The Greatest American

Isaac Brock

Sep 28, 2003
Inspired by watching "The Greatest Canadian" debate in Canada, who would you pick for your greatest American, ever and why?

The greatest American, ever - whew! That's going to require some thought, Isaac. As far as the greatest American of my lifetime, that's easy - Ronald Reagan.

Who was picked as the greatest Canadian?

musicman said:
The greatest American, ever - whew! That's going to require some thought, Isaac. As far as the greatest American of my lifetime, that's easy - Ronald Reagan.

Who was picked as the greatest Canadian?

Hasn't yet, but I think it'll probably be Pierre Trudeau. It was amazing though, looking through all the candidates and realizing there are actually some good choices out there.

That would be tough to choose, there are so many.

Lincoln comes to mind for me.... But there are so many more.

Jefferson also comes to mind.

Edison too.

MLK.

R. Reagan

Dang I can't seem to make up my mind. I will attempt this one again later when I have whittled down the list a bit.

Isaac Brock said:
Hasn't yet, but I think it'll probably be Pierre Trudeau. It was amazing though, looking through all the candidates and realizing there are actually some good choices out there.

This American would nominate the brave folks at the Canadian Embassy in Teheran, who rescued those Americans in '79. Thanks again, neighbor!

greatest american would have to be by century IMHO...

george washington-18th century
abraham lincoln- 19th century
FDR- 20th century
(ronald reagan special mention for being the only man who could have pulled off the end of the cold war)

I would have to go with George Washington, too. Not only a great military leader, but showed that he really wasn't interested in any personal gain, he just wanted freedom for the country. They had to twist his arm to get him to be president, then had to twist it again to get him to accept another term.

Easy choice...

greatest.a.hero.jpg

^^ oh my god! hahaha tight! i LOVED that show!

you ever see that movie "House" ? awww yeah :)

Greatest American, OF COURSE, George Washington! The TRUE patriot. Probably one of the only people who truly had the "vision" in mind when making decisions.

Forum List

Back