why are we afriad of the draft?

sagegirl said:
I appreciate it when comments relate to the topic....thank you. This got way off subject, and frustrated those of us who wanted to speak to the topic from any meaningful thread.

As opposed to blaming people for stopping your freedom of expression , why don't you just jump right in and say anything you want that applies to the title of the thread? Personal responsibility is a GOOD thing !

-=d=- said:
See? we've lost a spirit of service in this nation. There was a time when the only qualifying criteria for a man was 'Does my Country Need me?' - now it's 'is this war approved by the UN??'.

:-/

You probably remember the war in Afghanistan. You probably also remember how united the country was in support of that war. I would have supported a draft and served if called for that war. I personally don’t give a flying damn what the UN thinks d. The UN representatives aren’t the people who are going to be drafted. Nobody should have to fight and die for what they think is wrong.

deaddude said:
You probably remember the war in Afghanistan. You probably also remember how united the country was in support of that war. I would have supported a draft and served if called for that war. I personally don’t give a flying damn what the UN thinks d. The UN representatives aren’t the people who are going to be drafted. Nobody should have to fight and die for what they think is wrong.

Your right--they should have the choice of staying home and watch all their loved ones being killed, raped and tortured. :puke3:

If their loved ones were being killed dillo they probably wouldn’t think it was wrong to go and fight. One does not have to support the war in order to be good American. The issue is divided pretty evenly. I would care to hear what potential draftees think before sending them out to be killed, raped, and tortured.

deaddude said:
If their loved ones were being killed dillo they probably wouldn’t think it was wrong to go and fight. One does not have to support the war in order to be good American. The issue is divided pretty evenly. I would care to hear what potential draftees think before sending them out to be killed, raped, and tortured.

When was the last time an american serviceman was raped?

hey guys, there is no problem with being afraid to serve... going through with the service with a good heart (even though you are full of fear) is what makes Americans Americans. I am going to go through med school on the armies money, and when I get out I will serve wherever they send me. I want to fix up our boys so that they can get back out and shoot-up some more rag-heads.

You raise an excellent point, John. Often, a hero is the guy who does what has to be done, even when he's scared shitless.

Forum List

Back