Why America’s Workers Need Faster Wage Growth—And What We Can Do About It

When the left wing uses terms like "American workers" it sounds like the same old Marxist crap we have been hearing from the radical left for half a century. The median income for the middle class dropped 8% since Barry Hussein was elected. How long will the left be able to blame Bush?
The decline began with Ronald Reagan's "Trickle Down" Supply Side economics, It continued through the Clinton Administration and reached the crisis level during the Bush years.

What is needed to reverse this trend is a resurgence of the union movement and a purge of legislators who serve the interests of the 99%.

No, the decline began in the 70s. It's logically impossible for an effect to precede the cause, wouldn't you say? When this does occur that's a good sign that you've misdiagnosed the cause.

Secondly, all you're focusing on here is tax policy, which means that you have to make a huge conceptual leap to tie it to declining wage growth.

The parsimonious explanation is that the influx of women into the labor force, combined with opening the immigration floodgates in 1965 led to a slowing of wage growth due to increased competition in the labor market.

The timing here works, the theory works - supply and demand is down at the bedrock level of levers that we can pull to affect wage levels.

Time to readjust your argument so that it actually lines up with the facts, no matter how ideologically unpleasant the implications may be to you.

Warp speed on the money printing....zero interest rate policy......

Actually, we have very little inflation which in turn slows economic growth.

Instead of whining about low interest, why not take advantage of it? Refinance your home or buy property, either to live in or as an investment. Good for you and good for the country.

The last year has been a poor one for American workers’ wages. Comparing the first half of 2014 with the first half of 2013, real (inflation-adjusted) hourly wages fell for workers in nearly every decile—even for those with a bachelor’s or advanced degree.

Why America s Workers Need Faster Wage Growth And What We Can Do About It Economic Policy Institute

Is anymore evidence needed that Republicans need to be voted out?

x_mark_red.png

Obama's been a fucking disaster on par with FDR's record failed first two terms

The decline began terminal velocity in 1971 when the last remaining adherence to sanity in monetary policy was discarded.

Yes, I did call authorities. I'm also the guy who calls the cops on the infiltrators standing around Home Depot looking for work. I'm the guy who sent bricks to my Congressman, by FedEx one time.

Doesn't ring true to me. Using a job interview to seek confirmation bias on your fruity liberal ideas is something that sound like it comes from the fevered imagination of a liberal, not from someone who is putting money on the line to launch a company.

Here are the flaws with your scenario.

1.) What does it matter what a FOREIGN engineer thinks of the US system seeing how they weren't educated in the US system. Do you similarly ask your maid (because you're a rich guy, right) for advice on which stocks you should buy?

2.) What a remarkable coincidence that ALL eight engineers had the identical answer, an answer which is so uncommon in the US and only held by a few fringe leftists.

3.) The answer given is offensive in a private, PROFIT-MAKING, enterprise in that it signals that there is something wrong with making profits. The politically safer answer is to focus on speaking about outcomes and such, but no, ALL EIGHT gave you the same politically loaded answer.

Sounds fine, thanks for asking. Oh, did you mean to use your fevered imagined story as the basis for a refutation of an argument that was never presented? Regardless, I'm touched that you care so much about my opinion. Thanks muchly, sweet kisses to you.

How did you know that the people you reported were illegally here? Brown skin, spoke Spanish, born in Guayama?

Yes, I did call authorities. I'm also the guy who calls the cops on the infiltrators standing around Home Depot looking for work. I'm the guy who sent bricks to my Congressman, by FedEx one time.

Doesn't ring true to me. Using a job interview to seek confirmation bias on your fruity liberal ideas is something that sound like it comes from the fevered imagination of a liberal, not from someone who is putting money on the line to launch a company.

1.) What does it matter what a FOREIGN engineer thinks of the US system seeing how they weren't educated in the US system. Do you similarly ask your maid (because you're a rich guy, right) for advice on which stocks you should buy?

2.) What a remarkable coincidence that ALL eight engineers had the identical answer, an answer which is so uncommon in the US and only held by a few fringe leftists.

3.) The answer given is offensive in a private, PROFIT-MAKING, enterprise in that it signals that there is something wrong with making profits. The politically safer answer is to focus on speaking about outcomes and such, but no, ALL EIGHT gave you the same politically loaded answer.

Sounds fine, thanks for asking. Oh, did you mean to use your fevered imagined story as the basis for a refutation of an argument that was never presented? Regardless, I'm touched that you care so much about my opinion. Thanks muchly, sweet kisses to you.

I simply have an interest on how folks from foreign countries see us. It also show me social interaction which is important since part of the contract award process is from recommendations from personnel.

btw; you have to be a complete fool if you don't see the school voucher program as being funneling public monies into private pockets.

There are only a little over a third of a billion of us onepercenter. Congress has no business mandating a wage. It would just result in wage inflation and no real buying power increase.

Companies need to realize that increasing worker pay will mean more sales through increased disposable income. They still need a legitimate reason to pay more. Special skill sets, experience or productivity are all reasonable choices.

How did you know that the people you reported were illegally here? Brown skin, spoke Spanish, born in Guayama?

Absolutely. I have no problem with profiling.

There are only a little over a third of a billion of us onepercenter. Congress has no business mandating a wage. It would just result in wage inflation and no real buying power increase.

Companies need to realize that increasing worker pay will mean more sales through increased disposable income. They still need a legitimate reason to pay more. Special skill sets, experience or productivity are all reasonable choices.

Inflation is going to occur regardless of wages increasing. The Big Mac cost rose 1200% from 1970 to today, but wages haven't come close to that.

Congress must mandate a wage, otherwise employers would take advantage of their employees.

Wage Inflation? Really? What is the NET cost of a $10.00/employee vs. a $12.00/hr employee?

The legitimate reason to raise employee wages is that employees make you ALL of your income.

Absolutely. I have no problem with profiling.

So much for profiling:

The United States Postal Service zip code for Guayama is 00784.

The brown people born in Guayama are United States Citizens.

That's their tough luck if they're hanging out with a bunch of Mexican illegal infiltrators in the parking lot of a Home Depot. Once the cops roll up, they can provide their ID and their problem is solved.

When the left wing uses terms like "American workers" it sounds like the same old Marxist crap we have been hearing from the radical left for half a century. The median income for the middle class dropped 8% since Barry Hussein was elected. How long will the left be able to blame Bush?
The decline began with Ronald Reagan's "Trickle Down" Supply Side economics, It continued through the Clinton Administration and reached the crisis level during the Bush years.

What is needed to reverse this trend is a resurgence of the union movement and a purge of legislators who serve the interests of the 99%.

dear, real wages are higher now than 100 years ago not because of unions and other idiotic liberal schemes, but because Republican capitalists supplied( supply side economics) new goods and services that improved our standard of living.

Econ 101 class one day one!! See why we are positve liberalism is based in pure ignorance. What other conclusion is possible?

That's their tough luck if they're hanging out with a bunch of Mexican illegal infiltrators in the parking lot of a Home Depot. Once the cops roll up, they can provide their ID and their problem is solved.

Says the sociopath........

Warp speed on the money printing....zero interest rate policy......

Actually, we have very little inflation which in turn slows economic growth.

Instead of whining about low interest, why not take advantage of it? Refinance your home or buy property, either to live in or as an investment. Good for you and good for the country.
Actually we have quite a lot....ask the op.....free Money causes inflation......and if we don't have inflation then what's the point of the thread.

dear, real wages are higher now than 100 years ago not because of unions and other idiotic liberal schemes, but because Republican capitalists supplied( supply side economics) new goods and services that improved our standard of living.

Econ 101 class one day one!! See why we are positve liberalism is based in pure ignorance. What other conclusion is possible?

Try again. Unions have been around since the mid-19th century. Unions have been responsible for higher wages, workers right, and workers safety. Unions supported Social Security. Almost every private retirement plan was either Union or supported by Unions. Try not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Inflation is going to occur regardless of wages increasing. The Big Mac cost rose 1200% from 1970 to today, but wages haven't come close to that.

Congress must mandate a wage, otherwise employers would take advantage of their employees.

Wage Inflation? Really? What is the NET cost of a $10.00/employee vs. a $12.00/hr employee?

The legitimate reason to raise employee wages is that employees make you ALL of your income.

No customers make you money, employees are an expense. The net cost difference maybe fired employees or some reduced to part-time in order to defeat the cost increase. The difference you asked for is about 30% more, two thirds of that is the wage increase itself, then there is the additional taxes and benefits paid by employers

Actually we have quite a lot....ask the op.....free Money causes inflation......and if we don't have inflation then what's the point of the thread.

Inflation is caused by increased costs in products and services.

Again no, it can also be increased profits, regulations, licensing, interest and a host of other things. You are not much into economics are you?

. Unions have been responsible for higher wages, workers right, and workers safety..

of course that 100 stupid and liberal. Unions are gone and Americans are still the richest people in the world and even in indistries where there were never unions

We are the richest in human history by far thanks to capitalism which forces companies to provide best jobs and products possible just to survive. Post on fridge for daily review until you take Econ 101, little boy!

Inflation is caused by increased costs in products and services.

total illiterate liberal!! Inflation occures when Fed prints too much money relative to goods and services available.

Econ 101- class one day one. Again you are a total illiterate and so a liberal . Please ask questions only.

Forum List

Back