Why America needs guns

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
https://tribunist.com/news/teenager-accidentally-kills-marine-after-shooting-at-road-sign/

"
Teenager Accidentally Kills Marine After Shooting at Road Sign"

"A teenage boy, shooting a pistol at a road sign, ended up killing a retired Marine who was sitting on the front porch of his house."

Yeah, with MORE GUNS this event wouldn't have happened because the person who shot the sign, and then killed the retired Marine, would ALREADY BE DEAD.

More guns.

Let's get rid of cars.

There would be far less accidents.

Does the word "accidentally" escape you?
How about the murder rate in Chicago? Tracking Chicago shooting victims

Yeah, accidentally someone died. If there weren't guns, if idiots shooting signs didn't happen, then that former Marine would still be alive. Right?

What about the murder rate in Chicago? Is it fucking high? Does it point to the fact that guns in society is a bad thing TOO?

Does the word "accidentally" escape you?
How about the murder rate in Chicago? Tracking Chicago shooting victims

Yeah, accidentally someone died. If there weren't guns, if idiots shooting signs didn't happen, then that former Marine would still be alive. Right?

What about the murder rate in Chicago? Is it fucking high? Does it point to the fact that guns in society is a bad thing TOO?

Nonsense. Guns are why you even HAVE a society.

Let's get rid of cars.

Yes there would. But people would still need to get around. And there'd still be accidents.

People don't need to shoot signs.

Also, if measure were taken to reduce deaths on the road, that would work. Because it works in countries which actually have a proper government.

The US has 10.6 road fatalities per 100,000 people.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Well, let's see who shares a similar rate to the US.

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

Yeah, poorer former eastern European countries and the Philippines.

Let's get rid of cars.

Yes there would. But people would still need to get around. And there'd still be accidents.

People don't need to shoot signs.

Also, if measure were taken to reduce deaths on the road, that would work. Because it works in countries which actually have a proper government.

The US has 10.6 road fatalities per 100,000 people.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Well, let's see who shares a similar rate to the US.

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

Yeah, poorer former eastern European countries and the Philippines.
You are comparing apples to oranges kid.

None of these nations have the same highway or road infrastucture system, nor do they have the same car ownership tradition as the U.S.

We can't even begin to make comparisons. It would be impossible.

The only nation that has an even comparable interstate system, that I am aware, would be either Canada or maybe Germany? Even then. . . .

And there is no nation that has a tradition of car ownership.

Here, middle class teens feel like they are deprived if they do not get a car when they get a license.

I doubt there are any other nations on the planet that have that same cultural attitude.

Of course, this is what the culture is in the "fly over states." I can't imagine what it is in them big metropolises where you ain't got no room to park cars. :auiqs.jpg:

`
I use guns; a) To hunt, b) to shoot varmints like squirrels, rabbits, sea gulls, etc and c) since I have a CCL, I occasionally carry one to certain urban areas.
`

Let's get rid of cars.

I like where you're going with this however you're thinking too small.

Let's get rid of people, not only will there be less accidents but traffic will be a hell of a lot better as well. :)
Stupid OP's definitely deserve stupid replies.

Believe it or not, most of my friends that are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists tend to be liberal. And they actually have that same philosophy, not tongue in cheek, they are damn serious.

They all hold these conflicting POV's that we should somehow depopulate the human population, that humans are bad, and evil, but nature is good. I don't understand it really. If animals are good, but humans are bad. . .

Wait, what? Aren't humans an animal?

:dunno:

`
I use guns; a) To hunt, b) to shoot varmints like squirrels, rabbits, sea gulls, etc and c) since I have a CCL, I occasionally carry one to certain urban areas.
`
The more you post, the more I like you.

Folks like you will keep this nation together.

https://tribunist.com/news/teenager-accidentally-kills-marine-after-shooting-at-road-sign/

"

"A teenage boy, shooting a pistol at a road sign, ended up killing a retired Marine who was sitting on the front porch of his house."

Yeah, with MORE GUNS this event wouldn't have happened because the person who shot the sign, and then killed the retired Marine, would ALREADY BE DEAD.

More guns.

Morning.

Never need a gun until you need a gun. Then, my friend so much better it is to have one-—or ninety.

This kid I grew up with who was named after a Greek mythological beast? I used to ride over to his house back when we were in the 7th grade around the mid-80's. We were into Megadeth, Metallica, Metal Church, Iron Maiden, etc. He was a troubled sort. He had been on a boating trip out on the Susquehannock River with his father, a Federal Judge and his older brother. Their boat capsized in heavy current near a dam. The father managed to throw the youngest son, my friend, back up onto the bottom of the boat. So he lived, having first had to watch his older brother and father drown.

Long story short, his mother remarried a Vietnam Vet who stored some goodies in an old Army footlocker in their barn. Among said goodies was an M16A1 select fire, fully automatic rifle, and a .45 semi-auto pistol. Well, the stepdad left the mom one day, and he also left behind said footlocker, which my friend directly broke into. From that time on, me and my friend and some other kids from school would target practice with the M16 and the .45.

So one day I ride my dirt bike over to his house—his mother was hardly ever home and they lived on a multi-hundred acre farm in a massive "two wing" brick gothic farmhouse almost like a Tudor house, but not quite. Anyway, soon as I get there, I see my friend laying down on the edge of a field in front of his house with the M16, shooting away at something in the distance—maybe a groundhog? Turns out to be the mail truck which is parked in front of a mailbox over four hundred yards away.

He was a troubled kid who before I ended our friendship, "accidentally" grazed me in the temple with a .22 bullet. Needless to say, the day of the mail truck incident (no cell phones back then), I excused myself, went home and told my father about what happened, who immediately went to one of our town's only two cops, a best friend of his from high school, who then rode me out to my friend's farm and it was all settled. The "adult" weapons were confiscated, and no one was hurt. Seems my buddy missed the mail truck (and the mail man) because, he claimed, he was aiming for a distant neighbor's Angus cow like six or seven hundred yards away, well over the mail truck's roof.

Let's get rid of cars.

Let's get rid of people, not only will there be less accidents but traffic will be a hell of a lot better as well. :)

Believe it or not, most of my friends that are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists tend to be liberal. And they actually have that same philosophy, not tongue in cheek, they are damn serious.

They all hold these conflicting POV's that we should somehow depopulate the human population, that humans are bad, and evil, but nature is good. I don't understand it really. If animals are good, but humans are bad. . .
Er..umm.. you say that most of your friends are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists that believe "we should somehow depopulate the human population"?

Piece of advice for your own safety: either find new friends or consider making an investment in body armor.

"Keep your friends close, so they're easy to find when depopulation becomes your number one priority"

9 out of 10 scientists agree that humans are animals, on the other hand, 12 out of 13 animals dispute that conclusion.

"

More guns.

Morning.

Never need a gun until you need a gun. Then, my friend so much better it is to have one-—or ninety.

This kid I grew up with who was named after a Greek mythological beast? I used to ride over to his house back when we were in the 7th grade around the mid-80's. We were into Megadeth, Metallica, Metal Church, Iron Maiden, etc. He was a troubled sort. He had been on a boating trip out on the Susquehannock River with his father, a Federal Judge and his older brother. Their boat capsized in heavy current near a dam. The father managed to throw the youngest son, my friend, back up onto the bottom of the boat. So he lived, having first had to watch his older brother and father drown.

Long story short, his mother remarried a Vietnam Vet who stored some goodies in an old Army footlocker in their barn. Among said goodies was an M16A1 select fire, fully automatic rifle, and a .45 semi-auto pistol. Well, the stepdad left the mom one day, and he also left behind said footlocker, which my friend directly broke into. From that time on, me and my friend and some other kids from school would target practice with the M16 and the .45.

So one day I ride my dirt bike over to his house—his mother was hardly ever home and they lived on a multi-hundred acre farm in a massive "two wing" brick gothic farmhouse almost like a Tudor house, but not quite. Anyway, soon as I get there, I see my friend laying down on the edge of a field in front of his house with the M16, shooting away at something in the distance—maybe a groundhog? Turns out to be the mail truck which is parked in front of a mailbox over four hundred yards away.

He was a troubled kid who before I ended our friendship, "accidentally" grazed me in the temple with a .22 bullet. Needless to say, the day of the mail truck incident (no cell phones back then), I excused myself, went home and told my father about what happened, who immediately went to one of our town's only two cops, a best friend of his from high school, who then rode me out to my friend's farm and it was all settled. The "adult" weapons were confiscated, and no one was hurt. Seems my buddy missed the mail truck (and the mail man) because, he claimed, he was aiming for a distant neighbor's Angus cow like six or seven hundred yards away, well over the mail truck's roof.
Interesting story.

Thank you for sharing.

I just can't imagine America being America with out guns.

It is just a part of our culture, it has been this way since our founding, it is part of us. I don't know how folks think you can just get rid of it.

It is like the English finding out tea is cancerous and then saying, "cheerio, we're going to ban tea now chaps."

Yeah, right.

"

More guns.

Morning.

Interesting story.

Thank you for sharing.

I just can't imagine America being America with out guns.

It is just a part of our culture, it has been this way since our founding, it is part of us. I don't know how folks think you can just get rid of it.

It is like the English finding out tea is cancerous and then saying, "cheerio, we're going to ban tea now chaps."

Yeah, right.

I totally agree. Been hunting and carrying firearms my entire life. Firearms are an extension of who many of us are, and partially define being America. Enough said.

Let's get rid of cars.

Er..umm.. you say that most of your friends are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists that believe "we should somehow depopulate the human population"?

Piece of advice for your own safety: either find new friends or consider making an investment in body armor.

"Keep your friends close, so they're easy to find when depopulation becomes your number one priority"

9 out of 10 scientists agree that humans are animals, on the other hand, 12 out of 13 animals dispute that conclusion.

Oh, I make friends with everybody, irrespective of their POV or politics. I don't care about that. Shit, politics and pontificating about philosophy and life is next to meaningless when it comes to the day to day realities of living and working with friends, isn't it?

I wrote; "most of my friends that are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists," meaning, the ones that ARE misanthropes, atheists and nihilists, are liberal. I can only think of one anarcho-capitalist that was, until recently, an atheist and nihilist, but in his old age has rejected "scientism," and has become more spiritual and philosophical.

A lot of them fundies in the Trump campaign had an affect on him I think.
:abgg2q.jpg:

It's just my belief that liberal folks consume too much corporate news, believe it all with out critical thinking, and that, really, is the sinister underlying agenda of the corporate media. In the end, that is really what they want everyone to believe. Isn't that the underlying reality of global warming and the message they are really sending with all the bad stories about humanity?

Let's get rid of cars.

Oh, I make friends with everybody, irrespective of their POV or politics. I don't care about that. Shit, politics and pontificating about philosophy and life is next to meaningless when it comes to the day to day realities of living and working with friends, isn't it?

I wrote; "most of my friends that are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists," meaning, the ones that ARE misanthropes, atheists and nihilists, are liberal. I can only think of one anarcho-capitalist that was, until recently, an atheist and nihilist, but in his old age has rejected "scientism," and has become more spiritual and philosophical.

A lot of them fundies in the Trump campaign had an affect on him I think.
:abgg2q.jpg:

It's just my belief that liberal folks consume too much corporate news, believe it all with out critical thinking, and that, really, is the sinister underlying agenda of the corporate media. In the end, that is really what they want everyone to believe. Isn't that the underlying reality of global warming and the message they are really sending with all the bad stories about humanity?

You realize I was just fucking with you, right? :D

`
`

Uh-huh, obviously a future menace to neighborhood schools in the making.

… I for one was perfectly alright with you having guns until those shocking revelations regarding your violent history with "varmints" came to light.

Forum List

Back