Why Are Leftist Commentators Making Doom&Gloom Predictions If Taxes Get Lowered?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rexx Taylor, Oct 11, 2017.

1. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,768
    Yes, you did do that. I doubt you even know what that means.

2. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,962
    /----/ Yeah, I get your fake outrage. So why don't Democrats pay their fair share?

3. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,962
    /----/ I understand that following a line of thought is tough for you but please focus. I'm responding to this statement: "Low income people spend all income they get," and I recounted my story of being low income. But more recently, my eldest daughter set out on her own at 22 and was low income. She worked two jobs and managed to save money from each paycheck.

4. bear513

bear513 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,139

For one who loans people/bussuness money and what money do they have on hand to loan ?

For two that's just projection on your part by saying all and most, we all know they live beyond their means and buy stuff they don't need or want

5. antontoo

antontoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,070
    I understand that following a line of thought is tough for you but please focus - ANECDOTES ARE PISS POOR EVIDENCE and if you want to have serious discussion you need to look up economic data.

[​IMG]

Why doesn't you anecdote match the data? Because for every low income person squeezing out a few bucks into piggy bank there are tons more that are maxing out credit cards.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 1:54 PM
  6. bear513

bear513 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,139

That's your retort? Saying people are brainwashed into buying crap they don't want or need (or forced into buying..see obozo care) and not saving?

7. bear513

bear513 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,139

Here are some common reasons why people choose not to save money:

“There is always something I need.”You can always enjoy a better television or a newer car, but splurging on the latest models can be a very expensive (and unnecessary) bad habit. You should only upgrade your electronics, etc. when your older model is broken, not every time a newer model comes out.

“I Want to Live in the Moment.” This is probably the most common reason people choose not to save money, and it is also probably the biggest financial mistake that people make. Just because you have other financial priorities, such as traveling or paying off debt, doesn’t mean that you can’t save money at the same time. It just means that you can’t save as much money. Make a list of your current financial priorities and allocate your funds accordingly.

“I’ll Start Saving Later.” This is another huge financial mistake. Procrastination can be very costly; for example, if you save $100 per month for 25 years at an interest rate of 3% you will accumulate $44,712.28. If you chose to start saving later, and you saved for 15 years instead, you would only accumulate $22,754.01. This is the advantage of compound interest.

“You Can’t Take It With You.” This is true, but your personal expenses don’t stop at death. The cost of a funeral in the United States can add up to $10,000; if you don’t have personal savings, your loved ones will be responsible for covering these costs. Other post-mortem expenses include paying off debts and paying final taxes.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,283
    Um, no, guy. Those items, really don't get us close to any real numbers.

40 Billion - that's what you have to find in cuts. Good luck.

9. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,283
    Mostly because that separate tax is't covering their expenses anymore, so they have to draw from general fund.

So again- 4.2 Trillion. Where are you going to get the savings to pay for Trumpenfuhrer's tax cuts?

10. antontoo

antontoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,070
    Clearly I'm dealing with an idiot.

Rich people have higher savings rates than lower incomes. It is common sense and it is what data clearly shows, so unless you have some data to the contrary you can take your stupid posts and get lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 2:49 PM