Why do Americans glorify their soldiers?

You are a foreigner, your use of the English language is a fucking tragedy.
Get back to me after you've learnt to link your sources.

The real reason you glorify your soldiers is to assuage your guilt at the war crimes they commit in your name, as there is no draft, so letting you escape the dirty work.

verb

-fies, -fying, -fied (transitive)
  1. to make glorious
  2. to make more splendid; adorn
  3. to worship, exalt, or adore
  4. to extol
  5. to cause to seem more splendid or imposing than reality
Definition of glorified Collins English Dictionary
Why do you glorify a traitor of a president?

Wrong, moron. It only reiterates and insists upon your impotent and irrelevant bias, you presumptuous prick.
Next you'll tell me that the invasion of Iraq was legal and not in fact the ultimate war crime of the initiation of aggressive warfare, as noted by the Nuremberg Tribunal, arse drippings. That's why you have to glorify your soldiers, because you can't admit to yourself what the whole world knows.

Last edited:
Your butthurt is not proof.
No, the proof is the UN Charter, the Nuremberg Principles, the declaration by the SecGen of the UN of the illegality of the Iraq invasion and the necessary lowering of recruiting standards as replacement criminals became hard to find. All this required US soldiers to be glorified by those sitting safe while their dirty work was done for them.

You are a foreigner, your use of the English language is a fucking tragedy.
Get back to me after you've learnt to link your sources.

The real reason you glorify your soldiers is to assuage your guilt at the war crimes they commit in your name, as there is no draft, so letting you escape the dirty work.

verb

-fies, -fying, -fied (transitive)
  1. to make glorious
  2. to make more splendid; adorn
  3. to worship, exalt, or adore
  4. to extol
  5. to cause to seem more splendid or imposing than reality
Definition of glorified Collins English Dictionary

Learned vs. learnt
Learned is the more common past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Learnt is a variant especially common outside North America. In British writing, for instance, it appears about once for every three instances of learned. In the U.S. and Canada, meanwhile, learnt appears only once for approximately every 500 instances of learned, and it’s generally considered colloquial.

Writers throughout the English-speaking world use learned as the adjective meaning possessing broad, profound knowledge. Incidentally, this sense of learned is pronounced with two syllables: LUR-ned. As a verb and in normal past-participial use, learned is one syllable.
Learned vs. learnt - Grammarist

Like I said, your use of the English language is a tragedy.

You keep insisting we glorify(your words not any of ours) our soldiers.

You then go on to imply we do this because we let others do the war mongering, which you characterize as "dirty work", and that we fell guilty because they commit war crimes(none of which you can name, link, or validate).

You are a foreigner with an axe to grind .................

What happened did your woman dump your ignorant worthless ass for some service man??

Would you rather they be like your Islamic warriors who hide behind women and use innocent children to do your dick sucking Mohammed's work??

You are easily seen through and your butthurt is quite obvious.

You slaughter the English language and then when explained so even the most stupid of camel fuckers can understand you continue on your undaunted path of insult and abuse to our soldiers and the American people in general.

I always was surprised why Americans glorify their soldiers like they do. I don't mean honorable WW2 veterans or something I mean regular soldiers. I don't get why every soldier is supposed to be a hero. Serving your country as a soldier doesn't automatically make you a hero or anything like that. You have to earn those things like called being a hero or a respected person. This whole glorification of soldiers sounds for me like a cult. I just don't get it.
What is wrong with you???

As opposed to the countries that don't? :)

Don't other countries glorify their soldiers? You can't drive a mile in the country formerly known as England without seeing a glorious statue to some forgotten hero. I have to admit that England has reversed it's standards about knighthood though. They used to award it to military heroes and now they bestow the honor on homosexual piano players.

I always was surprised why Americans glorify their soldiers like they do. I don't mean honorable WW2 veterans or something I mean regular soldiers. I don't get why every soldier is supposed to be a hero. Serving your country as a soldier doesn't automatically make you a hero or anything like that. You have to earn those things like called being a hero or a respected person. This whole glorification of soldiers sounds for me like a cult. I just don't get it.
What is wrong with you???
I don't really agree with your characterization. But I am really tired of hearing the now obligatory "Thank you for your service" , a phrase that is used gratuitously, whether you served in Iraq and Afghanistan, or as a Pentagon pencil grinder.

Because a regular old run of the mill American soldier... can FUCK a WHOLE BUNCH OF SHIT UP like no soldier of the lesser nations of the world could ever dream of. :thup:
What makes a US soldier more effective than soldiers of "lesser nations"?
Hmm training, equipment, weaponry, supply line, vehicles, military intelligence, technology... I'm sure there are more that's just off the top of my head. :thup:

Because a regular old run of the mill American soldier... can FUCK a WHOLE BUNCH OF SHIT UP like no soldier of the lesser nations of the world could ever dream of. :thup:
Hmm training, equipment, weaponry, supply line, vehicles, military intelligence, technology... I'm sure there are more that's just off the top of my head. :thup:
Really? When did the US fought a war that was not against an already weakened country? I mean, you cannot say, you are superior because the Iraqi army were beaten in 2003.

Really? When did the US fought a war that was not against an already weakened country? I mean, you cannot say, you are superior because the Iraqi army were beaten in 2003.
Please refer back to my first post.

OK
US soldier with rifle vs non-US soldier with rifle.
Advantages of the US soldier: none, does not even know why he is here to fight the non-US soldier.
Advantages of non-US soldier: has high fighting spirit as he defends his country.

OK
Advantages of the US soldier: none, does not even know why he is here to fight the non-US soldier.
Advantages of non-US soldier: has high fighting spirit as he defends his country.

captain blei-----you never met a US soldier-----maybe a few when you were younger and lots were stationed in Germany------

OK
The U.S. Soldier would have a better and more reliable rifle, better armor, better equipment, better training... and he would never be alone.

Most of my Paternal male relatives served in WWII and Korea. Heck, even my MOTHER was a Army nurse. These people aren't like plumbers or meter maids, they risk their lives. Why don't we glorify accountants or CEO's? I don't know what you do, but do you put your life on the line? Only Police or Firefighters can compare and we need to respect that. Glorify? Hard to Glorify shipping clerks or programmers. So what IS the big deal here?

OK

captain blei-----you never met a US soldier-----maybe a few when you were younger and lots were stationed in Germany------
You don´t know anything about me so keep your universal knowledge silent.

OK
The U.S. Soldier would have a better and more reliable rifle, better armor, better equipment, better training... and he would never be alone.
Nope. Cheap plastic rifle, no armor, standard equipment, standard training. We are not talking about special forces.

Forum List

Back