Trump supporters; Congress can't compromise, but maybe we can.

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Tell me something you want and I'll tell you what I would accept. Maybe we could actually meet in the middle on some things (though I'm not really a liberal. Only by comparison to the people on here).

As suspected, Trump supporters don't want to be realistic and compromise. They just want to rant, rave, and bash liberals all day long. Guess what? That's why our government is a mess. Congress is a reflection of the American people, and the American people no longer understand compromise, because they get their ideas from hacks like Hannity and Maddow,

Tell me something you want and I'll tell you what I would accept. Maybe we could actually meet in the middle on some things (though I'm not really a liberal. Only by comparison to the people on here).
DACA is a separate bill, not part of the CR.

The Jouse has passed the CR. The Senate needs to pass it THEN they can work on DACA.

The Jouse has passed the CR. The Senate needs to pass it THEN they can work on DACA.

Yes, but it's what comes with DACA that is probably going to cause the problems. Now, I happen to lean toward conservatives on immigration, actually, but I think an actual, physical wall is probably not the most effective way to go. I think real border security is going to come from advanced technology. That could be electric fencing with motion-detection sensors. They need something that will prevent tunneling. Positioning troops to patrol the border.

Yeah, we've seen how democrats operate...the goalpost is moved every 20 minutes.

Yeah, we've seen how democrats operate...the goalpost is moved every 20 minutes.

Do you have something in mind or not?

Anyway, I'm gonna get something to eat and pop back on later. Surprise me.

Yes, but it's what comes with DACA that is probably going to cause the problems. Now, I happen to lean toward conservatives on immigration, actually, but I think an actual, physical wall is probably not the most effective way to go. I think real border security is going to come from advanced technology. That could be electric fencing with motion-detection sensors. They need something that will prevent tunneling. Positioning troops to patrol the border.
SpecOps guys just couldn't beat the current wall model ...

...but DACA is separate from the CR. Pass the CR and then deal with DACA or don't get DACA addressed until 2020.

Put an end to the visa lottery system and chain migration improve border security and I will help find away for a pathway to citizenship for the dreamers as they are called for those who have no criminal record or only minor non violent offense. To me this is a win win both sides get something that is important to them and there supporters. Isn't that what comprise is supposed to be?

Do you have something in mind or not?

Anyway, I'm gonna get something to eat and pop back on later. Surprise me.

Yup, quite moving the fricken goal post. What a surprise.

Electric fencing would be considered by the left as cruel and unusual punishment.

We were promised immigration reform in the 80's. You fix that and I'm open to negotiate on just about anything.

. The biggest issue John Shaw, is to stop the American employer's from hiring them in job's that yes "American's" will do, and stop them from paying them under the table, and stop them from teaching them how to use government services to subsidize their incomes when they are paid above the table, but paid so cheap that they can't survive without help.

We need real border security yes, and we need to definitely stop the drugs from crossing the border in which is something far more sinister. Trump has agreed that the border wall (firewall), will only be erected or apply along the border where it is needed.

Yes the military needs to play a far greater role in securing the border, and it may be that merging the border patrol and military into one enforcer along the border would be best.

The Mexicans who seek to enter illegally, should come upon a fence or wall, where upon that wall or fence there should be signs just like we had at area 51 or any other high security area in the country that reads " WARNING, THIS IS A MILITARY AND/OR U.S. GOVERNMENT INSTALLATION, AND U.S. GOVERNMENT TERRITORY, DONOT ENTER" !!! Violaters will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

They just want to rant, rave, and bash liberals all day long.

irony-alert-ironic.jpg

I don't negotiate with terrorists and that's what the democrats are...on top of being Anti American scum.

1. Full funding for the wall - $22 billion
  2. End to chain migration
  3. End to visa lottery
  4. Merit based immigration

None of that is precluded by a wall.

Forum List

Back