Why Did Black People Vote for Obama?

I voted for Obama,mainly because he had some good points,and he was a educated Blackman.Moreso then that coward mcain,and the witch from Alaska.

Some Republicans claim that black people, overwhelming, voted for Obama was because:

1. Racism. They voted for him because Obama's black (or half black). So despite decades of voting Democrat, this time they voted for Obama based on race. Herman Cain was black and they didn't support him, so does that really follow logic?

2. Free stuff. I hear some Republicans claim Obama promised a bunch of "free stuff" such as cell phones, but

Crazy For "Obama Phones" - But Are They For Real? - Forbes

FactCheck.org : The Obama Phone?

PolitiFact | Adam Putnam: Obama campaign gives free cell phones to supporters

So the Obamaphone meme isn't what it bas been claimed to be.

Then there's the free contraceptive meme, however there wasn't a promise for free contraceptives but insurance covered contraceptives. So still no free stuff.

Free healthcare? You mean Obamacare? When was that free? There was no promise for free healthcare and Google found nothing on it.

Free food? I don't remember seeing any campaign ads promising free food. So I googled it and found nothing about promises of free food.

Free housing? Same thing. There was no promise of free housing and nothing I could find beyond Republicans saying he promised free housing on Google.

Free abortions turned up the same. Also, a campaign promise like that would've been national headline news and even Fox never reported that.

So then what really kept most black people from voting Republican?

Racial Comments By Republican Candidates - YouTube

Republicans Say The Most Racist Things - YouTube

Racist comments by 2012 Republican presidential candidates

https://www.google.com/search?q=tea...v&sa=X&ei=HnBlUYuMCsyuqwHv4IDACw&ved=0CCwQsAQ

TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism - YouTube

And election laws that black people perceived was targeted to suppress their vote:

Former Florida GOP leaders say voter suppression was reason... | www.palmbeachpost.com

Voting Rights Watch | The Nation

And attitudes like these held by some conservatives:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...vanced-human-rights-and-freedom-the-most.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...nter-calls-for-killing-of-cracker-babies.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/285180-black-skin-privilege.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...-americans-about-personal-responsibility.html

With that kind of representation what do Republicans think this is? Even if the message the GOP has for black people wasn't offensive, or at least, insensitive, the way the GOP represents itself to black voters can only be labeled as repellent. Especially when, after the election, Republicans claim that black people voted based on race and because black people are dependent on government and because they are so shallow and unprincipled as to sell their votes for "free stuff".

Here is the answer that will explain all of the above. http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...hy-republicans-will-never-get-their-vote.html

Suuuuuuuure.

Hillary was not the final candidate. HOW DO YOU KNOW that Hillary would NOT have secured 90% of the black vote? She wasn't the Democrat Candidate. :lol:

Yet.

Oh ok so now you're going to play stupid.

If you would have read my initial query I specified this was during the Democratic primary, not the general election.

So please stop dodging and give me an explanation.

Oh BTW are you related to TDM or Poet? They have a unique way of not answering questions or giving explanations also.

I'll read your explanation Monday.

I'm going out of town for the weekend.

50 states had primaries....Give us the break down between Hillary and Obama in EACH of those 50 primaries. (BTW....in primaries, ONLY Democrats are voting for 2 or more Democrat choices.....as opposed to a General Election where Democrats, Republicans, and Independents are voting for 1 Democrat vs 1 Republican.

Now.....who's being stupid trying to compare 50 Primaries with the General Election?????

:lol:

I'm not giving you the breakdowns in all 50 primaries but I will give you a few to show you the pattern.

Obama got 84 percent of the black vote in Alabama, 87 percent in Georgia, 84 percent in Maryland, and on and on -- that the black vote is no longer contestable.

How blacks voted in the 2008 Democratic primaries.

Now for your explanation.

Or are you going to continue to duck and dodge?

Last edited:
Obama’s Jim Crow Education System

August 29, 2013 By Arnold Ahlert

In his speech commemorating the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s march on Washington, President Obama hypocritically bemoaned the current state of education, saying that many Americans face a “fortress of substandard schools and diminished prospects.” He claimed that such schools were “underfunded” and that every child has a “right … to get an education that stirs the mind and captures the spirit and prepares them for the world that awaits them.” However, it is the Obama administration that has been instrumental in depriving poor, especially minority, children from the “right” to a quality education with its campaign to eradicate school vouchers. Just recently, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) filed suit in New Orleans federal court to prevent Louisiana from implementing a voucher program at public schools that remains under federal desegregation orders.

According to the DOJ, the 570 students who received the vouchers for the 2012-2013 school year “impeded the desegregation process,” and therefore vouchers for 2014-15 school year must be blocked. The great irony here is that 90 percent of the children who used the vouchers to get themselves a better education are black Americans. Yet the DOJ remains concerned that 10 percent of the 2012-2013 voucher recipients came from schools that remain under desegregation orders written a half-century ago. In their court petition, the DOJ insists that some of the voucher recipients were “in the racial minority at the public school they attended before receiving the voucher.” As the Wall Street Journal wryly notes, the DOJ “is claiming that the voucher program may be illegal because minority kids made their failing public schools more white by leaving those schools to go to better private schools.”

Obama?s Jim Crow Education System | FrontPage Magazine

Suuuuuuuure.

Hillary was not the final candidate. HOW DO YOU KNOW that Hillary would NOT have secured 90% of the black vote? She wasn't the Democrat Candidate. :lol:

Yet.

Oh ok so now you're going to play stupid.

If you would have read my initial query I specified this was during the Democratic primary, not the general election.

So please stop dodging and give me an explanation.

Oh BTW are you related to TDM or Poet? They have a unique way of not answering questions or giving explanations also.

I'll read your explanation Monday.

I'm going out of town for the weekend.

50 states had primaries....Give us the break down between Hillary and Obama in EACH of those 50 primaries. (BTW....in primaries, ONLY Democrats are voting for 2 or more Democrat choices.....as opposed to a General Election where Democrats, Republicans, and Independents are voting for 1 Democrat vs 1 Republican.

Now.....who's being stupid trying to compare 50 Primaries with the General Election?????

:lol:

I'm not comparing the general elections to the primaries dumbass.

I'm showing how utterly wrong you idiots are.

You say that blacks voted for Obama because he's a Democrat yet when in the primaries and he was pitted against a Democrat he still carried the black vote. Proving that blacks voted for skin color and not party.

Here's proof:

Forum List

Back