Why did I buy Salmon at Walmart?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Kicking myself in the ass.
Never bought anything other than household stuff at Walmart, or things like coffee etc.
I saw a sign that said 'Fresh Alaskan Wild Caught Salmon"... at Walmart??
Looked at it in the package, good color... okay... I'll try it.
Well that was stupid. $12/ lb. should have been my first clue. Well...okay 2nd clue.
So... here we sit eating grilled cheese after throwing out the Salmon.
F*cking horrible. Didn't even taste like Salmon. Didn't taste like anything. How did they even package this where the color stays good, but the flavor disappears??

At least the grilled cheese is good. Which I didn't buy at Walmart.

I avoid Walmart a lot now. Don't want the competition to be gone.........and the food at the smaller places is usually better.

Grilled cheese is very good though.

Never bought anything other than household stuff at Walmart, or things like coffee etc.
Well that was stupid. $12/ lb. should have been my first clue. Well...okay 2nd clue.
F*cking horrible. Didn't even taste like Salmon. Didn't taste like anything. How did they even package this where the color stays good, but the flavor disappears??

LOL.....You going to try Dollar Tree "steak" next? ;)

Aldi has great Salmon and it's reasonable.

Walmart is woke. Why is salmon capitalized? $12 a pound-thanks Biden

What happened? Worship at the altar of the porcelain goddess at 2AM? :auiqs.jpg:
Been there. I feel for ya. Was this actually fresh from an ice packed fish display (such as at a supermarket)?
Or was it frozen in a package..like you could get at whole foods?

:auiqs.jpg:

My Mrs. bought some the other week from Wally World because her local market was closed.

The package said 'Norwegian Salmon'.

She sliced it up and began to eat it.

She eats most fish raw.

Yeah I know, I tell her...but.

The look on her face after the first bite...LOL!

Spat it out...In the trash.

I told the wife to pick-up around a pound and a half of stew meat a couple days ago....She did, the package was just under 1.5#......It was $14.41....For fuckin' stew meat.

Thanks Tater.
I like Costco meat. It is consistently better than typical grocery stores and recently they have started offering USDA Prime beef--even stew meat.

My Mrs. bought some the other week from Wally World because her local market was closed.

She eats most fish raw.

Atlantic salmon is much different than Pacific--the orange color is usually lacking in the Atlantic variety.

My "source" tells me gas is going up at least 5-cents a gallon in my AO by mid-week. He's usually very reliable.

I just checked gas buddy and half the stations in my AO are not reporting yet. They get their shipments around this time of day. It's gone up 16-cents over this past week.

Thanks Tater.

Atlantic salmon is much different than Pacific--the orange color is usually lacking in the Atlantic variety.
Well...I think you have figured it out...I was directed to purchase because "Asian Market closed."

I normally do not accept these assignments as I am not 'of the tribe', and therefore am incapable of making correct food choices.

I returned home and presented the package to an..."mmmmm"

Which in Asian means..."WTF is this?"

I will spare you the long version...but.

I was blamed in the end...

She eats most fish raw.

Tell your wife that non-sushi grade salmon can contain worms that burrow into the lining of your stomach and intestines. That is crazy and very dangerous.

Well...I think you have figured it out...I was directed to purchase because "Asian Market closed."

I normally do not accept these assignments as I am not 'of the tribe', and therefore am incapable of making correct food choices.

I returned home and presented the package to an..."mmmmm"

Which in Asian means..."WTF is this?"

I will spare you the long version...but.

I was blamed in the end...
Never a good idea to argue with the one who is always right in all things. LOL

I told the wife to pick-up around a pound and a half of stew meat a couple days ago....She did, the package was just under 1.5#......It was $14.41....For fuckin' stew meat.

Thanks Tater.

We purchased four small T-bone steaks the other night at a local grocery store. Total cost: $77. I marinated them in Teriyaki, coffee dry rub and crushed garlic. I kept track of cost per bite. Ground beef is out of this world. Stew meat (as you mentioned), London broil, pot roast and beef in general has skyrocketed. There's no excuse. I suppose we all need to expect less and smile wider.

Tell your wife that non-sushi grade salmon can contain worms that burrow into the lining of your stomach and intestines. That is crazy and very dangerous.
Bro.

I don't know if you're married to an Asian woman...but trust me.

We have boxes, and boxes of anti-parasitic pills, anti-biotics, anti-malarial drugs, creams, salves, ointments, tinctures.

We have shit for shit they don't even have in America.

I used to think my Mrs. was a hypochondriac until went over to her relatives' homes.

Ever wonder why you can go into the Asian store and find stuff you didn't think existed?

Doomsday Preppers ain't got shit on Asians.

Forum List

Back