama Has His Panties In An Uproar Over Most States Requiring Photo I.D. Just To VOTE !! What a travesty!:disbelief:
Most fair minded Americans find this laughable.:lol: They will complain that,hey! I need an I.D. just to get a library card,or beer,dog license&going to court. You will likely see Democrats&Conservatives argue this issue on Fox News for a year. Staunch Obama supporters are enraged that you will need proper photo I.D. to vote for President. If Obama,Pelosi & Reid had their way, it would be LAWLESS !!, Hey, no I.D. No Problem, so long as you want to vote Democratic, it's not required. You can even bring your dogs&cats,they are already Registered! Illegal Alien? Convicted Murderer? Registered Sex Offender? No Problem !!:banana:

Now take this issue and reverse it as if the Republicans were the minority in a losing position.
How do you think 40 Democratic Governors would handle it? :eusa_naughty::talk2hand::bye1::woohoo::woohoo:

Um, I don't have a problem with requiring ID to vote (although that may be hard for our overseas servicepeople) but um, do you speak English as a first language? I noticed Naples as your location and if you're in Southern Italy, that would explain all the spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
Jus sayin'

Imagination means nothing. It's about being an American in a free country. You are saying you want to turn this country into what? Not America.

In some states, 20% of blacks have no ID. They don't even have the money to buy one. Many elderly can't get their birth certificates. There has been 80 convictions for voter fraud in the last 300,000,000 votes cast. And considering what Republicans are obviously capable of, I wonder how many of those convictions were Republican?

This is an evil thing Republicans are doing. It's against everything this country stands for. If their ideas were good, they wouldn't need to cheat America. They could get votes on "merit".

They have become despicable. And only the despicable encourages such anti-American behavior. There is no way around it. No way to spin it. Trying to pretend that someone else MIGHT do it, isn't good enough. This is outright evil. No ifs, ands or buts. Evil!
how do you explain the Democratic governor of Rhode Island and HIS voter ID law?

dipsht.

This Just In From NBC News: President Obama has just signed into law the "Dead Democrats Voting Act". Beginning January 2012, All dead democrats are still eligible to vote. Joe Biden will figure out a way to get them to the polls on November 6th,2012.

are you this stupid in real life?

man, i hope not. i'd hate to think we're dealing with someone who's incapable of getting dressed in the morning.

One of my best talents is my sense of humor. I have always wanted to write for any program like SNL and MADD TV, writing insane news stories is my signature talent. I am a cross between Jerry Stienfeld and Conan the Barbarian. {wait, didnt he take Jay Leno's place?}

The US Constitution places the rules of voting in the hands of the states. Have you ever actually SEEN the US Constitution.

Please don't mention the Constitution or States Rights. Say what you want about the Left and I will probably agree. But please - in the name of God - do not mention the Constitution.

The conservative Supreme Court intervened in the 2000 election when there was no federal question. The Florida Supreme court - which is the final arbiter of Florida election law - can decide to go beyond the safe harbor deadline if counting legal votes hangs in the balance. Indeed, many states submitted their final counts after the safe harbors deadline of 12/12, not least because congress doesn't meet until 1/6 to receive final results. The Florida Supreme court can also enforce the Florida election code which allows canvassing boards to default to voter intent (when clearly discernible) in situations where a voting machine cannot detect a vote.

Of all the Supreme Courts in history, the Rehnquist court defined itself in support of states rights and, ironically, against the equal protection law, which they never invoked. The use of Equal protection in Bush V. Gore was pure nonsense since nearly every county has different machines and standards. Not one election has ever or will ever meet the standard used by the Rehnquist court, which is why they said their decision was limited only to this case. Had a democratic supreme court intervened in Gore's brother's state to prevent a recount (especially if there were voting irregularities all over the state, and the final tally was within the margin where a candidate can seek a recount), the Right would have turned this into the crime of the century - and they would have been correct.

If you want to talk about ACORN and voter ID's, knock yourself out. I actually agree with some of your points. But please don't talk about the Constitution and state's rights until you are willing to defend these things when they yield outcomes you deeply oppose. The plain simple truth is that the current Republican Party believes in judicial activism and federal intervention when it involves a cause they care deeply about. Every time I hear someone on the right mention the Constitution or runaway federalism or judicial activism, I throw-up a little in my mouth.

Last edited:
The US Constitution places the rules of voting in the hands of the states. Have you ever actually SEEN the US Constitution.

Please don't mention the Constitution or States Rights. Say what you want about the Left and I will probably agree. But please - in the name of God - do not mention the Constitution.

The conservative Supreme Court intervened in the 2000 election when there was no federal question. The Florida Supreme court - which is the final arbiter of Florida election law - can decide to go beyond the safe harbor deadline if counting legal votes hangs in the balance. Indeed, many states submitted their final counts after the safe harbors deadline. The Florida Supreme court can also enforce the Florida election code which allows canvassing boards to default to voter intent (when clearly discernible) in situations where a voting machine cannot detect a vote.

Of all the Supreme Courts in history, the Rehnquist court defined itself in support of states rights and, ironically, against the equal protection law, which they never invoked. The use of Equal protection in Bush V. Gore was pure nonsense since nearly every county has different machines and standards. Not one election has ever or will ever meet the standard used by the Rehnquist court, which is why they said their decision was limited only to this case. Had a democratic supreme court intervened in Gore's brother's state to prevent a recount (especially if there were voting irregularities all over the state, and the final tally was within the margin where a candidate can seek a recount), the Right would have turned this into the crime of the century - and they would have been correct.

If you want to talk about ACORN and voter ID's, knock yourself out. I actually agree with some of your points. But please don't talk about the Constitution and state's rights until you are willing to defend these things when they yield outcomes you deeply oppose. The plain simple truth is that the current Republican Party believes in judicial activism and federal intervention when it involves a cause they care deeply about. Every time I hear someone on the right mention the Constitution or runaway federalism or judicial activism, I throw-up a little in my mouth.

factually incorrect, and not possible. The Supreme Court hears cases brought before it. It does not, and CANNOT arbitrarily intervene in a lower court case, until such case is brought before it and they decide to hear it.

In this case, the case was brought by George W. Bush and Richard Cheney, Petitioners v. Albert Gore, Jr. and Joseph Lieberman, et al.

factually incorrect, and not possible. The Supreme Court hears cases brought before it. It does not, and CANNOT arbitrarily intervene in a lower court case, until such case is brought before it and they decide to hear it.

Of course they can't intervene without someone bringing a case, but they don't take a case unless they believe there is a federal question - this is why they reject so many cases, because they don't find a federal question upon which to intervene in a lower decision. I'm suggesting that their decision to take the case amounts to worst kind of arbitrary intervention because the standards they applied were not only incoherent, but completely contrary to their judicial philosophy. Bush's own lawyers admitted that this was tremendous long shot, especially since this supreme court defined itself around leaving elections to the states.

Last edited:

how do you explain the Democratic governor of Rhode Island and HIS voter ID law?

dipsht.
the governor of rhode island is a lifelong Republican until he lost his republican primary in 2006. then he became an Independent. His father was a republican -us senator for years until he died.

just out of curiosity....why are you saying he's a democrat?

Personally, I support a national ID program. A single card with biometrics that proves who you are, that you are a citizen, drivers license, credit card, health card with all you records.......you could even plug it into your computer and vote from home

Voting Rights Act.

Section 5 of the Act requires that the United States Department of Justice, through an administrative procedure, or a three-judge panel of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, through a declaratory judgment action "preclear" any attempt to change “any voting qualification or prerequisite to voting, or standard, practice, or procedure with respect to voting..." in any "covered jurisdiction."[

Voting Rights Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would seem to me that even if a state passes such "qualification" laws they still must preclear them under the VRA before they are allowed to be put into practice. As to the "costs" of I.D.'s it would seem to me that many if not all states allow no cost ID's for those that cannot afford them and for Seniors and the disabled. I know that Arizona has such a provision at the MVD. Further, if someone in the year 2011 doesn't have a valid BC or is unable to obtain one, in many states there are alternate forms of ID that are allowed as well.
Any two of those

•Utility bill dated within 90 days of the date of the election. A utility bill may be for electric, gas, water, solid waste, sewer, telephone, cellular phone, or cable television
•Bank or credit union statement that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election
•Valid Arizona Vehicle Registration
•Indian census card
•Property tax statement of the person's residence
•Tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification
•Vehicle insurance card
•Valid United States federal, state, or local government issued identification
•Voter Registration Card / Recorder's Certification
•Any "Official Election Material" mailing bearing your name and address

Voter ID in Arizona - Identification Requirements for Voting in Arizona Elections

Again, if these ID law's are as many say they are, and indeed interfere with a person's right to vote then it WON'T get precleared under the VRA and will be struck down pretty quickly.

You want that document to go away..

You must be a democrat!

The conservative Supreme Court intervened in the 2000 election when there was no federal question.

Ah, you're a blatant liar - proving you're a democrat!

The Algore team petitioned the SCOTUS, stupid.

The Florida Supreme court - which is the final arbiter of Florida election law - can decide to go beyond the safe harbor deadline if counting legal votes hangs in the balance.

SCOFLA violated the Florida constitution, and by extension the US Constitution.

Indeed, many states submitted their final counts after the safe harbors deadline of 12/12, not least because congress doesn't meet until 1/6 to receive final results. The Florida Supreme court can also enforce the Florida election code which allows canvassing boards to default to voter intent (when clearly discernible) in situations where a voting machine cannot detect a vote.

Having rulers simply decide what the votes mean violates the Florida constitution.

One of the main differences between the left and the right is that the the right supports the rule of law, where the left wants the rule of man. You demand that the democratic party simply declare who wins elections, regardless of law.

In the cased of Gore v Harris, the law prevailed and the rule of man failed.

Of all the Supreme Courts in history, the Rehnquist court defined itself in support of states rights and, ironically, against the equal protection law,

Partisan bullshit.

which they never invoked. The use of Equal protection in Bush V. Gore was pure nonsense since nearly every county has different machines and standards.

When that was addressed through the use of standardized machines, you of the fascist left screamed about blue haired women at the polls secretly flashing the BIOS of the Diebold machines to make Republicans win.

The fact is, you demand that democrats win - period. Machines, no machines, laws, no laws - you demand that the democrat be declared the winner, the vote and the count is theater, the democrat wins by declaration.

Not one election has ever or will ever meet the standard used by the Rehnquist court, which is why they said their decision was limited only to this case. Had a democratic supreme court intervened in Gore's brother's state to prevent a recount (especially if there were voting irregularities all over the state, and the final tally was within the margin where a candidate can seek a recount), the Right would have turned this into the crime of the century - and they would have been correct.

Yawn

You tried to steal an election, you failed.

If you want to talk about ACORN and voter ID's, knock yourself out. I actually agree with some of your points. But please don't talk about the Constitution and state's rights until you are willing to defend these things when they yield outcomes you deeply oppose.

I defend the rule of law. You support your party.

The plain simple truth is that the current Republican Party believes in judicial activism and federal intervention when it involves a cause they care deeply about.

Bullshit, but I'm not a Republican.

Every time I hear someone on the right mention the Constitution or runaway federalism or judicial activism, I throw-up a little in my mouth.

That's because you are a partisan hack who opposes the rule of law.

The conservative Supreme Court intervened in the 2000 election when there was no federal question.

Ah, you're a blatant liar - proving you're a democrat!

The Algore team petitioned the SCOTUS, stupid.

Actually, as I already showed earlier, the petition to the SCOTUS was brought by the Bush Cheney team.

If you're going to call someone stupid (not that he isn't, btw) you should at least make sure what you are saying is factually accurate.

dipsht.
the governor of rhode island is a lifelong Republican until he lost his republican primary in 2006. then he became an Independent. His father was a republican -us senator for years until he died.

just out of curiosity....why are you saying he's a democrat?
my mistake, thanks for pointing it out nicely.

He is an independent, but the idea for the law originated and passed a democratically controlled legislature.

Forum List

Back