Why are Leftists mostly atheists?

Leftist are generally atheist because we are logical thinkers.

If you look at religion logically, it makes zero sense.
Leftists are generally atheists because they BELIEVE there is no other solution but governmental control and manipulation. They are not brilliant, merely pragmatic given their belief.

Last edited:

Leftists are generally atheists because they BELIEVE there is no other solution but governmental control and manipulation.

In 1 Samuel 8 we see the Hebrew nation demand a human king. The prophet Samuel goes before the Lord and the Lord tells him that the people are rejecting him as king. So he tells the prophet to tell the people that he will let them have their king ONLY so long as they are warned about the abuses they will suffer at the hand of a human king.

The people listened but would not be swayed, so God gave them Saul.

After that, it was one disaster after another as the Hebrew nation spiraled downward and into the ovens of the Holocaust.

I happen to be a lefty and I'm not athist

Do you disagree with the church doctrine that abortion is murder or do you not care?

Do all Churches have the same doctrine?

I am asking because the Bible doesn't mention abortion.
The Bible does speak of Baal and those who adhered to that religion. They historically would take unwanted babies and burn them alive in a fire that burned in the tummy their idols! Most societies of that time would understood that abortion was to kill the mother as well as the baby. It was more logical to them to have the baby and then THROW IT AWAY! Today's medical practices simply move the events forward... And instead of a burning Idol the baby is exposed to chemical salt solutions and machines that tear the baby limb from limb.

The Bible doesn't specifically mention abortion but did mention killing pregnant women and babies- all commanded by the god of the Bible.

1 Samuel 15 (New International Version)
The LORD Rejects Saul as King
1 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

Numbers 31:15-18 New International Version (NIV)
15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Psalm 137:8-9 New International Version (NIV)
8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is the one who repays you
according to what you have done to us.
9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

Leftists are generally atheists because they BELIEVE there is no other solution but governmental control and manipulation.

In 1 Samuel 8 we see the Hebrew nation demand a human king. The prophet Samuel goes before the Lord and the Lord tells him that the people are rejecting him as king. So he tells the prophet to tell the people that he will let them have their king ONLY so long as they are warned about the abuses they will suffer at the hand of a human king.

After that, it was one disaster after another as the Hebrew nation spiraled downward and into the ovens of the Holocaust.
The nation wanted a king like everyone else had. So GOD gave them exactly what they wished and they reaped nothing but trouble as a result.

Not all are. There’s a distribution for darn near everything.

As a rule progressives generally tend to be atheists. And the more left one is the more militant they tend to be in their atheism. Take rightwinger for example.

Hmmm I guess there is a corollary there- the more right one is the more militant they tend to be in their evangelical Christianity and Christian victimhood.
Christian victimhood? Victim mentality is a liberal institution.

I disagree. Religion and belief in a higher power (two different things BTW) offers functional advantages that atheism does not. It's very Darwinian in that regard. If it were not that way it would not have persisted for 6000 years in overwhelming numbers. Unless of course you want to argue against Darwin and natural selection.

Not all are. There’s a distribution for darn near everything.

As a rule progressives generally tend to be atheists. And the more left one is the more militant they tend to be in their atheism. Take rightwinger for example.

Hmmm I guess there is a corollary there- the more right one is the more militant they tend to be in their evangelical Christianity and Christian victimhood.
Christian victimhood? Victim mentality is a liberal institution.

Then I guess all of those poor Christian victims of the 'war on Christianity' must all be liberals....

conservative Christian zealot Todd Starnes has spent the past few weeks trying to convince people that “public schools are shoving Christians in the closet” because a Washington state football coach was told he could not pray at the 50-yard line after games.

I disagree. Religion and belief in a higher power (two different things BTW) offers functional advantages that atheism does not. It's very Darwinian in that regard. If it were not that way it would not have persisted for 6000 years in overwhelming numbers. Unless of course you want to argue against Darwin and natural selection.

I would not disagree that there was a time when organized religion provided benefits to mankind- which as you pointed out was the reason for religions to persist for so long.

That doesn't mean that religions still provides a functional advantage over not believing in fairy tales- the thing about evolution is that things are always changing- if 'religion' results in more people having more surviving babies in the future- perhaps that will be true. Of course if 'religion' doesn't provide for more people having more surviving babies in the future- then naturally religion would evolve out of our society.

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
Demonic.

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
Demonic.

I just think the Bible is right. We all are really just sheep.

So choose your shepherd wisely.

It's just that simple.
Demonic.

I just think the Bible is right. We all are really just sheep.

So choose your shepherd wisely.
Look at every position where the left and right disagree. 100% of those are anti Biblical.

This is the problem with religion. You are quoting stuff from the Bible. How do you know the Bible is the true? There are literally 1000s of other religious text and religions out there that claim to be the one true faith that got will grant got heaven.

I could start quoting you shit from the Quran. It claims to be true as well.

Christianity has been able to maintain itself through war and colonization. Nothing holy about that.

Religion has been losing its grip on society for the past 100 years because humans are evolving and realizing it's bullshit. There was a time when people believed in Odin and Zeus. Now it's nothing but a mythology.

It's just that simple.

It's not simple. And you know that Votto.

If they... the Leftists ... knew they are going to suffer like they never knew they could suffer.....

so they become atheists....in the stupid belief nothing will happen to them

oh how wrong they are....
You are so full of hate.

This is the problem with religion. You are quoting stuff from the Bible. How do you know the Bible is the true? There are literally 1000s of other religious text and religions out there that claim to be the one true faith that got will grant got heaven.

I could start quoting you shit from the Quran. It claims to be true as well.
I understand the Bible and its focus is the prophetic message of the SAVIOR. The Quran is rhyme and rhythm with lots of flourishes. The message is unclear, salvation is illusive, and historic fact unimportant. As for ancient text about gods and goddesses --- they have been all replaced by the Living Word of GOD that everyone can read and understand concerning a loving LORD and SAVIOR GOD --- no need for sybles and mystics.

Society isn't evolving, it's becoming more dependent on technology. It imagines it has evolved. Take away the technology and most would starve and seek caves...

Last edited:

Christianity has been able to maintain itself through war and colonization. Nothing holy about that.

Religion has been losing its grip on society for the past 100 years because humans are evolving and realizing it's bullshit. There was a time when people believed in Odin and Zeus. Now it's nothing but a mythology.
No. No one is being forced to be a Christian. That is absurd.

Every major civilization which has existed since the beginning of man has overwhelmingly believed in a higher power. There's a reason for that. It's in our nature. We are hardwired to worship.

Christianity has been able to maintain itself through war and colonization. Nothing holy about that. Along with Islam. Christianity and Islam are the top 2 religions because they did the most killing and colonization.

No. No one is being forced to be a Christian. That is absurd.

Every major civilization which has existed since the beginning of man has overwhelmingly believed in a higher power. There's a reason for that. It's in our nature. We are hardwired to worship.

LOL. Are you serious? Christianity was spread by the sword and through slick missionaries.

Civilizations also use to eat other people, enslave people and other horrible things. But we've evolved and realized those things are wrong.

People made up gods and other supernatural beings, because things couldn't be explained. They didn't have the scientific tools and advancements to explain simple things like how the sun went up and down. So they said it was supernatural being out there.

Forum List

Back