Why aren't fiscal conservatives more passionate about corporate welfare?

Apr 17, 2011
Instead, their passions are wrapped up attacking the working class and low income people, who pay into the system (i.e. SS and Medicare).

Why are their priorities so messed up?

Instead, their passions are wrapped up attacking the working class and low income people, who pay into the system (i.e. SS and Medicare).

I hope you're just woefully misinformed and not as stupid as your posts indicate.

Given that entitlements are about to bankrupt the US government, not corporate welfare (whatever that is) I'd say conservatives have their priorities pretty straight.
The only question is why liberals are too stupid to understand this.

Fiscal conservatism is only a facade. They use it as an excuse to get rid of programs that they hate for ideological reasons. The rhetoric is that everyone must sacrifice, but their actions are to provide tax break after tax break for the already wealthy.

Ever heard of the "Starve the Beast" strategy? If not, look it up. We're in the end game.

Fiscal conservatism is only a facade. They use it as an excuse to get rid of programs that they hate for ideological reasons. The rhetoric is that everyone must sacrifice, but their actions are to provide tax break after tax break for the already wealthy.

Ever heard of the "Starve the Beast" strategy? If not, look it up. We're in the end game.

Really??
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GJX8bXduLM]YouTube - ABC This Week:Obama tells Stephanopoulos everyone must sacrifice[/ame]

Who knew that Obama was a fiscal conservative?

• Banned
Given that entitlements are about to bankrupt the US government, not corporate welfare (whatever that is) I'd say conservatives have their priorities pretty straight.
The only question is why liberals are too stupid to understand this.

lol....entitlements are programs that people pay into.

Why aren't liberal democrats more concerned about it? They had two long years of total control, coulda passed anything they wanted, but nada.

I think you know the answer as well as I do, lobbyists and special interst groups have too much money anhd influence in Washington on both sides of the aisle.

Really??
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GJX8bXduLM]YouTube - ABC This Week:Obama tells Stephanopoulos everyone must sacrifice[/ame]

Are you trying to make some sort of point?

Really??

Yes, the point is that you are a blithering ninny who doesn't have the slightest fucking clue what you are talking about. I don't need to make that point. Your posts do a good enough job themselves. I just point it out.

Why aren't liberal democrats more concerned about it? They had two long years of total control, coulda passed anything they wanted, but nada.

I think you know the answer as well as I do, lobbyists and special interst groups have too much money anhd influence in Washington on both sides of the aisle.

I know you are but what am I?

Really??

Yes, the point is that you are a blithering ninny who doesn't have the slightest fucking clue what you are talking about. I don't need to make that point. Your posts do a good enough job themselves. I just point it out.

And you make that point so eloquently! The way you weave subtle implication in with jaw dropping evidence to create an inescapable web in which I have no choice but to admit my own idiocy. You have entrapped me, sir. By showing a video of Obama talking about universal sacrifice, you have brilliantly rebutted my point that Republicans keep on pushing for more and more tax breaks for the wealthy.

I yield to your incredible rhetorical skill.

Oh no wait, never mind. You haven't even addressed my point at all.

Last edited:

And here we have more far left wing, paranoid delusional BS.

And these fools wonder why their asinine liberal/progressive agenda is going down the tubes.

Fact is, we are a proven center/right society....Always have been.....The only people buying into the above tripe, are the looniest of the loons.

"Those right wingers wanna kill off women, the elderly, the poor, your puppies.....OOOOOOOOOOOH, THE HUMAAAAAAAANITY!"

Fuckin' douchebags........Funny thing is, these Jackwagons have no qualms about chopping an innocent life into lil' pieces, and then sucking it summarily from the womb. And they have the audacity to preach about compassion.

And here we have more far left wing, paranoid delusional BS.

And these fools wonder why their asinine liberal/progressive agenda is going down the tubes.

Fact is, we are a proven center/right society....Always have been.....The only people buying into the above tripe, are the looniest of the loons.

"Those right wingers wanna kill off women, the elderly, the poor, your puppies.....OOOOOOOOOOOH, THE HUMAAAAAAAANITY!"

Fuckin' douchebags........Funny thing is, these Jackwagons have no qualms about chopping an innocent life into lil' pieces, and then sucking it summarily from the womb. And they have the audacity to preach about compassion.

Actually, we are a left to center society, but our politics are becoming more extreme right.

However, you live if fuckiing "la-la-land".

I think you know the answer as well as I do, lobbyists and special interest groups have too much money and influence in Washington on both sides of the aisle.

Look, sound, and act like an idiot. Just how old are you anyway?

I think you know the answer as well as I do, lobbyists and special interest groups have too much money and influence in Washington on both sides of the aisle.

Look, sound, and act like an idiot. Just how old are you anyway?
He's a pup......No doubt about it.

Probably being spoonfed liberal/progressive tripe by some loony community college professor........And LINK TV.:cool:

Any other assumptions ya'll would like to make about someone you don't know anything about? I just want to make sure you guys have enough rope to hang yourselves with.

We are a center society. Status quo defines the center. Left and right are directions that we move in. But we're always where we are. Arguments about whether we're left or right are arbitrary. Only interesting to the people who identify with the struggle between the poles.

Polls show that 40% consider themselves conservative, 20% consider themselves liberal, and 40% identify with neither. But when asked about underlying issues, the majority express liberal views on most subjects.

Here is an interesting article that describes the dynamics at work in how American societal forces drive our politics. It's written from a Democratic perspective. But he's not grinding his axe, just making an interesting point.

The Democrats Are Doomed, or How A ‘Big Tent’ Can Be Too Big « OkTrends

Last edited:

Forum List

Back