Why do authoritarian people like Military Science Fiction?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
What is so fun about spaceships and blowing up planets? Do they dream of world domination with robot and clone armies?

Well, I know why liberals don't......it unites humanity against a common foe.....so I get why they don't like it.....they need division.

What is so fun about spaceships and blowing up planets? Do they dream of world domination with robot and clone armies?

Generic power fantasies. Its pretty much a sci-fi version of what Bushmaster tries to sell you.

The Ego is ever hungry.

Generic power fantasies. Its pretty much a sci-fi version of what Bushmaster tries to sell you.

The Ego is ever hungry.
I have a Mushbaster full auto spitwad gun that I'm gonna take over the world with....... :rolleyes:

Dude.....power fantasies are power fantasies.

bushmaster-man-card-banner.jpg
Bushmaster sells them to people. That some of those folks don't get their being marketed pure Ego doesn't change the fact that they are.

Superhero movies are power fantasies. Jason Boerne movies are power fantasies. They sell Ego. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with it....as long as you realize what you're being sold.

The Ego is ever hungry.
I have a Mushbaster full auto spitwad gun that I'm gonna take over the world with....... :rolleyes:

Bushmaster sells them to people. That some of those folks don't get their being marketed pure Ego doesn't change the fact that they are.

Superhero movies are power fantasies. Jason Boerne movies are power fantasies. They sell Ego. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with it....as long as you realize what you're being sold.
Entertainment? :eusa_whistle:

I'm still going to take over the world, Pinky!!!

The Ego is ever hungry.

You're being sold power fantasies. To get you to buy movies.....or books....or guns. Just be aware of what you're being sold. Maybe ask yourself why it works for you, on occasion.

A little self awareness never hurt anyone.

The Ego is ever hungry.

You're being sold power fantasies. To get you to buy movies.....or books....or guns. Just be aware of what you're being sold. Maybe ask yourself why it works for you, on occasion.

A little self awareness never hurt anyone.
Watching movies for free on the internet, getting me to buy books I'm not interested in or guns because I'm power mad is the result? Any other delusions you wish to share Dr Freud?

Forum List

Back