Why bolt action over lever

No, you said in smoothness they were about equal. In no way.
Obviously you don't know the difference between smoothness of action and rapidity of action, two different things. Or are you just trying to be contrary?

So I started young with more opportunity. And used it.

As did I.
I grew up in the boonies and we rode our motorcycles all over the place with a rifle or shotgun.
The sheriff would just wave or he might stop us and ask if we'd got anything. By the time the city caught up I was old enough to purchase my own lease.
And then there was Junction Texas in Kimble county that has more deer than any county in the US.

That's because you're parochial and ignorant. NZ has no native mammals except a bat. All varieties of deer, goats, tahr, chamois, rabbits, possums etc., etc., are exotic/imported and declared noxious. On public land there are no seasons, limits, fees, licences or requirements to take meat. One is doing a public service to shoot them and walk away. Of course it is polite to not drop them in a waterway.

Hmmm...just looked at New Zealand gun laws they're pretty damn strict.
Here in Texas not so much.
Used to go to school with a rifle or shotgun in a window rack and carried a belt knife.

The SMLE is much faster to cycle than the various Mausers. I don't think you've shot them that much.
The SMLE may have a fast action, but from watching expert shooters on the show Top Shots struggle to operate one, it didn’t look very smooth. Nearly all the shooters had problems operating the bolt during timed fire.

Forum List

Back