Why do Democrats want smoking banned everywhere? 2nd hand smoke is NOT addicting

I am a Democrat- and I don't want cigarette smoking banned everywhere.

But man was I happy when we banned smoking in restaurants.

In general- cigarette smoking bans are based upon the health issues of inhaling second hand smoke- nothing about addiction.

Why do you think it is okay to have kids inhaling second hand smoke?
I'm a smoker, my son has never seen me smoke a cigarette. 1. I DON'T want him inhaling second hand smoke. 2. I don't even want him to see me doing it! bad example!
That's awesome, you hide your true self from your kids.

Color me surprised.
Well he's a toddler so yaaa! I don't sit and smoke around him :asshole:
Did you smoke whilst pregnant?
Of course she did.
No.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone being addicted to 2nd hand smoke?

If 2nd hand smoke is bad for you, and nicotine is the most addictive drug on earth, why are people addicted to 2nd hand smoke?

Smoking should only be allowed by high ranking members of the Democrat party.

It's all about control… Progressives can't tolerate anybody that disagrees with them…
If you want to smoke that's fine, I am a smoker too. But no one needs to be forcing others to smoke with them. Smoke outside, in your car, in your house, whatever... Not in public buildings!
I don't smoke, or drink but at the same time I don't want to tell anyone else what to do on their own time and with their own body or tell them what their opinion should be… I guess it's the libertarian and me.
Good for you

So you agree people shouldn't force their smoke onto others
Should be up to the establishment if they want a smoke free environment or not, it's easy to post a sign. But politically correct fuck ups should not be Determining what private business does.

I agree with your smoking statement, but allowing private business a 100% free hand is not anywhere close to a good idea.
A private business should have 100% control over whether they want to smoke-free establishment or not, anything else is communist…

So disgusting that Obama is a POS smoker.

I frankly gave up on being offended by people who smoke- so long as they are respectful of my space and my air.

Shame you judge people based upon whether they smoke or not- but then again- not a surprise.
I don't care if you smoke....its your problem

Just keep your stink to yourself

If you want to smoke that's fine, I am a smoker too. But no one needs to be forcing others to smoke with them. Smoke outside, in your car, in your house, whatever... Not in public buildings!
I don't smoke, or drink but at the same time I don't want to tell anyone else what to do on their own time and with their own body or tell them what their opinion should be… I guess it's the libertarian and me.
Good for you

Should be up to the establishment if they want a smoke free environment or not, it's easy to post a sign. But politically correct fuck ups should not be Determining what private business does.

I agree with your smoking statement, but allowing private business a 100% free hand is not anywhere close to a good idea.
A private business should have 100% control over whether they want to smoke-free establishment or not, anything else is communist…
No such thing as a private business. You serve the public you are subject to local rules and regulations.

Rush Limbaugh used to say that smoking was good because all the people who died young wouldn't be financial burden on Social Security and Medicare.

He don't think he was joking.

If 2nd hand smoke is bad for you, and nicotine is the most addictive drug on earth, why are people addicted to 2nd hand smoke?
It's all about control… Progressives can't tolerate anybody that disagrees with them…

Is that why you're pro-choice on abortion? lol

Good for you

No such thing as a private business. You serve the public you are subject to local rules and regulations.
Fuck that, it's a private business for reason if the government runs everything it's no longer your business is it? To hell with the fucking politically correct asswipes.

Abortion should be a states issue... as far as the federal government is concerned anyone can have an abortion for any reason at any time, it's none of their business.

Good for you

Fuck that, it's a private business for reason if the government runs everything it's no longer your business is it? To hell with the fucking politically correct asswipes.
It is not a private business if you invite the public in.

Abortion should be a states issue... as far as the federal government is concerned anyone can have an abortion for any reason at any time, it's none of their business.
so some states can oppress women's rights, and some can't? Take a hike.

The collective never works for the good of the people

"land of the free home of the brave"
we should have no standards for human decency.
Women, minorities, homosexuals... anyone that's not a straight, white, male, can just travel around until they find a nice little liberal city where they aren't discriminated against. White men can just continue to rule the world and live freely and unharassed wherever they'd like.

Brilliant. You republicans really have become brilliant.

Ah those mother fucking liberal hypocrite non-thinking bastards. You know, the thought police want everyone to conform to their "tolerance", and if you don't they will shame, complain and punish like the bitches they've become.

The fucking beauty of their lying, disgusting, short-sighted & inconsistent ways is the primary users of tobacco are................ready...............Poor to low middle class liberals.......That's right, the poor to low middle class the liberals CLAIM to stand for. So what do the assholes do for the poor to low middle class liberals? They apply an unfair "sin" tax to ensure they're even poorer.

Nobody quits smoking because of the cost mother fuckers, and how is it "drugs should be legal" while "penalize the fuck out of the smoker"?

Studies have found that repeated exposure via inhalation of the smoke of cigarettes, cigars and pipes, does cause lung cancer. If you wish to continue your addiction, by all mean do so, but do it in the privacy of your own home and if you have children and care about their health, don't smoke around them. For that matter, you are their role model and if they see you smoking, they will have a greater chance of becoming smokers than the children of non-smoking parents. Even as a smoker who would advise your children not to smoke, they still look up to you as a role model and will thus probably act on what they see you doing, not what you say.
Blaming the Victim

If the oncologists aren't smart enough to cure cancer, why are we led to believe they're smart enough to know what causes it? They are childish escapist nerds who don't earn a living until they are 30 years old; besides their failure to do the job, there's no reason we should respect such people anyway.

Ah those mother fucking liberal hypocrite non-thinking bastards. You know, the thought police want everyone to conform to their "tolerance", and if you don't they will shame, complain and punish like the bitches they've become.

The fucking beauty of their lying, disgusting, short-sighted & inconsistent ways is the primary users of tobacco are................ready...............Poor to low middle class liberals.......That's right, the poor to low middle class the liberals CLAIM to stand for. So what do the assholes do for the poor to low middle class liberals? They apply an unfair "sin" tax to ensure they're even poorer.

Nobody quits smoking because of the cost mother fuckers, and how is it "drugs should be legal" while "penalize the fuck out of the smoker"?
I'm sure you had a point in there, but it is painfully hard to find searching through all of your emotional nonsense. Triggered?

"land of the free home of the brave"
we should have no standards for human decency.
Women, minorities, homosexuals... anyone that's not a straight, white, male, can just travel around until they find a nice little liberal city where they aren't discriminated against. White men can just continue to rule the world and live freely and unharassed wherever they'd like.

Brilliant. You republicans really have become brilliant.
There's nothing fair about a progressive collective, in fact all the dictators of history have come from it.

By the way I'm a libertarian not a Republican

Because they want to rub the tobacco industry out of existence, and their farms made into public property so they can camp there, shit on the ground and grow weed, without ever having to work, save, or work. Did I say so they could enjoy land they could never afford because of their aversion to work?

Smoking bans are bipartisan.
What America Needs Is an Ambidextrous Guillotine

Despite media presentations, the ruling class stands united against all the rest of us.

Forum List

Back