Why Dems are supporting illegal immigrants?

theres-no-such-thing-asalaweabiding-rickcanton-illegal-alien-21315561.png

Serious question. I'm asking some of our liberal-minded friends to address. I am really trying to understand where the other side is coming from.

America was built on immigrants and both parties know this and support immigration as a cornerstone of our nation. That is...legal immigration. But, why on earth would the Democratic party start building it's platform around protecting the institution of illegal immigration? This is so bizarre and not historically how the Dems have viewed the issue. The main evidence for this is:

1. Preferring a GOV shutdown rather than support various measures to enforce immigration law and reform an arguably broken immigration system. I mean even liberal Canada has a merit-based system so this isn't crazy stuff.

2. Dems at state and local levels behind the sanctuary city movement that actively subverts federal law in order to protect the institution of illegal immigration.

What I don't understand is WHY?

(And unless we can present some evidence I'm not aware of any proof that illegals vote in large numbers so I'm not sure that is the answer)

Are you pretending to not understand what a "dreamer" is and what DACA does? Or are you an idiot? Serious question.

A George Mason University study reported that 14% of illegal immigrants whom they interviewed admitted that they voted in the last election. It's safe to say that an equal number of illegals voted but did not want to admit it. But let's just assume that only 6% voted but would not admit it. That gives you a voting rate of 20% among 9 million adult illegals,which equals 1.8 million votes.

If illegals do represent a voter base then, of course, there is the answer. It would explain why Dems oppose voter identification measures.

Gee. That was easy. You've outdone yourself.

I'm a registered Democrat, because I was against W Bush's war in Iraq, and I believe that Unions, and social programs help people.

However, the Democrats have gone full kook by caring more about illegals, and refugees than about Americans, how is this a rational position for us?

It's a complete monstrosity, it's Balkanizing the U.S with tensions, it's costing us a lot of money, it's undermining wages, the Illegals cut people out of jobs, so what?
have they lost the Democrats lost their gourds?

Serious question. I'm asking some of our liberal-minded friends to address. I am really trying to understand where the other side is coming from.

America was built on immigrants and both parties know this and support immigration as a cornerstone of our nation. That is...legal immigration. But, why on earth would the Democratic party start building it's platform around protecting the institution of illegal immigration? This is so bizarre and not historically how the Dems have viewed the issue. The main evidence for this is:

1. Preferring a GOV shutdown rather than support various measures to enforce immigration law and reform an arguably broken immigration system. I mean even liberal Canada has a merit-based system so this isn't crazy stuff.

2. Dems at state and local levels behind the sanctuary city movement that actively subverts federal law in order to protect the institution of illegal immigration.

What I don't understand is WHY?

(And unless we can present some evidence I'm not aware of any proof that illegals vote in large numbers so I'm not sure that is the answer)

Are you pretending to not understand what a "dreamer" is and what DACA does? Or are you an idiot? Serious question.

Of course I know who the "dreamers" are. They are illegal alien minors brought into this country by illegal alien parents and thus live in the US in violation of federal law. But...that was no fault of their own and they have now integrated into American society.

Sorry I didn't spell it out "Barney-style" but DACA is not the real issue of contention in Congress...nor is the budget. Both Dems and GOP are in general agreement on both issues. The REAL issues that are being debated in all of this are: the wall, increased border security, chain migration, visa lottery. These are Trump's (and most conservative's) major goals that the Dems oppose. So, the GOP needs leverage to get them implemented...DACA is that leverage. Dems know this and unsuccessfully tried to use a govt shutdown as leverage to trade for a "clean" DACA bill. Of course, GOP would be stupid to pass a clean DACA bill since Dems will have everything they want and no incentive to give GOP anything to fix the illegal immigration problem.

It will occur to almost all of America except the extreme left that it makes no sense to make a path to citizenship (or whatever) for DACA kids without fixing the underlying problem of illegal immigration that is the root cause of the problem. Therefore, the wall, increased border security, and tougher rules on employers hiring illegals should be non-negotiable aspects of fixing the DACA problem. No country in the world should be tolerant of ILLEGAL immigration. If we want open borders we should pass a law that says we have open borders. In my view, chain migration and visa lottery are separate issues that probably should be debated in a comprehensive immigration reform bill.

Forum List

Back