Why are Leftists mostly atheists?

This thread was ridiculous from the beginning because Votto cannot possibly know of the spiritual beliefs of a large number of people that he does not know.

That said, there are lots of religions in this world that people believe in and have scriptures and other writings.They are not atheists by any stretch of the imagination.

So now you think I want a king? I'm amazed at all the things you claim to know about me that are just wrong.

You are a Leftists. I've seen enough of your posts to know this. You are continually clamoring for a stronger and more centralized government.

Do you not want the government to completely take over things like health care? Of course you do.

And why is that? It's because people are sheep and without a shepherd, we both instinctively know that the wolves will devour us.

I'm impressed. What else do you know about me that I don't even know myself. What am I thinking right now?

You also need free college
Do you think Bulldog actually needs free college? Like you think he is in high school looking for a free ticket or do you think if he supports that policy he might have other reasoning?

So now you think I want a king? I'm amazed at all the things you claim to know about me that are just wrong.

You are a Leftists. I've seen enough of your posts to know this. You are continually clamoring for a stronger and more centralized government.

Do you not want the government to completely take over things like health care? Of course you do.

And why is that? It's because people are sheep and without a shepherd, we both instinctively know that the wolves will devour us.

I'm impressed. What else do you know about me that I don't even know myself. What am I thinking right now?

Do you think Bulldog actually needs free college? Like you think he is in high school looking for a free ticket or do you think if he supports that policy he might have other reasoning?

Giving "free" things away is just a little game we play at election time. The GOP then counters with lower taxes, etc.

That's why the US has the largest debt in human history.

What makes sheep like Bulldog pull the lever come election time is anyone's guess, but guessing it has to do with giving away free stuff is a pretty good assumption.

As for giving away free college, make no mistake, Dims are not going to give away free college to Harvard. No, that is for their children to get really good jobs. What will be offered is community college that might buy you a cup of coffee to keep the little guy in his place.

Could this be Bulldog?

Exactly what other reasoning do you think I might have?

Because the Obamaphone just didn't do it for you anymore?

Because the Obamaphone just didn't do it for you anymore?

Obamaphones? Really? That's as crazy as the birth certificate silliness. You RWNJs come up with the dumbest crap..

Leftist are generally atheist because we are logical thinkers.

If you look at religion logically, it makes zero sense.
I disagree. Religion and belief in a higher power (two different things BTW) offers functional advantages that atheism does not. It's very Darwinian in that regard. If it were not that way it would not have persisted for 6000 years in overwhelming numbers. Unless of course you want to argue against Darwin and natural selection.

Christianity has been able to maintain itself through war and colonization. Nothing holy about that.

Religion has been losing its grip on society for the past 100 years because humans are evolving and realizing it's bullshit. There was a time when people believed in Odin and Zeus. Now it's nothing but a mythology.
No. No one is being forced to be a Christian. That is absurd.

Every major civilization which has existed since the beginning of man has overwhelmingly believed in a higher power. There's a reason for that. It's in our nature. We are hardwired to worship.

Nonsense. The odds are that if you were living under Isis control you would be on your knees five time a day blubbering about mohammed. If you were living in ancient rome you would be paying homage to Caesar. If you were living in ancient babylon you would be sacrificing your children to Marduk.

People who do not conform to the religious norm however absurd or ridiculous become a pariah and are persecuted, exiled, or killed.

If you woke up tomorrow and found out that wearing pants was suddenly illegal under penalty of death you would be prancing around in a skirt in no time as if it was perfectly natural.

If you were really hardwired to believe in and worship a higher power you wouldn't be a prisoner of the fear of persecution so debilitating that you can't even allow yourself to question the absurdity of your professed belief in an edible triune mangod that diddled a virgin to become fully human without human father.

People are not hardwired to worship anything, they are hardwired to survive.

Having enough faith to oppose the bullshit is the exception.

Last edited:

I disagree. Religion and belief in a higher power (two different things BTW) offers functional advantages that atheism does not. It's very Darwinian in that regard. If it were not that way it would not have persisted for 6000 years in overwhelming numbers. Unless of course you want to argue against Darwin and natural selection.

Christianity has been able to maintain itself through war and colonization. Nothing holy about that.

Religion has been losing its grip on society for the past 100 years because humans are evolving and realizing it's bullshit. There was a time when people believed in Odin and Zeus. Now it's nothing but a mythology.

Every major civilization which has existed since the beginning of man has overwhelmingly believed in a higher power. There's a reason for that. It's in our nature. We are hardwired to worship.

Nonsense. The odds are that if you were living under Isis control you would be on your knees five time a day blubbering about mohammed. If you were living in ancient rome you would be paying homage to Caesar. If you were living in ancient babylon you would be sacrificing your children to Marduk.

People who do not conform to the religious norm however absurd or ridiculous become a pariah and are persecuted, exiled, or killed.

If you woke up tomorrow and found out that wearing pants was suddenly illegal under penalty of death you would be prancing around in a skirt in no time as if it was perfectly natural.

"People who do not conform to the religious norm however absurd or ridiculous become a pariah and are persecuted, exiled, or killed." Or simply get called names on this board. amirite or AMIRITE!!!

"People who do not conform to the religious norm however absurd or ridiculous become a pariah and are persecuted, exiled, or killed." Or simply get called names on this board. amirite or AMIRITE!!!

lol... Pssst! No one would be calling you names like a degenerate if you weren't saying degenerate things...

If you were invited to a black tie event but showed up dressed in filthy rags reeking of cheap wine and vomit the doorman would have no choice but to throw you out into the darkness where you can complain all you like about the nerve of some people with all of the other funky degenerates out there when the festivities begin.

lol... Pssst! No one would be calling you names like a degenerate if you weren't saying degenerate things...

If you were invited to a black tie event but showed up dressed in filthy rags reeking of cheap wine and vomit the doorman would have no choice but to throw you out into the darkness where you can complain all you like about the nerve of some people with all of the other funky degenerates out there when the festivities begin.
You're persecuting me for my questions about your beliefs. I bet you have some well used thumb screws and a rack.

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.

Secret is that most atheist aren’t really atheists. Compare it to that closeted gay dude who always has to say how many wenches he’s they layed.

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.

The basic precept of religion is that man is subject to a higher, lasting authority greater than himself. That is the basis of morality. Kings come and go, but God is eternal. And because he is eternal, rights bestowed of him are ever-lasting.

But that puts the state in an awkward position which wants absolute power. So it denies God, ie.: atheism, because what the STATE gives, it can change or take away.

Therefore, theism puts man as subject to God; atheism puts man in charge of himself. How convenient: that makes the State as ABSOLUTE in its power over men, and it makes morality and ethics relative, freeing man and especially the State to do whatever the hell it damn pleases. Is it any wonder why all dictatorships and autocracies have always been atheistic? And it places leftist doctrine as being self-determined and self-governed with itself as its own moral compass, able to change on a whim.

It's just that simple.

The basic precept of religion is that man is subject to a higher, lasting authority greater than himself. That is the basis of morality. Kings come and go, but God is eternal. And because he is eternal, rights bestowed of him are ever-lasting.

But that puts the state in an awkward position which wants absolute power. So it denies God, ie.: atheism, because what the STATE gives, it can change or take away.

Therefore, theism puts man as subject to God; atheism puts man in charge of himself. How convenient: that makes the State as ABSOLUTE in its power over men, and it makes morality and ethics relative, freeing man and especially the State to do whatever the hell it damn pleases. Is it any wonder why all dictatorships and autocracies have always been atheistic? And it places leftist doctrine as being self-determined and self-governed with itself as its own moral compass, able to change on a whim.

Yes and no.

It used to be that man became a god so that others would follow them, then when that no longer worked, man claimed to speak for God with all the fabulous historic examples of theocracies we have been given. But when that no longer worked, man claimed that there is no God, thus making himself the ultimate authority once again

It's just a game we play.

It's just that simple.

Yes and no.

It used to be that man became a god so that others would follow them, then when that no longer worked, man claimed to speak for God with all the fabulous historic examples of theocracies we have been given. But when that no longer worked, man claimed that there is no God, thus making himself the ultimate authority once again

So basically, as an atheist, you are simply shilling for atheism by claiming that all aspects of religion were mere creations in men's minds.

It's just that simple.

Yes and no.

So basically, as an atheist, you are simply shilling for atheism by claiming that all aspects of religion were mere creations in men's minds.

I am not an atheist, I'm a Christian

I'm merely illustrating the problem with mixing the state and church.

The Founding Fathers understood this as they experienced the abuses of the state preaching from the pulpit. That is why they did not sponsor a state run church.

After all, Eurpopeans came to America for religious freedom, not to escape atheism. There is no way to keep a righteous God out of the unrighteous affairs of politics concerning man's wealth and personal power.

Christ warned us that his kingdom is not of this world, nor can be. He neither ran for political office nor raised an army.

When questioned by Pilate before his demise, he told him that if his kingdom were of this world, his followers would raise swords in his defense.

Christendom seems to have learned this lesson regarding theocracy with all it's historical abuses, such as Inquisitions and Crusades and oppression of Jews in Europe, but Islam has not. With Islam, their religion and politics are inseparable, thanks to the teaching of the need for Sharia law.

Last edited:

Giving "free" things away is just a little game we play at election time. The GOP then counters with lower taxes, etc.

What makes sheep like Bulldog pull the lever come election time is anyone's guess, but guessing it has to do with giving away free stuff is a pretty good assumption.

As for giving away free college, make no mistake, Dims are not going to give away free college to Harvard. No, that is for their children to get really good jobs. What will be offered is community college that might buy you a cup of coffee to keep the little guy in his place.

Could this be Bulldog?

Is the idea of providing free or subsidized community college, like a high school extension that crazy?

Do you see value in a better educated youth?

I’d hope you see the value in education and providing our youth, especially the poor youth, with the opportunity to get a higher education without the burden of crippling debt.

Could this be Bulldog?

Is the idea of providing free or subsidized community college, like a high school extension that crazy?

I see the value of education.

Unfortunately, in public funded education US children rank about 48th in the world, even though they spend the most.

As for college, the thing that drives up costs are lower student loan rates and government money. Subsidizing only increases the supply and demand.

Could this be Bulldog?

Unfortunately, in public funded education US children rank about 48th in the world, even though they spend the most.

As for college, the thing that drives up costs are lower student loan rates and government money. Subsidizing only increases the supply and demand.

I think there needs to be a lot of reform and improvement with our education system. I don’t think providing higher education for our poor is a bad idea but I’d have to see the plan. Y’all seem so quick to dismiss it as another leach program. It’s a shame

Could this be Bulldog?

I think there needs to be a lot of reform and improvement with our education system. I don’t think providing higher education for our poor is a bad idea but I’d have to see the plan. Y’all seem so quick to dismiss it as another leach program. It’s a shame

Did I dismiss it? No, but I would like to see more competition with a voucher program.

What say you?

Forum List

Back