why are we afriad of the draft?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dmp, Oct 18, 2004.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    seriously? What is it with people today - 'fear the draft'.

:-/

If 'this' generation had been around in WWII, Everyone east of the rockies would speak German, everyone west would speak Japanese.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,205
    Im not sure. I know if the situation was bad enough that we needed a draft id be more than willing to go fight for my country atleast if they let me with my medical conditions.. Wish i could say the same about other blood relatives.

3. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure it's more of a Parent issue - there are alot of Mother's out there with only one Son. One Son to carry on the name. I only have one Son, and I would fear if my Son was called to War, yet I would be proud at the same time if this were his choice.

4. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    This might be a bit off your question, but I don't think the draft will be reinstituted, at least not under President Bush. But if it should be reinstituted, who would be more likely to do it? Isn't it Kerry who says we don't have enough boots on the ground and , if elected president, states openly in the campaign that he plans to increase the number serving in the military?

5. MrMarbles

MrMarbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The generation that fought WW 2 had a clear enemy, a clear goal and a just cause. It's a lot easier to fight with the proper motivation.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,205
    We have a clear enemy too. Terrorists and nations and regimes that support terrorism. We have a clear goal: Freedom throughout the world and terrorists either dead or in prison. And we clearly have a just cause. The defense and promotion of freedom throughout the world is certainly a just cause. Fighting tyrants who rule and oppress our brethren throughout the world.

Freedom isnt God's gift to America. Its God's gift to the world. The Lord had a purpose for establishing the United States. We live in an barbaric world. Yet there is a beacon of Freedom to fight barbarism. That is what the United States is.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I think folks are "afraid" of it because it might require thier Oprahfied, wussified asses to go out and make a difference. I really don't think that most libs are truely patriotic to this country...

8. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    :stupid:

I don't hate America because I'm liberal, I'm liberal because I hate America!

:poop:

9. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    they are afraid of it because they may have to get up off the sofa and actually do something that doesnt require a remote control or a video game.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Exactly, why to be afraid. In almost every other civilized country a military stin is required, in Greece it is two years. It makes you a better pewrson in the long run. But alas our country has become "playstationed and liberal" people don't see civil service as a service anymore.