Why are churches locked at night Time in America?

One thing I am getting from this thread and the OP is the idea that churches should remain open, regardless of what the individual church thinks. I strongly disagree with that.

I see this all over the place at least here in Buffalo. All of the churches are locked up at night time. I even see it with one of the mosques in Lackawanna. There’s a a padlock on it.

It’s not like this in South America and in Russia, there the churches are open 24/7 …people can go in there and pray when they want as they should be able to.
It's because of vandals and other desecrators. Same here in Oz.

Greg

Of course, there’s a direct connection between the two. We all share the same world. And so it will be evil to let slavery in Africa go while condemning the KKK Totally evil add hypocritical the two often go with each other.

There are black supremacists in America, and so it will be evil to just say oh it’s fine what they do, who cares about it.

And who is you? Who is we the only person who supports your type of views are a tiny portion of Americans.. Most of them are far left white people who live in the suburbs and who have no idea what it’s like to live or work in the inner city communities that I worked in for two years. you say “we” actually you mean people like you and IM2

Also, some of your posts are unhinged when you refer to fellow posters like Resnic as if they were white people in the 1940s. And you’re completely wrong. Segregation was not accepted everywhere in America. My grandfather a white man had a black boss at the steel plant in the 1950s. So your understanding of American history is wrong.
Black folks in 2023 are dealing with the same racist that black folks dealt with in 1923, take that Christian Nation garbage, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass. I have never lived in Africa, but I grew up in America. I have never dealt with racism and discrimination in Africa, but I have damn sure dealt with both in America. Man go on somewhere with that my grandfather had a black boss bullshit, I came at the back end of Jim Crow, so you go feed that bullshit to someone else.

They could just hire security if they really wanted to be open 24/7.

But who wants to go to church at 3am anyway?

I'd rather live in a America that didn't need security for a church at any time of day. But I guess you'd rather find ways to live with a shitty society rather than get rid of the people who make it shitty.

And people who are having a crisis in their life are up at 3am and could use some comfort. People that are up late because they can't sleep. People that are up late because they are 3rd shifters. People that prefer the late night. Any number of reasons why. What, do you think the whole country goes to bed at 10pm?

1695348048485.png

~S~

I'd rather live in a America that didn't need security for a church at any time of day. But I guess you'd rather find ways to live with a shitty society rather than get rid of the people who make it shitty.

And people who are having a crisis in their life are up at 3am and could use some comfort. People that are up late because they can't sleep. People that are up late because they are 3rd shifters. People that prefer the late night. Any number of reasons why. What, do you think the whole country goes to bed at 10pm?
Wishing we don’t need security doesn’t eliminate the need for security.

I’d love to see harsher punishment for criminals, but until that happens, we need security.

Black folks in 2023 are dealing with the same racist that black folks dealt with in 1923, take that Christian Nation garbage, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass. I have never lived in Africa, but I grew up in America. I have never dealt with racism and discrimination in Africa, but I have damn sure dealt with both in America. Man go on somewhere with that my grandfather had a black boss bullshit, I came at the back end of Jim Crow, so you go feed that bullshit to someone else.
A friend of mine's church in Africa was bombed a couple of months ago and her cousin killed. She shared some photos while she was still shocked by it; her cousin, a female, was badly blown apart while others had limbs missing. Quite a few were killed (20s) but I suppose you consider that normal Black behavior in America.

You're a liar. BTW; Africans I know don't give a damn about African-Americans. Call them "whities". They don't mean it as a disparaging term btw.

Greg

I agree with the last part. I have fought insomnia most of my life. Probably why I did well on the 3rd shift years ago.

But people who are up late and having issues are not limited to going to an empty church. There are many better ways to reach out for help. And anyone who believes God only hears prayers from inside churches is beyond me. I do get that being in the church provides comfort. But the risks and liabilities outweigh that.

A friend of mine's church in Africa was bombed a couple of months ago and her cousin killed. She shared some photos while she was still shocked by it; her cousin, a female, was badly blown apart while others had limbs missing. Quite a few were killed (20s) but I suppose you consider that normal Black behavior in America.

You're a liar. BTW; Africans I know don't give a damn about African-Americans. Call them "whities". They don't mean it as a disparaging term btw.

Greg

A woman who worked with my Dad (years ago) was from Africa. She said they laugh when they hear someone here for generations call themselves "African-American".

Are all Churches locked at night? every single one of them?

I'm asking because I don't know....can't you ring the bell, knock on the door or something? so somebody can let you in if needed?

I'm asking because I don't know....can't you ring the bell, knock on the door or something? so somebody can let you in if needed?

I'm sure most churches have a way for people to reach the pastor. It happens with some regularity at some churches. I grew up in one that the pastor would be out almost weekly. Usually late at night where he would arrange lodging and food for a family.

Greg
Sad story, but what does any of that have to do with the way black churches in America were blown up and burned down for years.

Places of worship are generally locked up tight, yes.

But if you know the parson, you can always go knock on the rectory door if s/he's on site.

I see this all over the place at least here in Buffalo. All of the churches are locked up at night time. I even see it with one of the mosques in Lackawanna. There’s a a padlock on it.

It’s not like this in South America and in Russia, there the churches are open 24/7 …people can go in there and pray when they want as they should be able to.
Churches are businesses and it is prudent to lock the doors when no one is minding the store.

Do you know the 1950s there was a lot more admiration in both black and white communities. Look at the filth we have in America today, the high divorce rate, the attack of the nuclear family. By far and wide black and white Christians are united in this thing they are united against the radical LGBT agenda.. And they disagree with your point of view along with that of IM2 Curried Goats
Ever heard of Emmet Till you ignorant piece of shit??

Forum List

Back