Why bother fighting illegal immigration when they'll come in anyway .

building walls ? Drones at the border . What's the point ? If someone really wants to sneak it they will do it.

(Let's use the pro gun logic with other issues )

Timmy's optimal way of running the government:

white-flag-768x455.jpg

Or we could just build a wall and be done with it.

building walls ? Drones at the border . What's the point ? If someone really wants to sneak it they will do it.

Now there is a piece of fucking logic, if I ever heard one .....

I agree, which is why I don't support a border wall and think we need to make our immigration process easier not harder.

Obvious trolling aside, you're comparing two completely unrelated issues with different factors.
So, if I understand, you propose eliminating our borders, and allowing all but the most criminal to come in, have I got that right?

Put sentry machine guns on the border instead of a wall. That would stop it.

See.

Guns ARE the answer to all the world's problems.
Opening public shooting ranges in problem areas could help.
My dad used to say we should eliminate food stamps and use the money to open shooting ranges for gang bangers. That way, so many innocent civilians wouldn't get hurt.

See.

My dad used to say we should eliminate food stamps and use the money to open shooting ranges for gang bangers. That way, so many innocent civilians wouldn't get hurt.
I've always been good with helping people in need. I'm also good with legal immigration.

As Dont Taz Me Bro touched on earlier, we really should be looking at our immigration process.
President Trump talked about the time it takes during his campaign. I'm sure it's something he's looking into.

Why have laws if some people are going to ignore them?
Why lock doors if some people will break a window?

Why shouldn't we be making it a little more difficult for people to enter this country illegally?

Why shouldn't we have laws keeping guns away from crazy and criminals ?

We already have such laws. Why do crazy people and criminals ignore the law...oh wait because they are crazy and criminals.

In many states those laws have giant loopholes .
Impress us with your knowledge on those loopholes.

animated-smileys-drinking-025.gif

Private seller "gun show" loophole .

What Is the Gun Show Loophole and Why Does it Exist?

Why shouldn't we be making it a little more difficult for people to enter this country illegally?

We already have such laws. Why do crazy people and criminals ignore the law...oh wait because they are crazy and criminals.

I predict crickets and deflection.

See above .

That is such a red haring boogyman to stop person to person transactions. It accounts for a very small percentage of transfers at gun shows. Nearly ever person selling at a gun show is a dealer, requiring all the paperwork and background checks.

If you had ever purchased a gun, you would realize that most of the shit you want is either stupid or already law.

animated-smileys-drinking-025.gif

What Is the Gun Show Loophole and Why Does it Exist?
Anything else?

See.

I've always been good with helping people in need. I'm also good with legal immigration.

As Dont Taz Me Bro touched on earlier, we really should be looking at our immigration process.
President Trump talked about the time it takes during his campaign. I'm sure it's something he's looking into.

I agree-- but probably disagree.

I agree that our immigration process needs to be reviewed. BUT - I also think it needs to be made more difficult and more stringent. Visas need to tougher, visitors need to be actively tracked (nothing wrong with requiring a visitor to report to a local police station every two weeks - nothing wrong with tracking devices in visas). Couple that with a concentrated clamp down on illegal immigration walking across the borders, and we finally would have control of our immigration.

We want immigrants - we need immigrants. But, we only need immigrants who will assimilate to our society, and provide a contribution to our country.

That is such a red haring boogyman to stop person to person transactions. It accounts for a very small percentage of transfers at gun shows. Nearly ever person selling at a gun show is a dealer, requiring all the paperwork and background checks.

If you had ever purchased a gun, you would realize that most of the shit you want is either stupid or already law.

But it accounts for a high number of guns ending up in the wrong hands .

No, it doesn't --- that is, simply, fiction.

Nothing will totally stop illegal immigration but a wall, drones, increased border patrol agents can reduce it. You can't stop mass shootings either and so far no one has offered any real solution to reduce them the common response is for expanded background checks but that only works if the person has something in their background to show they are a threat to society that never seems to be the case with these mass shooters. When someone comes up with a workable idea to address this problem I will be happy to consider it.

See.

I agree-- but probably disagree.

I agree that our immigration process needs to be reviewed. BUT - I also think it needs to be made more difficult and more stringent. Visas need to tougher, visitors need to be actively tracked (nothing wrong with requiring a visitor to report to a local police station every two weeks - nothing wrong with tracking devices in visas). Couple that with a concentrated clamp down on illegal immigration walking across the borders, and we finally would have control of our immigration.

We want immigrants - we need immigrants. But, we only need immigrants who will assimilate to our society, and provide a contribution to our country.
I agree.

That said; I think we could cut some of the red tape while increasing the scrutiny needed.

OP so desperate he doesn't know what to say anymore. Guess he doesn't know every other country has their immigration standard. But USA should have good immigration standard, yes. Build a wall, even more yes.

Is your thread now about guns?

it's actually pro first amendment logic

the problem, like most left wing logic, is that both of your solutions come down squarely on the side of, and benefiting those who break the law and penalizing those who obey it, in fact the ideology driving such logic is so deeply ingrained that seeing such is nearly impossible by those afflicted.

Forum List

Back