Why do Democrats care more about Khashoggi than they did about Mollie Tibbetts?

Mollie Tibbets was not targeted for murder because she criticized someone in power

Who cares......for a thousand, Alex.

The OP cares
He asked why there is not the same level of outrage over Mollie Tibbets

People get outraged over abuse of power by a government. When it includes kidnap, torture and murder......it becomes international news

The murderer of Mollie Tibbets was captured and will face decades in prison

It looks like those who ordered the killing of Khashoggi will get off Scott free......hence the outrage

No worries, the murderers got away with killing four US citizens in benghazi. Again, the lefts unrighteous indignation falls on deaf ears.

Libyan militia leader gets 22-year sentence in Benghazi attacks that killed ...

Accused Benghazi ringleader convicted on terrorism charges in 2012 attacks that killed U.S. ambassador

Mollie Tibbets was not targeted for murder because she criticized someone in power

Okay, I think I’m getting it now...so it’s not the life lost that has you concerned? It’s a bunch of weird trivial shit surrounding the murder that has you super spun up?

No, we are concerned with justice

In Mollie Tibbets case, the murderer was caught and Justice was served.

In Khashoggis situation, it does not appear to be the case
Enforcing justice in Saudi Arabia is not the proper function of our government, shit for brains.

The OP cares

People get outraged over abuse of power by a government. When it includes kidnap, torture and murder......it becomes international news

It looks like those who ordered the killing of Khashoggi will get off Scott free......hence the outrage
Those that ordered it are most likely in Riyhad, please make all inquiries and protests there.
I am sure they will promptly deal with your outrage.
Which is what we want done

Make Riyhad pay for its abuses
Feel free to go to Saudi Arabia and make them pay.

The Liberal media and Democrats are calling for Saudi heads....they’re absolutely livid and outraged about this FOREIGNERS death which happened on FOREIGN soil.
Remember, the Tibbetts murder couldn’t be swept under the rug fast enough by the same groups. Weird huh?
I hope Republican politicians running for office are paying attention and adding shit like this to their campaign narratives.
Tibbets was a tragedy for a family.
Kashoggi is a tragedy for the nation.

WTF....haha, are you serious?
That’s the spin?
You sure you want to roll with that shit?
Freedom of the press is vital to a free country.

Yes, I know you don't really want a free country but the rest of us do.

Saudi Arabia doesn’t have a free press.

What are you talking about?

You are trying to characterize this situation as though Trump had an American journalist murdered on American soil.

Just stop it.

This is a Saudi National who supported Bin Ladin and fell out of favor with the Saudi Royal family. Shit happens in Islamic Theocracies.

You are dealing in emotion rather than facts,

Conservatives mount a whisper campaign smearing Khashoggi in defense of Trump

Okay, I think I’m getting it now...so it’s not the life lost that has you concerned? It’s a bunch of weird trivial shit surrounding the murder that has you super spun up?

Okay cool...so this happened in Turkey...a foreigner was killed in a foreign territory. Ummm, doesn’t that happen daily? Are we suppose to get all spun up now on foreign murders and how justice will be served in all foreign cases?
Seems like we ought to focus more on justice for Mollie by taking action to prevent that from EVER happening again...no?

Last edited:
The Liberal media and Democrats are calling for Saudi heads....they’re absolutely livid and outraged about this FOREIGNERS death which happened on FOREIGN soil.
Remember, the Tibbetts murder couldn’t be swept under the rug fast enough by the same groups. Weird huh?
I hope Republican politicians running for office are paying attention and adding shit like this to their campaign narratives.

That’s the spin?

Saudi Arabia doesn’t have a free press.

What are you talking about?

You are trying to characterize this situation as though Trump had an American journalist murdered on American soil.

Just stop it.

This is a Saudi National who supported Bin Ladin and fell out of favor with the Saudi Royal family. Shit happens in Islamic Theocracies.

You are dealing in emotion rather than facts,

Conservatives mount a whisper campaign smearing Khashoggi in defense of Trump

So he wasn’t a friend of Bin Ladins and he didn’t cry when Bin Ladin died and he wasn’t close to the Saudi Royal family?

Amazing.

The OP cares

Those that ordered it are most likely in Riyhad, please make all inquiries and protests there.

Again....wrong. The left never cared about the abuses at benghazi. Faux outrage.....noted and then laughed at.

Enforcing justice in Saudi Arabia is not the proper function of our government, shit for brains.
Actually to a degree it is. When a nation violates another nations laws and territory by kidnapping and murdering some one in a consulate, it sets a precedent for future actions if nothing is done. Kashoggi was a legal US resident who's children are US citizens. He was a dissudent and a journalist. As a nation we have typically opposed killing and jailing political dissidents and imposed sanctions, or ither actions. Now, under the Trump regime, we instead smear the victim and reward the agresser.

The OP cares

No worries, the murderers got away with killing four US citizens in benghazi. Again, the lefts unrighteous indignation falls on deaf ears.

Accused Benghazi ringleader convicted on terrorism charges in 2012 attacks that killed U.S. ambassador

He wasnt convicted of their murders.

Nobody says it is

But deciding who we trade with is a function of government

The OP cares

Again....wrong. The left never cared about the abuses at benghazi. Faux outrage.....noted and then laughed at.
Again wrong. We cared very much. We wanted to know what happened, could it have been prevented was anyone criminally responsibke and most important, how can it be prevented in the future.

That isnt what the right cared about. All they cared about was how to use it as a political attack. You think I am wrong? Compare the degree of attention and politicizing spent on Benghazi and the amount soent on the embassy/consular attacks under Bush. At that time, we were unified in outrage and the investigstions were not politically motivated.

The OP cares

Actually it was Republicans who diverted attention away from a terrorist attack on our embassy into a political witch hunt that lasted for years

What are you snorting?
The parents of Mollie Tibbetts took to the mic and said they would not allow their daughter's murder to be politicized.
THEY turned the media away.
So tell us how Fox or Alex Jones twisted that for your consumption, idiot.

The OP cares

He wasnt convicted of their murders.
Becsuse he did not personally do them. He was however convicted in OUR courts for his role. And that is good dont you think? Or are you going to split hairs?

That’s the spin?

then i missed your outrage at obama shutting it down at times.

it sets a precedent for future actions if nothing is done. Kashoggi was a legal US resident who's children are US citizens. He was a dissudent and a journalist. As a nation we have typically opposed killing and jailing political dissidents and imposed sanctions, or ither actions. Now, under the Trump regime, we instead smear the victim and reward the agresser.

If President Trump abdicated in favor of the liberals this morning, no one would care about Khashoggi on Monday.

This is all about trying to embarrass the President, not because any liberal gives a shit about this character one way or another.

You didn't hear anything about the Norks and US resident and citizen Otto Warmbier during the Obama Regime. Obama didn't care less, and figured it was Un's business.

Mollie Tibbets was the victim of a crime. Thousands of Americans are murdered every year, most dont even recieve a mention. Against her families wishes, the right politicized her case to fuel their anti-immigrant crusade. They dont care about her murder. To them she is a political rallying point.

Agree
The outrage has subsided because the man who did it will face justice
Republicans have used her murder to generate fear and hatred against illegal immigrants

Forum List

Back