Why are republicans automatically considered racist?

You know that the LA Times were the ones who called Obama "the magic negro" and that the song you linked was making fun of the LA times for doing that, correct?

Some truth for you in case you were seeking it ;).

I believe the racist parody mentioned the LA times but that doesn't they were making fun of the LA times and that doesn't make the actions of Republicans any less racist.

Rush Limbaugh said:
Well, let me tell you about the roots of this. There was a columnist in the Los Angeles Times named David Ehrenstein, and on Monday, he wrote a piece about Barack is the "magic negro." He claimed that there is, in the black culture, this term "magic negro." His point in this column was that Barack Obama is not authentic. He hasn't been down for the struggle. Plus he's not been around long enough for people to know what he actually stands for substance-wise, and so white people who are supporting Barack are simply doing so to assuage their white guilt over the transgressions in the past in this country, such as slavery and so forth. So his theory is that Barack coming along, he's black and that's all that matters. Nobody cares what he stands for. Nobody knows what he stands for.

It was a column, essentially, accusing white people supporting Obama of being racist because they don't care what he stands for and don't care what he's going to do. The fact that he's black is enough for them, to make them not feel guilty as long as they say they support him, and that was the definition of "magic negro." Now, on this program, we made it a big point to point out that it was -- and this columnist is black, by the way, David Ehrenstein is black, and he used the term, which is why it says so in the lyric line of the song. So we're just highlighting what the left says. I believe they're the true racists. I believe they're the ones that look at people and notice whatever is different about them from white liberals. Either they're black or they're gay or they're Hispanic or whatever. They immediately group people, and most of them happen to be victims. Yet we conservatives are the ones, Uriah, who get tarred and feathered with these allegations.

there you go

That doesn't mean the song is making fun of the LA times. The conclusion that because the LA Times wrote an article about Magic Negro means the song is not racist is wrong.

Last edited:
I believe the racist parody mentioned the LA times but that doesn't they were making fun of the LA times and that doesn't make the actions of Republicans any less racist.

Rush Limbaugh said:
Well, let me tell you about the roots of this. There was a columnist in the Los Angeles Times named David Ehrenstein, and on Monday, he wrote a piece about Barack is the "magic negro." He claimed that there is, in the black culture, this term "magic negro." His point in this column was that Barack Obama is not authentic. He hasn't been down for the struggle. Plus he's not been around long enough for people to know what he actually stands for substance-wise, and so white people who are supporting Barack are simply doing so to assuage their white guilt over the transgressions in the past in this country, such as slavery and so forth. So his theory is that Barack coming along, he's black and that's all that matters. Nobody cares what he stands for. Nobody knows what he stands for.

It was a column, essentially, accusing white people supporting Obama of being racist because they don't care what he stands for and don't care what he's going to do. The fact that he's black is enough for them, to make them not feel guilty as long as they say they support him, and that was the definition of "magic negro." Now, on this program, we made it a big point to point out that it was -- and this columnist is black, by the way, David Ehrenstein is black, and he used the term, which is why it says so in the lyric line of the song. So we're just highlighting what the left says. I believe they're the true racists. I believe they're the ones that look at people and notice whatever is different about them from white liberals. Either they're black or they're gay or they're Hispanic or whatever. They immediately group people, and most of them happen to be victims. Yet we conservatives are the ones, Uriah, who get tarred and feathered with these allegations.

there you go

That doesn't mean the song is making fun of the LA times.

But that was the whole point of the song, to make fun of the time's racist column. They wanted to make fun of those who said Obama wasn't a real black man, that he wasn't legit, and all the other "not black enough for us" racist comments that were going around. Listen to the song its blatantly obvious.

Someone with an agenda duped you into perpetrating their agenda and inaccurate viewpoint

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxVkLhlu5s]YouTube - ‪Barack Obama The Magic Negro‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
And of course TM takes it to a whole nutha level by insisting it's a documented fact that republicans are racist.

It is a documented fact...

:lol:

Didn't you recently start a thread about the anatomy of a fact or something like that?

Pity you didn't learn anything. But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Yes I started a thread in which lI asked EVERONE to outline how they determine a fact.

Not one con was able to give any critera that they accept to determine a fact.

They also denied the cold hard court documented facts I presented them.

Except one person

Are you on the right going to continue to lie about why black voters vote the way they do?

If you do in light of these cold hard court doicumented facts then you ARE racists.

And of course TM takes it to a whole nutha level by insisting it's a documented fact that republicans are racist.

Didn't you recently start a thread about the anatomy of a fact or something like that?

Yes I started a thread in which lI asked EVERONE to outline how they determine a fact.

Except one person

Truthmatters, you really live life in black and white don't you? You don't care much about the GIGANTIC Grey area in the middle. I am going to go outside the box of party titles. You give AMERICANS in general a bad name. As a person who is moderate and agrees with aspects from both parties I see you as the ultimate problem with this country (extremism from both sides). Yes there are wackos on both the left and right, and just like all of them you just want to believe what you want to believe and just keep on trucking. I am not just talking about this topic, where you ignored several posts, some by me, explaining the point of this GOP operation, you do this with every topic. If you don't agree, then it isn't right, you can't see any GREY area, only what you want to see. I personally feel sorry for everyone in your life for having to deal with this stupidity, and am thankful that your beautiful dogs don't have to listen to your mundane bullshit like we all do everyday.

Last edited:
Your silly attempts to explain away the illegal manuvering of the republican partys attempts to keep black people from voting are pathetic.

The republican party agreed to sign a consent decree to avoid having to go to trial on the issue.

The courts have found that they have repetedly BROKEN that legally binding decree and because of the republican partys illegal attempts over the years the consent decree has never been vacated.

In 2008 a judge denied them yet again and in his decision he outlined all the illegal atempts over the years.

In short the courts of our country disagreed with the republicans bullshit explanations.

TM's anatomy of a 'fact' part 37: A would-be defendant settling out of court is factual evidence of guilt.

Except one person

Truthmatters, you really live life in black and white don't you? You don't care much about the GIGANTIC Grey area in the middle. I am going to go outside the box of party titles. You give AMERICANS in general a bad name. As a person who is moderate and agrees with aspects from both parties I see you as the ultimate problem with this country (extremism from both sides). Yes there are wackos on both the left and right, and just like all of them you just want to believe what you want to believe and just keep on trucking. I am not just talking about this topic, where you ignored several posts, some by me, explaining the point of this GOP operation, you do this with every topic. If you don't agree, then it isn't right, you can't see any GREY area, only what you want to see. I personally feel sorry for everyone in your life for having to deal with this stupidity, and am thankful that your beautiful dogs don't have to listen to your mundane bullshit like we all do everyday.

Truthmatters
This message is hidden because Truthmatters is on your ignore list.

I feel so free. Don't have to deal with the nonsense of extremist stupidity any longer.

Considering she stilll thinks it's a "Documented fact" that Republicans controlled the entire Federal Government during 9/11 despite Democrats having taken control of the Senate 3 months prior, it's difficult for anyone to take her facts seriously.

Honestly, I wish she would learn some things. It's just sad watching all that potential get wasted with nonsense.

“Barack the Magic Negro” is Prominent Republican’s Stocking Stuffer

Chip Saltsman (pictured), candidate to head the Republican National Committee, sends out a Christmas goodie bag to RNC members with a CD including the racially loaded parody of Obama’s liberal supporters.

Courtesy of Eric Kleefeld of Talking Points Memo, who aptly notes:

“If one of the Republican Party’s challenges is how to effectively oppose the first black president without coming off as racist, one of the candidates for RNC chair is hardly off to a good start — he is now distributing a CD that includes a racially-charged song called “Barack, The Magic Negro.”

The CD is by Paul Shanklin, who writes right-wing parody tunes and is often featured on Rush Limbaugh. Casey has, of course, already documented in detail Rush’s racist history.

“Barack the Magic Negro” is Prominent Republican’s Stocking Stuffer | News One

You know that the LA Times were the ones who called Obama "the magic negro" and that the song you linked was making fun of the LA times for doing that, correct?

Some truth for you in case you were seeking it ;).

The parody was making fun of the LA Times article. That, unlike much of TM's assertions, is a documented fact. Amazing how mocking the racism of others is racist to you. The honest in heart would see how absurd that LA Times article was and appreciate the humor of the parody.

Oh, and considering you already admit it's a parody, it's kind of hard for you to honestly claim it's not making fun of the LA Times. If it isn't then what the heck is it parodying?

Blacks dont vote republican because republicans try to keep black people from voting.

Its as simple as that.

If you say otherwise you are lying about 90% of the black people in this country.

That can be considered racism in any book

Blacks dont vote republican because republicans try to keep black people from voting.

Its as simple as that.

If you say otherwise you are lying about 90% of the black people in this country.

That can be considered racism in any book

Im sure Herman Cain, Colin Powell, Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, Thomas Sowell, and many other black Republicans would tell you otherwise.

It's amazing how much you argue for the party of slavery.

Now you know why blacks sometimes call those people " house *******".

Because they work for a party that truies to keep their fellow blacks from voting.

Just like the republicans call republicans who dont WAY RIGHT rinos.

Because they work for a party that truies to keep their fellow blacks from voting.

because they disagree with you politically and dont follow the group think.

I can't believe you have the audacity to lie about blacks who disagree with you politically. You actually are going to argue that they are fighting to surpress blacks from voting. It never occurs to you that they might know something you don't know. Namely that hard work and good character will give you success in life regardless of the color of your skin. I hope you learn that someday and stop attacking them for doing good with their lives.

I think a consensus would say that one of the only types we would like to keep from voting are the mentally ill that should be committed... and you certainly fit that category

I think a consensus would say that one of the only types we would like to keep from voting are the mentally ill that should be committed... and you certainly fit that category

It's amazing how fighting to preserve the rights of those who are legally allowed to vote and stop those that are not legally eligible for voting is somehow racist. You would think that black Americans, like all others, wouldn't want their votes rendered irrelevant due to voter fraud.

But anything to keep Democrats in power!

Forum List

Back