Why Can't Poor People Afford Healthy Food?

Actually, it's not. It all depends on where one shops and how smartly it is one shops. But, I myself am not too concerned with eating healthy. I can eat a bag of potato chips and not gain an ounce so, no biggy.

I HATE you! :mad:

:cool:

You shouldn't. For those of us who are scrawny, it seems it's harder to figure out how to gain weight than it is for those who are overweight to lose weight. When I talk about eating a bag of potato chips and not gain an ounce, in reality, sometimes it seems like for every alleged fattening food I eat, I lose a few pounds. It really kind of sucks. The average weight for someone my age is about 182 pounds. I weigh about 140 pounds.

Dude, I am tempted to find you and SIT on you! :D

Yes it is...Stop whining.
Hell, a savvy shopper can buy a chicken or a turkey, take it home, use the breast for soup, take the legs thighs and wings to make three or four different dishes and have meals for the week.
Or one can buy a roast for $25 take part of it to make a dinner. Use part of it to make sandwiches or hot open faced sandwich for dinner, dice some of it up and make a nice noodle and meat casserole.....See where we are going here?
All of this nonsense put forth by you people is based on you feeling sorry for certain people.
So instead of teaching them how easy it is to make good meals at much lower expense, you bitch about the price of food.
That is a disgrace.
Again, all I see is whining and complaining.

I have never spent $25 on a roast. I get large, cheap cuts...

I still have the carcass of the Thanksgiving turkey in my freezer, lol. I don't know if I'm actually going to use it at this point...I made some yummy turkey noodles and we pigged on them for two days, but they are past their optimum freshness and are out the door now.

No turkey soup?!

No, we put noodles in it.

As somebody who is hopelessly addicted to fast food, and also extremely knowledgeable about healthy eating and nutrition... fast food is way more expensive than eating healthy, at least when an individual has developed an addiction to it like I have.

Healthy staples such as brown rice, beans, and frozen vegetables are considerably cheaper than buying fast food meals. On a per calorie basis they are not cheaper, but overall they are, and it's way cheaper when you factor in the cost of health care required down the road.

With my overeating disorder, fast food makes me go broke very quickly where it would be difficult to happen if I could stick with eating the healthy stuff I do actually love. I think the addictive nature of unhealthy food, especially when it's all you might eat, is far more dangerous than anything else.

Forum List

Back