Why Did Black People Vote for Obama?

Why ask a question you already know the answer to?

PS. Google is your friend.
I don't know the answer...that's why I am asking. Are 95% of black voters Democrats? Yes or no?

Note the bold text.

I saw that, thank you......So you don't know either.

So......that being said. HOW DO YOU KNOW that 95% of black voters are NOT Democrats. IF they are, wouldn't it make sense for Democrats to vote for a Democrat candidate...FOR POLITICAL reasons? Why would it automatically be assumed to be for racial reasons?

I don't know the answer...that's why I am asking. Are 95% of black voters Democrats? Yes or no?

Note the bold text.

So......that being said. HOW DO YOU KNOW that 95% of black voters are NOT Democrats. IF they are, wouldn't it make sense for Democrats to vote for a Democrat candidate...FOR POLITICAL reasons? Why would it automatically be assumed to be for racial reasons?

Yes I do know. I googled it. But I'm not telling you.

Wow you ducked and dodged long enough to avoid answering my questions. And I'm not going to answer your silly questions until I receive some answers.

I wanted you to explain how out of two democrats one white (Hillary) and one black (Obama) that one would secure 90 percent of the black vote.

1# He's black. These people are highly tribal.
2# He gives or talks a good game towards giving them more free shit.
3# They trust him as he's black and a brother. Good luck being white and wanting to push sane economics that are for limited government.

this right here Poet is the kind of person who has a problem with the President being a black guy......not people like me fuckhead.....so throw your dam tent somewhere else....

Oh, turnabout is fair play. You know how you people love to lump all black people together and make blanket indictments about them? Well, I'm lumping you with him, to return the favor. How does it feel? Not so nice, is it? Too bad.

well the truth comes out.....so all this time you have been trying to tell us that WE are the bigots and your not.....you just proved what i have been saying.....you are a bigot.....and you have just proven you are a dishonest individual .......and you just kicked your own ass.....do you even remember what you said earlier about YOUR character?....you also just proved you are a lying sack of shit....geezus you must be a bitter old fuck.....

this right here Poet is the kind of person who has a problem with the President being a black guy......not people like me fuckhead.....so throw your dam tent somewhere else....

Oh, turnabout is fair play. You know how you people love to lump all black people together and make blanket indictments about them? Well, I'm lumping you with him, to return the favor. How does it feel? Not so nice, is it? Too bad.

well the truth comes out.....so all this time you have been trying to tell us that WE are the bigots and your not.....you just proved what i have been saying.....you are a bigot.....and you have just proven you are a dishonest individual .......and you just kicked your own ass.....do you even remember what you said earlier about YOUR character?....you also just proved you are a lying sack of shit....geezus you must be a bitter old fuck.....

Blah, blah, blah...nothing that you have said is true, nor does it make a lick of sense. Now what?

Please. How pedestrian. How puerile an answer was that? Posing a question does not denote a conversation, moron. It denotes a question being asked. A repartee or discourse denotes a conversation, a "back and forth". And excuse me? How does talking about one of the President's policies, and addressing him respectfully, preclude one from harboring "racist views", going in? That doesn't prove anything. I'm waiting for "proof positive" that your disdain or disagreement with Barack Obama isn't "race-based". And for you and your ilk, it's problematic. The fact is, it can't be determined. We have no lie detectors here, that can be employed. And your word certainly isn't good enough, based on your past rhetoric, so........moving on.

ok i tried .....obviously your such a racial person nothing will work with asswipes like you....so fuck you Poet.....you are no different than any White bigot here.....every thing with you is racial......and you will be treated as such by me....and as for you being intelligent?...i sure as hell dont see it....all i see is an old bitter bigoted Black Gay man taking out all his preconceived racial frustrations out on everyone around him....take your head out of your Ass Poet.....your not looking to good....

Learn the difference between "you're" and "your". Your vs. You're - English Grammar
in other words....."oh shit....Harry has me there.....i know i will talk about his spelling error.....that will make him change topics"......you are a loser Poet....an Old Bitter Man.....those two posters were sure right about you.....

Uh, you're not that clever to try and turn my own words against me. Find me people who are being people rather than people being color conscious. I'm not the one upset by a black man being in the Oval Office, yet, lo, after all these posts, you can't prove that you're not.
I'm not answering stupid questions, or ones you already know the answers to. The lot of you are dishonest posters, and you've made this about me, instead of political discourse. Live with it. I'm not playing your game.

wtf? How do you even read what I wrote as me trying to be 'clever and turn your own words against you'?

Once again, you're asking someone to 'prove that they're not against Obama because he is black vs. because of his policies'. Hello? Did you even read what I wrote?? " ... who disagrees with Obama's policies is doing so because Obama is black, rather than it being because conservatives and progressives have polar opposite povs?" But you refuse to accept people's word at face value and somehow believe, truly, that it is all about skin color. With Obama, with yourself. I do not believe you when you say that your were raised to see people as people; your statements prove that.

Paul Ryan was touted as a conservative when he was picked as Romney's running mate. I called bullshit on that from the start, based on Ryan's voting record. He voted big gov't spending, especially when Bush was president. But according to you I'm holding that pov because Ryan is white and not because of his record of big gov't spending. I mean, if skin color is your pov on my disagreeing with Obama's policies (regardless of my pointing out otherwise) then logically that would have to be your pov with all politicians.

Again, you dodge any questions from me then turn around claim that I'm playing some kind of game. The only one playing a game here is you.

Please. You're not going to contradict me, on how I was raised. My mother was a saint, but, she too was a victim of rampant racism. A district manager, connived with the principal of her school to scapegoat her (Lord knows for what reason, because she was an outstanding 1st grade teacher, beloved by her students), and had her go before a hearing to determine her competency. So all of the evil white and Hispanic teachers were gossiping about whether or not she was going to return next semester. Well, as fate (and God) would have it, the evil outgoing principal was being replaced with my mother's schoolmate from college, who knew of her outstanding qualities, and squashed the whole mess, to everyone's chagrin. And because God is not that fond of pretty, but He sho' don't like ugly....the outgoing principal, died of a heart attack, three months later. Sweet justice.
But I digressed.

Please. Are you insane? Why would I take any of you at your word? I do believe it is all about skin color and race. And you and no one here, can prove that your problems with President Obama are "policy-driven", because we can't know your heart nor your mind.

YOUR words, and I quote:
I'm sorry if you feel that I don't treat people as people. I was raised to do that. I think some people feel entitled to be treated differently, because of the color of their skin. I balk at that. http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...-to-endanger-his-children-12.html#post7052384

YOUR words, and I quote:
I do believe it is all about skin color and race.

So, which is it? You balk at people feeling entitled to being treated differently based on skin color OR you do believe it is all about skin color? Hmmm??

And you lie. I never said that your convictions concerning Ryan were "race-based". The topic isn't Ryan or any other politician. The topic is President Obama, and the right's attempts to undermine his presidency and demonize him and his family.
As you have seen....I don't play...certainly not with miscreants.

Your claim of intelligence is negated by your inability to understand what I wrote, and I quote:
if skin color is your pov on my disagreeing with Obama's policies (regardless of my pointing out otherwise) then logically that would have to be your pov with all politicians.

You don't even bother denying it (let alone addressing it) so the conclusion drawn is that it's true. Oh, I see. Despite claiming otherwise you really are just another racist.

Thinned skinned and dishonest poet is thin skinned and dishonest.

Last edited:

Blah, blah, blah...nothing that you have said is true, nor does it make a lick of sense. Now what?

sure to you it isn't....that's the way Bigots are.....they cant see their own bigotry.....but its funny how everyone else can....and there are a lot of people here criticizing your Character.....i wonder why?. ......does it hurt your shoulders when you throw that tent?....

wtf? How do you even read what I wrote as me trying to be 'clever and turn your own words against you'?

Once again, you're asking someone to 'prove that they're not against Obama because he is black vs. because of his policies'. Hello? Did you even read what I wrote?? " ... who disagrees with Obama's policies is doing so because Obama is black, rather than it being because conservatives and progressives have polar opposite povs?" But you refuse to accept people's word at face value and somehow believe, truly, that it is all about skin color. With Obama, with yourself. I do not believe you when you say that your were raised to see people as people; your statements prove that.

Paul Ryan was touted as a conservative when he was picked as Romney's running mate. I called bullshit on that from the start, based on Ryan's voting record. He voted big gov't spending, especially when Bush was president. But according to you I'm holding that pov because Ryan is white and not because of his record of big gov't spending. I mean, if skin color is your pov on my disagreeing with Obama's policies (regardless of my pointing out otherwise) then logically that would have to be your pov with all politicians.

Again, you dodge any questions from me then turn around claim that I'm playing some kind of game. The only one playing a game here is you.

Please. You're not going to contradict me, on how I was raised. My mother was a saint, but, she too was a victim of rampant racism. A district manager, connived with the principal of her school to scapegoat her (Lord knows for what reason, because she was an outstanding 1st grade teacher, beloved by her students), and had her go before a hearing to determine her competency. So all of the evil white and Hispanic teachers were gossiping about whether or not she was going to return next semester. Well, as fate (and God) would have it, the evil outgoing principal was being replaced with my mother's schoolmate from college, who knew of her outstanding qualities, and squashed the whole mess, to everyone's chagrin. And because God is not that fond of pretty, but He sho' don't like ugly....the outgoing principal, died of a heart attack, three months later. Sweet justice.
But I digressed.

YOUR words, and I quote:

YOUR words, and I quote:

So, which is it? You balk at people feeling entitled to being treated differently based on skin color OR you do believe it is all about skin color? Hmmm??

Please. Are you insane? Why would I take any of you at your word? And you lie. I never said that your convictions concerning Ryan were "race-based". And you and no one here, can prove that your problems with President Obama are "policy-driven", because we can't know your heart nor your mind.
And you lie. I never said that your convictions concerning Ryan were "race-based". The topic isn't Ryan or any other politician. The topic is President Obama, and the right's attempts to undermine his presidency and demonize him and his family.

Your claim of intelligence is negated by your inability to understand what I wrote, and I quote:
if skin color is your pov on my disagreeing with Obama's policies (regardless of my pointing out otherwise) then logically that would have to be your pov with all politicians.

You don't even bother denying it (let alone addressing it) so the conclusion drawn is that it's true. Oh, I see. Despite claiming otherwise you really are just another racist.

and he just admitted he is a racist by saying he includes me in the same catagory as Matthew.....just because......but yet he told us about how great his Character and Integrity is.....the guy is a just an Old Bitter Asshole......

But I digressed.

YOUR words, and I quote:

YOUR words, and I quote:

Please. Are you insane? Why would I take any of you at your word? And you lie. I never said that your convictions concerning Ryan were "race-based". And you and no one here, can prove that your problems with President Obama are "policy-driven", because we can't know your heart nor your mind.

Uh, why are you quoting me? I know what I wrote and what I meant, contrary to what you believe. And I stand by my comments. Again, you're putting words into my mouth, so to speak...and distorting. You're attempting to be right, at my expense...but it's not working.

But I digressed.

YOUR words, and I quote:

YOUR words, and I quote:

Uh, why are you quoting me? I know what I wrote and what I meant, contrary to what you believe. And I stand by my comments. Again, you're putting words into my mouth, so to speak...and distorting. You're attempting to be right, at my expense...but it's not working.

Your comments contradict each other and you failed to answer which comment you stand by.

The only words I'm putting in your mouth are your own.

Note the bold text.

Wow you ducked and dodged long enough to avoid answering my questions. And I'm not going to answer your silly questions until I receive some answers.

I wanted you to explain how out of two democrats one white (Hillary) and one black (Obama) that one would secure 90 percent of the black vote.

Suuuuuuuure.

Hillary was not the final candidate. HOW DO YOU KNOW that Hillary would NOT have secured 90% of the black vote? She wasn't the Democrat Candidate. :lol:

Yet.

Suuuuuuuure.

Hillary was not the final candidate. HOW DO YOU KNOW that Hillary would NOT have secured 90% of the black vote? She wasn't the Democrat Candidate. :lol:

Yet.

Oh ok so now you're going to play stupid.

If you would have read my initial query I specified this was during the Democratic primary, not the general election.

So please stop dodging and give me an explanation.

Oh BTW are you related to TDM or Poet? They have a unique way of not answering questions or giving explanations also.

I'll read your explanation Monday.

I'm going out of town for the weekend.

Last edited:
But I digressed.

YOUR words, and I quote:

YOUR words, and I quote:

yes it is.....and you have helped it along since your first post......of course you wont admit that....that takes a little Character.....something you are sorely lacking....

YOUR words, and I quote:

YOUR words, and I quote:

Your comments contradict each other and you failed to answer which comment you stand by.

You're doing nothing of the kind, but making yourself out to be a fool. Carry on.

You're doing nothing of the kind, but making yourself out to be a fool. Carry on.

Still no answer as to which comment you stand by.

I've quoted your own words yet you insist that I didn't ... and you call me a fool? :lol:

Suuuuuuuure.

Yet.

Oh ok so now you're going to play stupid.

If you would have read my initial query I specified this was during the Democratic primary, not the general election.

So please stop dodging and give me an explanation.

Oh BTW are you related to TDM or Poet? They have a unique way of not answering questions or giving explanations also.

I'll read your explanation Monday.

I'm going out of town for the weekend.

50 states had primaries....Give us the break down between Hillary and Obama in EACH of those 50 primaries. (BTW....in primaries, ONLY Democrats are voting for 2 or more Democrat choices.....as opposed to a General Election where Democrats, Republicans, and Independents are voting for 1 Democrat vs 1 Republican.

Now.....who's being stupid trying to compare 50 Primaries with the General Election?????

:lol:

Why did blacks vote for Barry??

Real easy. Because he's the first black ever elected to POTUS. He's black and thats why they voted for him. Most of em could care less how the country runs. Its all about his half blackness.

Well, I don't Knowwww-- Ronald Reagan.

Well shy did Asians, Hispanics and White women vote for BARRY? He doesn't resemble ANY of those voters but they put him in office! Could most Blacks have something in common with those other Americans more than they do with even Obama himself? Face it, Obama was the best choice after unfettered Capitalism and greed under the watch of the republicans nearly destroyed this country!

Thank you. That is what I have been saying since the day that this fixation with "why" black citizens who do vote, voted for Obama.

For the most part this board for many of us is a microcosmic adventure into the world of race relations, which is not a topic that we normally approach in the process of day to day life.

My guess is that the vast majority who post here have homes, lives and families who take precedence over the issue of race.

But since we are here, I would really like to ask the same question that you ask. What differentiates Hispanic voters, Asian voters and female voters from black voters?

Certainly, considering that Asians represent a smaller but generally more affluent demographic than blacks, they aren't interested in this mythical "free stuff" that some of those who post here believe gets passed out to black voters with no strings attached.

Considering that Hispanics in many metropolitan areas are highly represented in service and labor industries, often performing the work that "no one else wants", they also represent the fastest growing immigrant demographic in the nation, and one that any intelligent politician would seek to appeal to. In Califonia where I live, they are the face of the blue collar workforce.

And of course there are more women than men in America and the average woman lives longer, which means they will vote in more elections than men.

Lastly, there is one more voter segment. The young first time voters, who turned out and voted for Obama.

All of the above are generally not ever brought up in this forum when dissecting the root cause of the failure of the Republican party, and why Obama was elected. His being elected had little to do with the black vote if you look at the entire picture.

So why the fascination with who black voters chose? There are obviously many in this forum who do not encounter blacks on a regular basis.

This weekend my wife and I are in a little town in the middle of nowhere called Rock Springs Wyoming, visiting our son who is attending college, and I am noticing just how isolated and non diverse places like this are, and thinking that there could be a connection between morbid curiosity and a lack of exposure which often leads to a conclusion based on ignorant and misinformed assumptions. The psychology of this issue is fascinating.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Why did blacks vote for Barry??

Real easy. Because he's the first black ever elected to POTUS. He's black and thats why they voted for him. Most of em could care less how the country runs. Its all about his half blackness.

Well shy did Asians, Hispanics and White women vote for BARRY? He doesn't resemble ANY of those voters but they put him in office! Could most Blacks have something in common with those other Americans more than they do with even Obama himself? Face it, Obama was the best choice after unfettered Capitalism and greed under the watch of the republicans nearly destroyed this country!

Thank you. That is what I have been saying since the day that this fixation with "why" black citizens who do vote, voted for Obama.

For the most part this board for many of us is a microcosmic adventure into the world of race relations, which is not a topic that we normally approach in the process of day to day life.

My guess is that the vast majority who post here have homes, lives and families who take precedence over the issue of race.

But since we are here, I would really like to ask the same question that you ask. What differentiates Hispanic voters, Asian voters and female voters from black voters?

Certainly, considering that Asians represent a smaller but generally more affluent demographic than blacks, they aren't interested in this mythical "free stuff" that some of those who post here believe gets passed out to black voters with no strings attached.

Considering that Hispanics in many metropolitan areas are highly represented in service and labor industries, often performing the work that "no one else wants", they also represent the fastest growing immigrant demographic in the nation, and one that any intelligent politician would seek to appeal to. In Califonia where I live, they are the face of the blue collar workforce.

And of course there are more women than men in America and the average woman lives longer, which means they will vote in more elections than men.

Lastly, there is one more voter segment. The young first time voters, who turned out and voted for Obama.

All of the above are generally not ever brought up in this forum when dissecting the root cause of the failure of the Republican party, and why Obama was elected. His being elected had little to do with the black vote if you look at the entire picture.

So why the fascination with who black voters chose? There are obviously many in this forum who do not encounter blacks on a regular basis.

This weekend my wife and I are in a little town in the middle of nowhere called Rock Springs Wyoming, visiting our son who is attending college, and I am noticing just how isolated and non diverse places like this are, and thinking that there could be a connection between morbid curiosity and a lack of exposure which often leads to a conclusion based on ignorant and misinformed assumptions. The psychology of this issue is fascinating.

Your thoughts?

You have hit a home run with this one Karsteven. Your astute analysis is still reverberating
In the minds of all who read it, even those who won't publicly admit it. You have certainly encapsulated my sentiments on the topic. Thanks.

Your thoughts?

You have hit a home run with this one Karsteven. Your astute analysis is still reverberating
In the minds of all who read it, even those who won't publicly admit it. You have certainly encapsulated my sentiments on the topic. Thanks.

These are just some very obvious questions that I have considered whenever the subject of "how blacks vote" is surfaced most often by a collective who typically regards the black population much like someone who is visiting a zoo as a tourist looks at captive animals.....from what they consider to be a safe distance.

Just like the tourist, often all that they really know is what they read from perspectives that often are as misinformed as they are, but of course assembling theories from the perspective of others as opposed to personal experience is a much lower personal risk.

Forum List

Back