Why Did My Friends Die in Iraq?

Gosh, a whole nest of scumbags! Explains why America is having so many problems.
How dare we use money to defend our women and children when we could be giving it to stoned lazy-ass welfare recipients!
How many of "our women and children" have we saved by murdering, maiming, and displacing millions of innocent women and children and others, from Korea to Kandahar, since 1945?

"Stoned lazy-ass welfare recipients" would be a more ethical choice than p$ychotic baby-killing thieve$, IMHO:

"Linda Woodford spent the last 15 years of her career inserting phony numbers in the U.S. Department of Defense's accounts.

"Every month until she retired in 2011, she says, the day came when the Navy would start dumping numbers on the Cleveland, Ohio, office of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, the Pentagon's main accounting agency.

"Using the data they received, Woodford and her fellow DFAS accountants there set about preparing monthly reports to square the Navy's books with the U.S. Treasury's - a balancing-the-checkbook maneuver required of all the military services and other Pentagon agencies.

"And every month, they encountered the same problem.

"Numbers were missing.

"Numbers were clearly wrong.

"Numbers came with no explanation of how the money had been spent or which congressional appropriation it came from. 'A lot of times there were issues of numbers being inaccurate,' Woodford says. 'We didn't have the detail … for a lot of it.'"

"The data flooded in just two days before deadline..."

Special Report: The Pentagon's doctored ledgers conceal epic waste | Reuters

It is unfortunate that many Americans are against cutting defense...and so many Americans are against cutting non-defense programs.

The waste by this huge omnipresent government is EPIC in all it's programs, most of which are entirely ineffective, but does grow government and buys votes.

This from the Daily Caller....

Coburn, a medical doctor by trade, begins with Medicaid, highlighting that when the program was at its inception in 1966, it cost $800 million and had an enrollment of 4 million people. In 2012, Medicaid spent $250.5 billion on 55.6 million people — a cost increase of 31,212.5 percent and enrollment increase of 1,290 percent over 46 years.

Likewise, according to Coburn’s report, the various aspects of Medicare have skyrocketed in cost and enrollments. In 1967, the program spent $2.8 billion; in 2012, it spent $471.8 billion — a 16,750 percent increase in cost in 45 years. From 1966 to 2010, the enrollees in Medicare Part A, B and C increased by 149.2 percent, 148.9 percent and 807.9 percent, respectively; and from 1974 to 2008, the number of End Stage Renal Disease enrollees increased by 4,022 percent.

Defense health programs have also been party to the increases, the report continues, with defense health programs in 1980 spending $3.7 billion, compared to $53.5 billion in 2012 — a 134.9 percent increase in 32 years. And from 1995 to 2011, the number of eligible enrollees in TRICARE increased about 17 percent — from 8.3 million to 9.7 million.

Medical care for veterans also increased from $1.1 billion in 1962 to $50.6 billion in 2012 — an increase in 4,500 percent in 50 years.

Other health-care programs, like the Indian Health Service and State Children’s Health Insurance Program, also adhered to the upward trend — increasing 155.3 percent in enrollment in 43 years and 163.6 percent in 11 years respectively.
Coburn: Medicaid cost has gone up 31,212 percent in 46 years | The Daily Caller

The Daily Caller? lol

Anyway, I served and I believe EVERYTHING should be on the table to get this great nation's balance sheet in order. EVERYTHING!

The Daily Caller? lol

Anyway, I served and I believe EVERYTHING should be on the table to get this great nation's balance sheet in order. EVERYTHING!

What is funny about the Daily Caller?

Do you dispute the findings outlined in the article and by Senator Coburn?

The Daily Caller? lol

What is funny about the Daily Caller?

Do you dispute the findings outlined in the article and by Senator Coburn?

Age-old loser tactic... If you can't attack the facts, attack the source.

dimocraps are famous for that shit. Like little children

Sacrificing yourself for a bullshit or non-existent reason is sad and unnecessary. But it does seem kinda of a stupid thing to do.

Stupid is disrespecting your betters.

Stupid is joining an unjust war.

You are a traitorous cocksucker.

How about if during WWII, millions of men decided not to fight the Germans?

What did they ever do to us? And the Japanese? All they did was sink a few ships and kill a few Americans..... Fewer than were killed on 9/11, BTW.

And most the people killed in the attack on Pearl harbor were Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines.... Fighters.

I'm not aware of any Fighters being attacked and killed on 9/11. I saw some civilians jumping to their deaths from a thousand feet. But no Soldiers.

jumper5.jpg

JumperComp.jpg

You are a traitorous, gutless, cocksucker of a coward.

Talk that shit around me and you'll be picking teeth out of your mouth for a Month.

suck a glock, bitch

How does our once great Country produce cowardly, gutless, scum-sucking, cocksucking traitors like this?

Why did we invade Iraq?

114942569.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Even if you're able to forgive bush and his cronies for putting us so deeply in debt that it will take generations to dig us out, the wanton and needless killing and maiming of so many Americans and others is just unforgivable.

Especially since vets ow have to keep fighting for every little crumb they get.

The answer to why your friends died in Iraq might be better understood by using a hypothetical analogy.

Your absolute worst enemy in the world, one who'd tried killing you in the past, moved next door and they boasted of building high explosive I.E.D.'s in their apartment capable of blowing up the entire block.

You take the necessary self defense measures of calling the police. But their actions can not assure you that the evil neighbor isn't capable or likely to blow up you and your family at least.

After you've done all you can do diplomatically, you warn the neighbor to do SOMETHING to ease the sense of threat you feel from him.

You give him two weeks.

He does nothing to lessen the threat or ease your fears.

What is left to you to do?

"Why Did My Friends Die in Iraq?"

#####

Because they joined the military voluntarily.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

On the govt man's military payroll...then it's off to Iraq war for you...the govt man chooses your fate.

Iraq/Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. But you knew that already.

Who said he did?

He was trying to convince the world that he had WMDs. Especially Iran.

There was a three-hour documentary on the FBI Agent who debriefed Saddam for Months before he was finally hanged.

Saddam came right and said that he feared the Iranians more than he feared the USA and that if the Iranians thought he had WMDs that they wouldn't invade.

They wouldn't invade because they knew, for a fucking FACT, that Saddam would nuke them into the Stone Age if he had them. And they weren't going to take that chance.

In fact, when Iraq was in the final stages of losing the '03 War, his top Generals called him and asked for Saddam to release control of the WMDs to them.

They were shocked when he told them he didn't have any.

It was a ruse. A good one. A very good one.

And it was at a time when we couldn't afford to take the chance.

Saddam was an idiot. A murdering idiot who had used WMDs against his own people at one time.

ANd if he really did have WMDs, we couldn't take the chance of him getting one into the hands of al Qaeda or another terrorist group willing to use them.

Remember something, Saddam had the BALLS to send an actual Hit Team to assassinate George H W Bush.

They got caught in Kuwait but still..... Can you imagine if China sent a Hit Team, an assassination squad, to kill obama?

Well, okay... Not a good comparison.... But think about if they sent someone to assassinate a decent president.

Dewd, I got a newsflash for you.... THAT is an Act of War. Period.

I know I've given you more information in this little post than you've ever had on the topic.

I also know that you'll ignore it.

Because you're a dimocrap. Which requires stupidity.

And you've got that in spades.

Grow up. Stop being so fucking stupid

Gosh, a whole nest of scumbags! Explains why America is having so many problems.

How dare we use money to defend our women and children when we could be giving it to stoned lazy-ass welfare recipients!
How did our invasion and occupation of a militarily crippled, non-provocative, non-hostile nation like Iraq serve to defend our women and children? Iraq was barely able to defend itself.

Even if what you've suggested were the chosen reality, wouldn't you rather fund the "stoned, lazy-ass welfare recipients" than fund what amounts to the wholly unnecessary killing and maiming of thousands of American troopers?

Take your pick.

1) You don't have any friends....so your post is moot.

Why did we invade Iraq?

114942569.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Even if you're able to forgive bush and his cronies for putting us so deeply in debt that it will take generations to dig us out, the wanton and needless killing and maiming of so many Americans and others is just unforgivable.

Especially since vets ow have to keep fighting for every little crumb they get.

Iraq was NEVER a threat to America. I personally never accepted the war in Iraq, the supposed WMD's that the UN never could verify...Our military isn't responsible for that. Poor political leadership was. As it still IS. I lost my job because of Obama's astute leadership. American leaders lead us down the road to loss and we just accept it. I never voted for Bush or Obama. We lose, we bleed. And who cares?

Ridding the Middle East of a dictator that destabilized the region invading his neighbor and supporting terrorists that attack our ally in Israel, was the main reason in addition to him never coming clean about his WMDs.

He used WMDs...but of course you will claim he never had any. Assad ended up with Saddam's WMDs because they both hated Israel and Russia supported both dictators...well Russia is supporting Assad today, but Saddam is dead.

Does that make you sad?

I do get a laugh at people with limited knowledge and IQ talking about the Iraq war, national defense, foreign policy, etc.

Iraq was NEVER a threat to America. I personally never accepted the war in Iraq, the supposed WMD's that the UN never could verify...Our military isn't responsible for that. Poor political leadership was. As it still IS. I lost my job because of Obama's astute leadership. American leaders lead us down the road to loss and we just accept it. I never voted for Bush or Obama. We lose, we bleed. And who cares?

Forum List

Back